• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

According to Demayo, it was Maddie

So yeah, at lot of this will probably be undone, hopefully without undoing the tragedy of the attack overall

I have no problem with X-Men and comic book storylines “undoing” certain events—it’s part of their charm IMO. It’s not real life; that’s the beauty.

So however Episode 5 impacts the rest of the series and however long its effects are maintained/felt, count me in. I have 0 complaints with how the creatives have been approaching these characters and stories.

I took all the shots of them lying down as confirmed kills.

Madelyne
Shaw
Calisto
Moira
Banshee
Don’t forget
Dazzler who was next to Shaw I believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lip
Everyone: losing their minds over the last 10 minutes
Me: still jammin to that song they played right before

RQzZk7P.gif

According to Demayo, it was Maddie

So yeah, at lot of this will probably be undone, hopefully without undoing the tragedy of the attack overall

To be fair, its probably the most comic accurate thing they have done with that character.

I mean, is it possible De Mayo parted ways to focus on live action? Lol is that me just being hopeful?

Also, is the controversy really just that he has an OnlyFans?
Lol that's definitely you being hopeful.

I dont think Onlyfans was the reason. His firing only drew more attention to it then he would've had, had he stayed.

I have no problem with X-Men and comic book storylines “undoing” certain events—it’s part of their charm IMO. It’s not real life; that’s the beauty.

So however Episode 5 impacts the rest of the series and however long its effects are maintained/felt, count me in. I have 0 complaints with how the creatives have been approaching these characters and stories.
Agreed. Episode 5 wasn’t great only because of the last 10 minutes for me. I would prefer the impact of higher gravity events to be felt for longer, but I’m not going to complain if we see certain characters again down the line.

I'm excited for the MCU X-Men, but as far as I'm concerned, THIS is the main course. I don't think the show can be matched, it is so uncompromising, raw, and beautiful
Seriously, I was annoyed waiting so long for the MCU X-Men. But if Marvel keep feeding me with this show, I don't care about waiting for the MCU at all.

If only it came sooner.

Is the live action X-Men movie supposed to be a continuation of this show?
Oh I swear to god if they ruin this show with Multiverse shenanigans to force a connection to the MCU. :argh:

Let this show be its own thing for godsake, Feige.

So I saw on Twitter about a development...

Apparently Captain America is supposed to be on an episode. Methinks Theo James might be Cap.
I'm not gonna lie, I know he's a beloved character by many, but I'm disappointed...

Was that the first needle drop in this series?

Hot damn, this show's going for Battlestar Galactica levels of gut-punch storytelling!

My list of priorities:

1. Get DeMayo to oversee the X-Men games, and make about them.
2. Get DeMayo to oversee the X-Men spin-offs: New Mutants, X-Factor and X-Force.
3. Get DeMayo to be the James Gunn of the MCU X-Men.

Seriously, I was annoyed waiting so long for the MCU X-Men. But if Marvel keep feeding me with this show, I don't care about waiting for the MCU at all.

If only it came sooner.
To be honest-- use a character here and there from the X books in the MCU - Beast in The Marvel's, Logan and Deadpool in Deadpool 3 - but leave the X-Men as a property to this show exclusively. The MCU as is is already bloated and bursting at the seams. It's ridiculous that they're introducing the Fantastic Four into a universe where seemingly the first fantastical thing ever experienced was the invasion of New York. Now you have the F4, the Silver Surfer and potentially Galactus existing in the 60's? Nonsense. Not to mention the fact that nobody seems shaken by a giant celestial in the sky from The Eternals.

Even when I was a kid I tended to seperate the X-universe from the other main-line Marvel books. It's just too massive and it demands a canvas of its own.

I'm hoping Gambit isn't dead and that it's only being made to look like it until it's revealed that he's survived but just really badly injured. Narratively, it doesn't make sense for Rogue to finally choose Gambit over Magneto, just for Gambit to be killed off.

I wouldn't mind if Magneto was actually dead because, without Xavier, he's not really got any purpose. If he is, they did kind of gloss over his death rather quickly.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm kind of finding Rogue a little bit annoying. She was one of my favourite characters in the original animated series, but in this series, the "love triangle" has made her a bit of a *****. Whilst Rogue/Magneto was a thing in the comics, in this series there is no reason for her to be all doe eyed over him all of a sudden, just for there to be "drama" in the Rogue/Gambit relationship. It doesn't help that she's drawn younger looking than she was in TAS but then the reveal that Magneto hooked up with her when she was even younger pre-X-Men days, it just looks like he took advantage of her. Her casting Gambit aside after he's been loyal to her for years, just because she can touch Magneto, Gambit deserved better. Also again, just because she can touch Magneto doesn't mean that she should suddenly go gloveless because there were still lots of people on Genosha that would be affected by her powers. Also holding Gambit with no gloves, when he's severely injured at least, could kill him if his injuries haven't already.

The series is good and episode 5 has definitely been the best episode so far, especially the Genosha attack scene, but the characterisation of Rogue has not been my favourite.

Last edited by a moderator:
On one hand I really want Demayo back but on the other if he was fired for being a nasty abusive piece of work in the writers room I’m not gonna tell someone to suck it up and suffer in their job for my entertainment. To be fired or “part ways” right before it all started airing is just interesting. I don’t believe it was because of the OF but if it was REHIRE THIS MAN!

Last edited:
Something tells me the massacre on Genosha will be an “absolute point.” Not necessarily specific mutants being killed but the destruction of the island itself and the deaths of millions will need to always happen.

On one hand I really want Demayo back but on the other if he was fired for being a nasty abusive piece of work in the writers room I’m not gonna tell someone to suck it up and suffer in their job for my entertainment. To be fired or “part ways” right before it all started airing is just interesting. I don’t believe it was because of the OF but if it was REHIRE THIS MAN!
Oh come on! He was just bullying gays. Who cares for the gays? :o

Seriously now, I've been under a very toxic work environment and it's a nightmare for your mental health.

I hope whatever he did was fixable, and this firing him is a way to punish him and give him a lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"