Wonder Woman 1984 General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

That image is taken between the various takes (directors usually film a scene multiple times from different angles) and since Gal is on wires (not her stunt double) she's in character even though the camera was not rolling (shooting).

In other words, she's looking like WW and not as Gal Gadot in WW costume.

okay, maybe its just me but i dont think thats praise worthy. it applies to pretty much any actor who does their own wirework. i expect her to look like WW if she is wearing the costume.

okay, maybe its just me but i dont think thats praise worthy. it applies to pretty much any actor who does their own wirework. i expect her to look like WW if she is wearing the costume.
Its not just you. Cosplayers look like WW too.

Reading old quotes and articles from 2019 and it is easy to see why the action in WW84 is so atrociously bad and full of wire work.

"We need to fight like women"

I don't even know what this means. Perhaps someone needs to show Patty a women's UFC fight.
So that's why all the action felt so weightless and without any 'oomph'

Patty's been generalizing women a lot lately. They're not a monolith. I'm sure plenty of women like seeing Diana use a sword and seeing her headbutt and punch bad guys

EsGnKTCXcAEx6f-

HBO Max tops all streaming services in subscriber acquisitions for the 4th quarter of 2020 thanks to Wonder Woman and Warner media's day and date plan. Very excited to hear the numbers from the horses mouth on the 27th.

The 4K/Blu-Ray release date seems to be March 22nd here in the UK:

Special Features:

• The Making of Wonder Woman 1984: Expanding the Wonder - A fascinating high energy peek behind the curtain.
  • Gal & Kristen: Friends Forever - Take a deep dive into the iconic friend/foe relationship of Wonder Woman and Cheetah plus witness the real friendship that developed between Gal Gadot and Kristen Wiig.
  • Small But Mighty - Return to the island of Themyscira for a high stakes flashback of Diana’s childhood, in which she competes in the Amazon Games. Lilly Aspell, the cast, and filmmakers take us through this mind-blowing sequence.
  • Scene Study: The Open Road - In-depth breakdown of the exciting desert car chase.
  • Scene Study: The Mall - In-depth breakdown of the high-flying mall scene.
  • Gal & Krissy Having Fun - See the hilarious content that Kristen Wiig filmed during production.
  • Meet the Amazons - Get to know the incredible women that bring the Amazons to life.
  • Black Gold Infomercial - Max Lord’s full uncut infomercial.
  • Gag Reel - A fun compilation of the film's best bloopers.
  • Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Remix - Enjoy this fun remix of a classic theme song.

Last edited:
I would assume it is headed back to Max as soon as the theatrical run is done like the rest of their films. The one month deal was put in place so the theaters would not be too adversely affected.

I would assume it is headed back to Max as soon as the theatrical run is done like the rest of their films. The one month deal was put in place so the theaters would not be too adversely affected.

My guess is sometime around July or August of the Blu Ray comes out in March.

Not all DC movies are on HBO Max though. Like there is no Aquaman etc.

Its different for films prior to the existence of Max...

Right now Aquaman is either on or is going to be on TNT. If I do a search for it on Xfinity it shows a airing on Feb 7th. Off the top of my head Aquaman is the only pre WW84th DCEU movie not on HBO Max. Now that I think about it does any WB movie go to a movie channel other than HBO?

Right now Aquaman is either on or is going to be on TNT. If I do a search for it on Xfinity it shows a airing on Feb 7th. Off the top of my head Aquaman is the only pre WW84th DCEU movie not on HBO Max. Now that I think about it does any WB movie go to a movie channel other than HBO?
They were just showing JL and BvS on TNT/TBS like a week ago or so. If you mean premium movie channels, they go to Cinemax when they're done on HBO, but all these channels are in the same corporate family.

Wasnt Aquaman on Max when it first launched? Either way, when you have your own streaming service you shouldnt be rotating out your heavy hitters but thats WB for you!

Very good point, I dont think they appear on other streaming services for "free" apart from the Batman films.

They were just showing JL and BvS on TNT/TBS like a week ago or so. If you mean premium movie channels, they go to Cinemax when they're done on HBO, but all these channels are in the same corporate family.

Aquaman doesn't show up on Cinemax either for me. I'm not saying it wasn't on Cinemax but rather the only future airings showing up is on TNT at least for me. One thing I've noticed since getting HBO Max is that a few movies are on TNT, TBS and HBO Max.

And when I was asking about WB movies going to any channel other than HBO, I should have been clear on what I was asking. What I was asking is has a theatrical WB movie ever premiered on Showtime, Starz or any other premium channel instead of HBO. Well if you count New Line movies as WB movies then the answer is yes. I had my mom hating The Fellowship of the Ring because I would watch it on Starz East then when it went off I would switch to Starz West and watch it again. Sorry to go off topic with this question. I probably should start a thread in the right section to see what anybody else can come up with.

Aquaman doesn't show up on Cinemax either for me. I'm not saying it wasn't on Cinemax but rather the only future airings showing up is on TNT at least for me. One thing I've noticed since getting HBO Max is that a few movies are on TNT, TBS and HBO Max.

And when I was asking about WB movies going to any channel other than HBO, I should have been clear on what I was asking. What I was asking is has a theatrical WB movie ever premiered on Showtime, Starz or any other premium channel instead of HBO. Well if you count New Line movies as WB movies then the answer is yes. I had my mom hating The Fellowship of the Ring because I would watch it on Starz East then when it went off I would switch to Starz West and watch it again. Sorry to go off topic with this question. I probably should start a thread in the right section to see what anybody else can come up with.
Yeah I don’t think any recent DC movies go to the non-WB-owned premium networks. Aquaman was on Max and I’m sure it will come back before too long.

IM3 is not even in my top 2/3 of the MCU but I love Operation House Party.

I would decontamination watch WW84 over Ironman 3...that movie was pretty mediocre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"