Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Meh. No Wonder Woman portrayal is going to prevent that film from (likely) being garbage.
Also, not sure how turning Diana into a boring warrior princess stereotype is going to be an improvement in any way over the ambassador of peace, love, and compassion as originally conceived by Marston and re-affirmed by Perez that Jenkins had done a pretty good job channeling. To me, trying to turn Diana into a warrior princess is the crutch of creators who do not get the character like those who do not understand Superman and try to make him edgy and brooding like Batman.

I thought it was kind of odd that when Lord goes to the White House near the end of the second act that he isn't met by the ole gipper Ronald Reagan, one of the fundamental components of the 80s cultural zeitgeist. Instead its some guy who looks like Michael Shannon's older brother.

But then I thought that given the nature of the dreamstone and what we'd already seen, Reagan probably was the President when the film started and the President that Lord meets is likely some Senator or Congressman or literally a random guy who holds the position now because of the nature of another person's wish for example someone wishing "I wish Reagan wasn't president" or a female DC socialite wishing "I want to be the first lady" which makes her husband the president.

Its so weird to have a period piece where the president is historically inaccurate, but this would actually explain it perfectly.

UncommonNervousCutworm-size_restricted.gif

We know WB had in past bought various WW scripts and hired many people to write the script (laeta kalogridis, Joss Whedon) so it's not surprising that they were clueless about characterization.

Sounds to me that both Patty and the studio leaned too much into the extreme ends of WW rather than meeting half way in the middle. I thought the way she was portrayed in the first film was a good balance. If studio meddling was what made the first movie so good, then I really hope she listens to them for the third movie.

Sounds to me that both Patty and the studio leaned too much into the extreme ends of WW rather than meeting half way in the middle. I thought the way she was portrayed in the first film was a good balance. If studio meddling was what made the first movie so good, then I really hope she listens to them for the third movie.
Interestingly, Laeta Kalogridis, writer of one of the earlier unused WW scripts is now working with Patty Jenkins and Gal on Cleopatra movie.

Her writing credits include Alita: Battle Angel, Terminator Genisys and Birds of Prey (TV Series).

Sounds to me that both Patty and the studio leaned too much into the extreme ends of WW rather than meeting half way in the middle. I thought the way she was portrayed in the first film was a good balance.

Yeah. Alot of times ,its the tension and the tug of war that turns out a good product, which seems to have been the case with WW1. Yeah, Jenkins may still resent what went down with the first film, but at the end of the day , it was highly praised and pleased the audience across the spectrum.

Ultimately, the GA doesn't really care about what the studio wanted or want the director wanted. When they plop down their money and buy a ticket, they just care about seeing a good movie and having a good time.

Yeah. Alot of times ,its the tension and the tug of war that turns out a good product, which seems to have been the case with WW1. Yeah, Jenkins may still resent what went down with the first film, but at the end of the day , it was highly praised and pleased the audience across the spectrum.

Ultimately, the GA doesn't really care about what the studio wanted or want the director wanted. When they plop down their money and buy a ticket, they just care about seeing a good movie and having a good time.

Exactly. Around the internet "studio meddling" is seen as the devil but in reality studios have saved plenty of pictures over the years from directors or writers and vice versa. Both are needed but ultimately people just want to have a good time and enjoy themselves.

I am a fan of a little studio interference- the studio has to think long-term while the director is in the moment and can be too influenced by their personal tastes.

ww holding several heads in bg pic, guess that was what patty was talking about lol, zack have a sense of humor, i give you that lol
Eq54S0tXIAAKNxW.jpg

The rape discourse around this movie is... yea

What a mess bringing Steve back turned into

Patty: "WW being harsh and tough and cutting of people's head is not what we're looking for."

Meanwhile Zack's BG in an interview today be like
Eq7ScoPXMAEpVJY.jpg

Patty: "WW being harsh and tough and cutting of people's head is not what we're looking for."

View attachment 41373

God, I hate Zack and his toxic macho bull****... A guy who likes Ayn Rand should allowed nowhere near any DC property as far as I am concerned... shudder.

Once again, the studio wanted to cut the No Man's Land scene.

View attachment 41373

Jesus christ. What the hell is this? Why would anyone want something like this? There are so, so many issues with this picture...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"