• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

The Jubilee half of that episode was really fun and imaginative. I need to play the Savage Land level on my Motendo. :D

Mojo was hilarious and overflowing with personality. Interesting how given the length they also started Lifedeath within the same episode. I’m glad to see Forge and hopefully they resolve this plot with Storm effectively.

I wonder if they will make an Arcade to system game. The Ninja Turtles one that came out a year ago is still great and fun. The animation in this made me feel they can easily do an X-Men one if they wanted.
Seems like a no-brainer at this point. I’m sure it would be a success and help push on some X-Men momentum ahead of the eventual MCU film.

The hair is probably different so you can tell who is Jean & who is Madeleine.
I agree and that's a nice touch.

Now turns out they are selling the Madelyne Pryor action figure as Jean Grey. :whoops:

b8bf0d1a6cd845ebbcb1c7360eb38da3xl.jpg

I agree with the others. One of the best things about '97 is that the story giving the other X-Men some love and spotlight.

Logan led most of the X-Men movies and had an entire trilogy for him. The last cartoon was focused on him. He's coming back as a title character in the MCU this year. And he's getting a new game soon, which is supposed to be the first of an X-Men trilogy. So 1/3 of the X-Men trilogy will be solely focused on him.

Sorry Logan fans, but I'd be more than happy if he was completely absent for all upcoming seasons and replaced by any other X-Man.
I’m glad to see the focus moved around to give the others a chance. I don’t need Wolverine to be absent (maybe from the first MCU film though), but certainly keeping a lower profile than in the past would be better.

Reactions: Lip
They will probably have Emma Frost, since I think they showed her in part of the intro. I know she has become more of an in the middle character. She won't full be on the team, but they will for sure recruit some new members. I think the first season is just going to focus on who they left off from.

I would like to see some of the Brotherhood, I don't think Toad was on the original but was on later cartoons.
I would like Emma since Marvel successfully turned her into a staple X-Men member after being a villain for two decades. Compare her to Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth and Juggernaut (all joined the team in the comics). I still view those four as villains first and foremost, while I can rank Emma as one of the most top X-Women.

And noto Brotherhood mutants, joining the team.

I would like Emma since Marvel successfully turned her into a staple X-Men member after being a villain for two decades. Compare her to Magneto, Mystique, Sabretooth and Juggernaut (all joined the team in the comics). I still view those four as villains first and foremost, while I can rank Emma as one of the most top X-Women.

It's impressive how they've done it and I'd always want any ongoing or sufficiently long X-Media to eventually get around to featuring Emma. In the MCU I definitely want to see her as fully fledged villain first, and the Hellfire Club could become a great location to have like the Iceberg Lounge for The Batman. And then to move on to her becoming a core part of the team and even later featuring her school.

It's impressive how they've done it and I'd always want any ongoing or sufficiently long X-Media to eventually get around to featuring Emma. In the MCU I definitely want to see her as fully fledged villain first, and the Hellfire Club could become a great location to have like the Iceberg Lounge for The Batman. And then to move on to her becoming a core part of the team and even later featuring her school.
I would like to see her interaction with the team if she joins the team.

I don't really remember her contribution as a member in X-Men Anime and Wolverine/and the X-Men. So its going to be refreshing when she joins them. The other big X-Men too like Iceman, Psylocke, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Angel, Shadowcat, if they ever join the team permanently in season 2 or 3.

Bishop, so far. I feel like I haven't seen much from him aside from power displays. I'm intrigued why they chose him in the first place. I wish they would give him something more to do, like a story arc.

Meanwhile, Morph is basically Mimic in powers only and I guess Mystique for the shape-shifting. Even though the "references" when he morphed to other characters were nice. I just don't see him as "X-Men". I feel like this platform should highlight the more classic X-Men that weren't showcased much in the 90s cartoon. I wouldn't be happy if Marvel Studios adapts Morph in the movies.

Bishop, so far. I feel like I haven't seen much from him aside from power displays. I'm intrigued why they chose him in the first place. I wish they would give him something more to do, like a story arc.
I think Bishop is done. It seems his only purpose to being on the team was so they had someone to take Nate into the future.

As far as future team rosters, I can't imagine there will be a major shake up. One of the appeals of doing a continuation is using the 90s team. Maybe there will be 1 or 2 people here and there but that's it. Plus it seems part of Morph's secondary role is to be other X-Men characters that wouldn't otherwise be on the team in the show.

I just don't see him as "X-Men".
Not sure what this even means.

I'm assuming, based on the title, that tomorrow's episode if going to be more Gambit focused.

At this point in the comics, imo, Juggernaut is 100% a full fledged hero/X-Man
Emma and Magneto are X-Men who happen to be ruthless and cunning and willing to get their hands dirty
Mystique is first and foremost concerned about her family and those closest to her, her allegiances change daily
Sabertooth is 100% still a villain

I don't really get the appeal of Emma Frost. She's a fine character and all, but I really don't see her at the same level as Storm, Jean, and Rogue and would be disappointed if she was given priority in the MCU.

At this point in the comics, imo, Juggernaut is 100% a full fledged hero/X-Man
Emma and Magneto are X-Men who happen to be ruthless and cunning and willing to get their hands dirty
Mystique is first and foremost concerned about her family and those closest to her, her allegiances change daily
Sabertooth is 100% still a villain
It isn't about the comics though, about the post you quoted. Just in general, who I think are the "X-Men villains" and "X-Men".

Magneto will always be seen as X-Men's #1 villain/antagonist.

Juggernaut as a hero??? Those people who only read the comics (from 2000 to 2024) would view it that way, but I read the comics, and I still don't see him as a hero.

Whereas I think Emma become more popular as a member of the X-Men, than a villainess.

I don't really get the appeal of Emma Frost. She's a fine character and all, but I really don't see her at the same level as Storm, Jean, and Rogue and would be disappointed if she was given priority in the MCU.
I think Shadowcat and Psylocke are more in the same level as those three than Emma. But Emma is quite popular. When it comes to female X-Men characters, even though there are a lot of great female characters in the X-Men mythos. There aren't that too many to choose from as leading X-Women.

Storm
Jean
Rogue
Psylocke
Jubilee
Shadowcat
Emma
Polaris
Dazzler
X-23 (she's forever tied with Logan, unless MCU ignores their link)
Magik (if they ignore The New Mutants squad, and put her in the team)
And of course Mystique (I feel like those who were only eXposed from the movies think she's "X-Men")

Then after those, b-tier X-Women like Cecilia, Marrow, Sage, Mirage - which I want to see but I don't think Marvel Studios would put them in the forefront.

I think a lot of her appeal has come through her as a mentor role in Gen X and New X-men/Academy X.

I do hope they ignore the New Mutants for the most part and set up Gen X, as this is based on the 90s comics.

I wonder why Juggernaught was such a focal point in the new comic ad.

What the hell?! This show is…wow.

I hate Demayo got himself fired. I hope whoever steps in has his same passion and guts. Shout out to Disney for letting him go there in an animated show.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"