WTF: What the Fandom?

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
In the past I've named this thread other things, but now's a great time with so many new users to bring back a thread to share our collections and to talk about what we collect. For those of us who participated in the past, perhaps your tastes have changed, or maybe you've added some "grails" to your collections.

So, what's your fandom?
What do you collect?
And if you can show it off, even better!
Newest acquisition(s)? What eludes you? etc

older threads:
Show us your inner fanboy (or fangirl)!
Show Off Your Inner Fanboy (or Fangirl)

When I was really young, I collected sports cards. i have hundreds, if not thousand of them.
I also collect funko pops. I have at least 300, probably more than 400.
I also occasionally collect Gone With the Wind stuff.
Official Marvel Movie Posters
Blu Fans Steelbooks (although I'm pretty much out of this one)

Fandom areas of collection - the Star's (Trek and Wars) & DC plus my film collection

Regards SW, I'm fortunate to have all my figures and vehicles still from the 'golden era' and it's valued financially highly, (not that I'd EVER sell it), have the old 'bubblegum cards' sold in the UK back in 1978, full collection and various mugs, vintage posters.

ST - original complete figure collection for the Motion Picture, posters & collectibles by way of bookmarks, film release specials and convention goodies.

DC - JL figures from the New 52 set that was realised (complete), comic book framed art for original Batman / Superman first issues, posters, comic books, GN's, a whole load of goodies.

My General and Specific film collection is huge, DVD & Blu-ray but have the last VHS release of the original SW trilogy before GL made all the continuous changes to it all, still in shrink-wrap.

Also have my classic film posters collection, much like CC I suspect, with the MGM/40's cinema collection.

Plus have every copy of Empire film magazine since launch (1989).

Storage - my garage and bedroom mainly. Some bits are in storage 24-7 just due to space (and worth) but more of the DC kit is kept out and I have my SW/ST plus the DC editions and my own film's posters above me at my work desk at home.

I'm single, can't figure out why :funny:

a year later and i'm coming back to this thread. has anyone started any new hobbies? gave up any?

i still have a ton (1000+) movies, and i've been downsizing my collection
off the hundreds of funkos i have, i'm planning on keeping less than 50. they need to go. some are pretty valuable
almost all my cards are in storage, and with most being 15-20+ years old, i wonder if there's any value for them anymore.
i could do with selling some of my disney posters as well. most have never even been removed from tubes and are official double sided posters.

how do you all track your collections?
I track my pops on Pop Price Guide - Price Guide, Collection Tracker, Marketplace & Community for Funko Pop Collectors. wouldn't mind finding a place to track my comic and card collections

Used to collect postcards, the weirdest, the better. Until one day I got tired of it and used them for a few DIY projects and they ended up in the trash, of course.

Lately I have been collecting Sonic comics by IDW and Sonic toys.

Here is my small collection of IDW comics that I have collected so far..

Issue #1 (Cover A)
Issue #4 (Cover B)
Issue #6 (Cover A)
Issue #9 (Cover A)
Issue #11 (Cover A)
Issue #15 (Cover B)

My collection of Sonic toys..

Totaku Sonic the Hedgehog
Totaku Knuckles the Echidna
Jakks Pacific Bendy Sonic
Jakks Pacific Bendy Knuckles
Jakks Pacific Ray Booster Ball