Guardians of the Galaxy Will Poulter to play Adam Warlock

Great track record so far for people starring this Supermassive Games xD

I start to like him in Little Hope (I think he was awful in this Maze Runner movies though). I cant imagine him in this role so far, but lets see how this will turn out.

Great actor. Great in Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Detroit, and The Revenant.

Ive seen him in Maze Runner, Narnia and some movie I can't recall right now.

And this casting doesn't eXcite me. The actor doesn't look the part.

I can actually see him as Adam Warlock. Good choice.
He has those kind of facial features, look in the eyes and sort of "*****ebag atitude" that fit the character.

large_a1efed5007ca10dd8304c2bac9dca649-will_poulter.jpg

3227233-warlockbande.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely not someone I'd have thought of for the part, but I have no issue with it. He can obviously do comedy (We're the Millers), but I hope Gunn doesn't make the character a total goofball lol.

So when rumors leaked, that they‘re looking for a Zac Ephron type…..?
He‘ll always be the boy, whose balls were bitten by a tarantula to me or the guy whose face is worn by a swedish cult.
But now we know, why was recast in the LotR series for Amazon

Not sure anyone saw him getting the role, especially after the initial rumors about who they were looking for.

Glad for him, I was hoping they would go for a more diverse option but I’m excited to see what he brings to the role

So when rumors leaked, that they‘re looking for a Zac Ephron type…..?
He‘ll always be the boy, whose balls were bitten by a tarantula to me or the guy whose face is worn by a swedish cult.
But now we know, why was recast in the LotR series for Amazon
Zac Efron not Ephron.

This casting is odd, given Adam Warlock is a pretty boy in the comiXs.

Yeah this doesn't excite me at all. I hate to be THAT person but I expected Adam Warlock to be extremely attractive and Will Poulter doesn't make me flutter at all. He's got quite an odd look about him (not unattractive but I imagined Adam being like... peak Brad Pitt attractive)

It's not like they're short on pretty boys in Hollywood so can only assume he gave a dynamite audition.

Can't say I can see Poulter as Warlock. Hope he can win me over somehow..

Regé-Jean Page and George MacKay apparently were considered. I've never seen Page in anything and MacKay only in 1917. Both look more like I'd imagined the part but I guess Poulter must've shown more acting-wise for the role.

Can't say I can see Poulter as Warlock. Hope he can win me over somehow..

Regé-Jean Page and George MacKay apparently were considered. I've never seen Page in anything and MacKay only in 1917. Both look more like I'd imagined the part but I guess Poulter must've shown more acting-wise for the role.

I don't get the appeal of Rege-Jean Page. Bridgerton is not that great of a show and his SNL hosting gig was underwhelming. So why is he such a big deal?

I don't get the appeal of Rege-Jean Page. Bridgerton is not that great of a show and his SNL hosting gig was underwhelming. So why is he such a big deal?

Thank you. All of this :applaud

Now by making him a "joke" are you referring to taking obscure D-List comic characters and turning them into extremely popular fan favorites? Like Gunn did with Drax, Gamora, Star-Lord, Groot, Rocket and Nebula? Here's hoping HIM gets the same treatment!

Some men just want to watch the world burn…

I have no doubt the poster in question is a HUGE Adam Warlock fan and simply wants the one time holder of the soul gem to be properly interpreted for the big screen.

Now by making him a "joke" are you referring to taking obscure D-List comic characters and turning them into extremely popular fan favorites? Like Gunn did with Drax, Gamora, Star-Lord, Groot, Rocket and Nebula? Here's hoping HIM gets the same treatment!

Yeah, Dave Bautista really liked the fact that Drax was turn into a clown just because Gunn can't help himself and has to write every character as "funny and awkward" which is popular today. Shocking!

I look forward to these serious moments that will be interrupted by quips.

Last edited:
If HIM looks only like Will Poulter, I'll be disappointed.

If HIM looks like Will Poulter make-up'd to look more like HIM, I'm totally fine with it.

Tl:dr It's gonna be fine hahaha

To be fair I have really missed some of the personality characteristics of especially Peter Quill and also Drax, Gamora and Mantis as someone who read the Giffen/Abnett/Lanning cosmic comics that ran from 2006-2010 and then went back to read classic Jim Starlin cosmic Marvel like Mar-Vell and Adam Warlock.. The GotG movies are great fun but sometimes I wish it would be a bit more like the characters I fell in love with...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"