X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

I also want to see an adaptation of Fatal Attraction, although I'm aware of where Erik is right now.

images

Would be nice for a Wolverine Spin-Off too.
Part of the drama in that one also stemmed from Magneto and Wolverine having grown friendlier during the Outback Era
I could see it in a season 2 or 3 when Magneto breaks bad again, and he's shocked that Wolvie goes for a killing blow against him

Reactions: Lip
I'm so ready for whatever they cooked up tonight!

So anyone tell me why Sunspot is still in this, because 4 episodes in, he's still around and yet he's still not part of the team and that intro.

Marvel just uploaded that arcade video with him and Jubilee.

So anyone tell me why Sunspot is still in this, because 4 episodes in, he's still around and yet he's still not part of the team and that intro.

Marvel just uploaded that arcade video with him and Jubilee.
He and Jubilee were on a date in the last episode...

Ironically, I think this episode focusing on two of the slightly smaller stories was just what this series needed. Really enjoyed it! Glad they picked Lifedeath as a story they're covering across a few episodes. I also like how they've been setting up the next episode.

Jubilee and Roberto make a cute couple. Cool episode, I particularly liked the second half. The pacing of this show is interesting. So much happens and there's a ton of action, but all the episodes have these extended scenes of character build-up that are wonderfully paced. I've grown to really enjoy the animation too, this episode had some gorgeous shots and effects, like the video game sequences.

I would welcome a Motendo game, right now.

Episode 4 was fabulous. It was fun and at the same time great growth for Jubilee, and then on the second half, honestly no one can do Storm justice the way Alison Sealy Smith does her.

That damn Beau DeMayo strikes again.

Are they actively trying to use Gambit as little as possible? :waa:

It's my least favorite episode, though I think that's largely because they linked two segments together, that I felt were a mismatch , for me at least.
I appreciate others may see it differently , but it felt like a jarring parring for my taste.

So, if i'm looking at them as two separate episodes , as opposed to one episode , I'd give both a B, with the Jubilee episode being the better of the two ,IMO.

That was a fun distraction episode, the first half was a lot of nostalgia and gave Jubilee and Sunspot some attention for a bit and the 90's themes and levels were such a kick, got some real Matrix and Into the Spiderverse vibes as well, the animation was so good in this part.

The second half felt more like a set up for the next episode but again it was good to focus on Storm for a bit on her personal quest to get her powers back potentially so it served more purpose than the first half even if that was a bit more fun and actiony.

Just a shame you have to wait a full week for the next episode.

Rewatching the original series I noticed that Wolverine was much more prominent in the show, and so far this new series hasn’t done much with our beloved character. He gets a few lines here and there but that’s about it. Maybe that will change in Season 2.

Rewatching the original series I noticed that Wolverine was much more prominent in the show, and so far this new series hasn’t done much with our beloved character. He gets a few lines here and there but that’s about it. Maybe that will change in Season 2.

Nah we good, keep giving us Wolverine in doses. We've had enough of him the last 20 years.

You say that as if its a bad thing. We're fine with him being in the background for once

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"