• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Not surprising. I have no doubt Jenkins will finish this. But i’d be lying if i said my faith her isnt shaken after this. WW3 needs to be an epic grand slam of a movie.
She shouldn't write the movie at the very least. Get a good screenwriter and keep Geoff Johns away from the pre-production team.

I wonder if this this just a baseless announcement WB put out to allay concerns that creators are at odds with the studio. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get another announcement in a few months that Patty has stepped aside as to serve as producer while they get another female director.

We already know that Jenkins has story elements in mind she worked on with Geoff Johns, so she can always say she was continuing to develop those, but realized yadda yadda yadda

I am seeing so much vitriol towards Gal all over social media because she was in the IDF. Even on letterbox there is a review talking about her IDF service and how she's a hypocrite. Even people who have not seen the movie seem to be sharing THAT clip all over twitter critiquing it to death. It's to the point I'm seeing many people give the movie a bad grade over the IDF stuff smh

05f28e17be250dfe004a8804f0995085.gif

Patty needs to make this one count! But I guess we wont be getting that Amazon movie.

I am seeing so much vitriol towards Gal all over social media because she was in the IDF. Even on letterbox there is a review talking about her IDF service and how she's a hypocrite. Even people who have not seen the movie seem to be sharing THAT clip all over twitter critiquing it to death. It's to the point I'm seeing many people give the movie a bad grade over the IDF stuff smh

A hypocrite about what?

Dunno, he's Box Office analyst so, they often make estimates based on some data available (extrapolation ?), either way, lot of people don't have HBO Max yet.

Problem is that Max's data is private, which is why we don't hear about numbers until WM puts out a statement.

Just more proof that Tenet was the wrong movie to bring back movie going.
Oh boy, WB had a complete lineup of movies with big budgets waiting to be unleashed on HBO Max.

But Nolan gonnna Nolan and got his theatrical bomb.

What else is new ? WB using their usual PR tactics again and Scott Mendelson playing kill joy again.

If the plan is to bring in
Lynda Carter
to team-up with Gal for the 3rd film they can keep it.

Can we finally give WW a girlfriend in WW3 now that China has rejected the franchise?

WW3: War in Themyscira. The Paradise Island segments of both movies have been the strongest elements of those films. Its time to go all in and get Diana back to her roots and make her Amazonian family central to the plot. They need to go big in this movie and bring in more of the mythological Gods for a big conflict with the Amazons.

As I stare at my George Perez WW omnibus books and comics all I can think about is how great this character is and the amazing stories that can be told with her mythology. Sadly, like Thor, nobody is interested in that right now.

Not to veer too off topic but its an HBO Max decision. Apparently the pay structure for the actors is much more complicated if you make it episodes as opposed to a single film. So theyre doing it for financial reasons.

Yeah I read that and I don't buy it. That sounds way too convenient after ZS was campaigning to have a 4 hour cut in theaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"