Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - - - - - - Part 29

I learned recently that the "pleasures of the flesh" scene on the boat was entirely improvised from Gal and Chris: https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/9/15772134/wonder-woman-improv That was one of my favorite scenes from the movie, and was surprised to learn that it was all improv; both of them are super witty.

Going off that I loved that this film didn't shy away from the more sensual moments like that, either comedic, or serious in tone. That's a big part of the reason why I enjoyed the movie so much for sure. The "above average" scene, along with the pleasures of the flesh talk on the boat as mentioned. The "swaying" scene, etc. The movie even had a love scene, something you don't find too often in comic book movies. The romance was genuinely affecting. These are elements you'd more so find in a romantic comedy or drama, but the film embraced those kind of elements for its story and implemented them perfectly, and tastefully. Gal and Chris turning in really amazing performances just makes that embrace all the more amazing.

Every single actor brought their A-game in this movie. And a lot of the credit goes to Patty for that. But Pine was probably my favorite. That line and I'm paraphrasing a bit because I don't remember the exact words, "You don't think I want to tell you there's only this one guy to blame?" that whole exchange was just incredibly well-acted and incredibly moving.

tumblr_o34prhsKLL1s3ulybo5_r2_250.gif

Gal says Hi, ya'll :D :D

cqZNMIb.gif

What I liked about WW is the movie embraced Gadot's innate cuteness.

The Ice Cream bit was one of my favorite moments.

It's funny, but I felt like BvS kind of hid the "cuteness", but I think Jenkins
allowed for spaces for that to naturally occur.

I think that cute/affable aspect is also true to Cavill, but I think the movies haven't allowed for a whole lot of those types of scenes.
:wlso:

Every single actor brought their A-game in this movie. And a lot of the credit goes to Patty for that. But Pine was probably my favorite. That line and I'm paraphrasing a bit because I don't remember the exact words, "You don't think I want to tell you there's only this one guy to blame?" that whole exchange was just incredibly well-acted and incredibly moving.

^Completely agree :up:

Reactions to her casting from NeoGaf. Just a couple.

Snyder sucks so much.

Gorgeous woman, but not really feeling this casting.

Terrible casting

Hahaha Oh DC/WB/Snyder

Maybe she'll play Catwoman instead? I just don't see any Wonder Woman in her.

She's absolutely beautiful. Can't act her way out of a box and is far from the Amazon-type, though.

Stop Zack Snyder. Just stop.

It should have been Jamie Alexander.

Baffling choice.

This is a bad idea for many reasons.

1. She is not physically a fit for wonder woman both in looks and size
2. She is not even a remotely good actress. Granted you don't need a super talented actress to play a super hero as they all have the emotional depth of a qtip but it's like they aren't even trying
3. With both Batman and Superman in this movie they really don't need another character
4. Snyder/Goyer will inevitably **** this up keeping us from getting a solo Wonder Woman film any time in the next 10 years

Horrible, she's a walking skeleton. Too short too

Really weird casting choice.

This was a poor decision.

She doesnt look the amazonian type....

The odds of me watching a historically accurate wonder woman movie are 0.0%. Now I might actually rent this movie solely for how hot this chick is haha.

It occurs to me that this is exactly what Snyder did with Ozymandias in Watchmen.

He took the character that was supposed to be the epitome of sculpted human physicality, and then cast a human twig who never bulked up.

Abandon hope.

Most of these probably came from Campea. :o

C6l7_3TXAAEJ14i

I hope he likes his crow.

C6l7_3TXAAEJ14i

The sad thing is, Campea's reacted with total hate. Not just, "Not my actress."

But letting her be the scapegoat for everything bad with WB's handling from DC.

I'm almost hoping for an interview with Gadot and Campea just so he can apologize. That probably won't happen, though.

Dude wouldn't have the stones for it.

He's not going to apologise. He'd going to give her backhanded compliments that are actually his way of putting her down further.

So much for Gal representing everything that is bad with WB/DC. Now she, along with Patty Jenkins, represent everything that is good with them. How could Campea keep up that idea?

Old vid of Gal singing.

[YT]ddjDPgMJVpE[/YT]

The ultimate irony and feast of crow would be Gadot getting some nominations during awards season.

Hope it happens!

He's not going to apologise. He'd going to give her backhanded compliments that are actually his way of putting her down further.

So much for Gal representing everything that is bad with WB/DC. Now she, along with Patty Jenkins, represent everything that is good with them. How could Campea keep up that idea?

He's gonna attribute her performance to Jenkins alone-then if she isn't as good in JL he's gonna stomp on her.

It's as if he likes being right above giving people a chance.

But back to Gal. I liked her more than RDJ in the past several IM movies.

It's like she has the innocence of Reeve, the likeability of Chris Evans, and the combative assertiveness of ScarJo.

Go WW :)

Last edited:
He's gonna attribute her performance to Jenkins alone-then if she isn't as good in JL he's gonna stomp on her.

It's as if he likes being right above giving people a chance.

He should've played Ego in GOTG2, because he has a very big one to maintain. :o

C6l7_3TXAAEJ14i

The funny thing is that Natalie is horrible in the Thor movies despite her awards. Seeing what they did with Gal who never proved herself in a film makes me excited what they can do with Jason.
I just saw the clip of Gal mocking the people who said her breast are too small, it's sad that she knows about it but she mocked it in a great way.

Don't hold your breathe in regard to Campea. Even as recently as today's Collider movie talk, he's still on his Gal Gadot bashing marathon. It was nice to see both Mark Ellis and Jon Schnepp call him out on it though.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/5d0law/we_met_gal_gadot_this_weekend/#bottom-comments

It's funny, but I feel that it's less that Gadot is a perfect actress (though she knocked it out of the park in this film) and more that she already possesses the caring, sweet, passionate and tough qualities of WW. Like they could hire a big star and she probably wouldn't feel as genuine as Gal.

Thanks Zack and Patty http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/wo...wonder-woman-patty-jenkins-gal-gadot-casting/

I think being able to project a charismatic, endearing personality that seems to be anchored at least somewhat in the actor's natural demeanor is a classic movie-star quality associated with actors like Harrison Ford and Jimmy Stewart, who tend to retain at least some version of those qualities across multiple roles.

Of course these are also good actors, who can do more specialized things, but I do think that very broad "movie-star" appeal is a particular talent that not all good actors have.

It remains to be seen with Gadot, but her performance in this movie has that sort of quality, imho.

Don't hold your breathe in regard to Campea. Even as recently as today's Collider movie talk, he's still on his Gal Gadot bashing marathon. It was nice to see both Mark Ellis and Jon Schnepp call him out on it though.

They just uploaded the video and it seems that they cut that part out. I really wanted to hear what Ellis & Schnepp had to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"