X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

I didn't like the penultimate episode.

Too much Magneto, and the replacement costumes look worse compare to the original costumes.

I watched it way too early to probably focus, going to require a 2nd watch.

I did like
Storm returning, Beast finally taking something down, Morph Hulk!

I didn't think they'd go through with that, but oh boy. Shocking. Another fun cameo this week, courtesy of Morph.

I'm not prepared for this to end, these eight weeks have been really special.

It's great seeing them not being afraid of pushing boundaries with this show which is something I was very skeptical about when this series was first announced but man was I proven wrong.

This show just keeps getting darker every week and I really appreciate that, especially when it feels like a natural escalation and not just something being done for the sake of shock value.

That ending really caught me off guard.

I think I liked the last episode a smidge better but overall still loved this episode.

Love seeing the older costumes in action and them splitting into the gold/blue teams. Think it's pretty cool they are adapting Fatal Attractions and curious to see how this all ends next week.

It's great seeing them not being afraid of pushing boundaries with this show which is something I was very skeptical about when this series was first announced but man was I proven wrong.

This show just keeps getting darker every week and I really appreciate that, especially when it feels like a natural escalation and not just something being done for the sake of shock value.

That ending really caught me off guard.
It really gives off the same vibe as reading some of the classic X-Men stories from the comics that pushed some boundaries and definitely weren't meant for younger readers. I love the original animated series but there was only so much they were able to get away with. With this there are less restrictions.

No way would Fox Kids have allowed them to do THAT 30 years ago.
They kinda did in season 4 two-parter Proteus. Where Kevin as Proteus tears Wolverine apart, while trying to stop him from wrecking havoc on the citizens of Scotland.

As revolutionary and groundbreaking as X-Men The Animated Series was for its time, it's dated due to the boundaries of its era and network standards and practices. X-Men '97 doesn't have that problem, so we can actually see Wolverine cut and stab things.

Me when he did that thing and the other guy did that thing to him.

giphy.gif

I have NO idea what the finale is going to entail.

They kinda did in season 4 two-parter Proteus. Where Kevin as Proteus tears Wolverine apart, while trying to stop him from wrecking havoc on the citizens of Scotland.

Still nowhere near as graphic.

Me when he did that thing and the other guy did that thing to him.

giphy.gif
Imagine this popping up right after that scene were it still on Fox Kids:

Damn good episode, at first I was like nah Rogue what are you doing, then I was like, YES Morph I love what your doing, then I was like no Cable stop doing that but then I was like Woo-Hoo Wolverine saves the day! but then it was like what the **** has Magneto done!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"