Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

They are dragging these movies throughout the year calendar, That’s terrible marketing wise.

He's right

All the good 2021 slots were taken anyway

He's wrong. The movies that moved to 2021 took dates that WB were never going to use for WW84 or TENET. WB will most likely use current locked WB dates for WW84 & TENET and shift the other movies back. If I had to predict future dates for those two films I would think WW84 either goes to June 4, 2021 or moves into TSS Aug 6, 2021 date. TENET will most likely take Space Jam 2 July 16, 2021 date while WB moves that to a new date.

Last edited:
He's right

He's wrong. The movies that moved to 2021 took dates that WB were never going to use for WW84 or TENET. WB will most likely use current locked WB dates for WW84 & TENET and shift the other movies forward. If I had to predict future dates for those two films I would think WW84 either goes to June 4, 2021 or moves into TSS Aug 6, 2021 date. TENET will most likely take Space Jam 2 July 16, 2021 date while WB moves that to a new date.
Yeah, Nolan's movies do well in July. For WW84, late May or early June 2021 would be OK, I guess.

The problem is, they have limited stuff they can use for marketing, unless they want to give away Key scenes, so the stuff they have already marketed, (photos, merchandise) will not be enough to generate excitement again if they wish to postpone the release date to June 2021.

Which is why I still hope that they will be able to release this movie in Nov/Dec this year, otherwise they risk losing momentum.

Ec3LfqJUcAAk06W

I wonder how the Snyder Cut going forward just how it will affect the DCEU continuity when it comes to this particular film in general if it even does at all?

Especially now that the Multiverse might be introduced and then Keaton possibly coming back...I wonder how WW84 will factor in as well given the whole multiverse and time travel/manipulation that will happen

I wonder how the Snyder Cut going forward just how it will affect the DCEU continuity when it comes to this particular film in general if it even does at all?

Especially now that the Multiverse might be introduced and then Keaton possibly coming back...I wonder how WW84 will factor in as well given the whole multiverse and time travel/manipulation that will happen

I think Snyders continuity takes a bat seat to everyone elses. WB has allowed WW/Aquaman to do their own thing and take presedence.

Looks like you got your answer. It won't affect anything because it's gonna be it's own separate thing inside the multiverse

The only "canon" Wonder Woman follows now is her solo movie and the Whedon Cut of JL

WB has postponed release of Nolan's T E N Ǝ T indefinitely, what are they going to do with WW84 ?

WB has postponed release of Nolan's T E N Ǝ T indefinitely, what are they going to do with WW84 ?

In a recent interview with an Israeli TV program Gal stated that the situation regarding the WW84 release date is being evaluated by them (Gal, Patty, and WB) every 2 weeks. The next meeting is at the end of July. She did emphasize that the film can wait and will be released when safe.

WB moved Conjuring 3 to June 4, 2021 so that date is now gone. To me, WB's handling of TENET & WW84 has been pretty embarrassing. The topic of conversation surrounding these movies is all about how often they get moved.

By who? Most of the time when the films come up by anyone I know or listen to it is just saying "COVID is screwing everything up and this sucks". Literally the only ones I see saying anything else are posters here or the like.

And if you are going to rip anyone anyways it is Nolan who should be ripped. He is the one who forced WB to do everything to release TENET. He used his clout to keep it on the board.

I'm not going back and forth with people who constantly defend WB's actions during this pandemic. Just block me if you don't want to read the criticisms.

Wow...I was asking you legitimately because no one I know or have contact with cares. I read it here only. If you dont want to have actual conversations with people who might not agree with you maybe message boards arent for you.

Just because I dont think WB is committing the Ultimate Sin like you and Micromind do doesnt mean we cant have a friggin conversation. I dont block people just because we disagree.

Boggles the mind why they decided to push this to 2020 in the first place

The report about it being because of a better release date reeks of PR fluff. I'm not buying it

At this point you may as well delay WW84 until 2021 because of COVID

Boggles the mind why they decided to push this to 2020 in the first place

The report about it being because of a better release date reeks of PR fluff. I'm not buying it
Jenkins has said she was happy with the 2020 delay because she got more time to finish the movie (post-prod).

WB has no choice but to delay them.
if WB release these films now they sure as hell won't perform the way they supposed to and WB would lose the ammunitions for 2021 as they can't shoot anything right now.

Yeas she has embodied that role. Pun intended.

It is friggin sad...if this country wasnt so damned selfish the delays wouldnt be needed. But hey some people know more than doctors and scientists...so here we are.

They shouldn’t have switched from the original November 2019 date but they should just take it to streaming or something. I don’t see movie theatres opening for a long time. Unless they want to start setting up more drive in theatres...
I agree with this the most. Patty should've kept the original date she also couldve released earlier in 2020. I think it might have to stream because all promo pics articles toys etc have been released months ago.

They didn't wanna compete I guess but they're seeing it would have been the better choice.

It is friggin sad...if this country wasnt so damned selfish the delays wouldnt be needed. But hey some people know more than doctors and scientists...so here we are.

The doctors and scientists that gave their go-ahead to the George Floyd protests in the middle of the covid-19 pandemic?! And they wonder why people's trust in experts is eroding

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"