• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Well at least we know now that they will use the original theme for this series. I’m watching Dr. Strange:MOM on Disney+ and when Xavier appears and the theme plays, my subtitles say “X-men ‘97 theme plays”.

image.jpg

Hope this is a solid continuation! Loved the original as a kid.

That iteration of Magneto’s suit is an interesting choice.

That iteration of Magneto’s suit is an interesting choice.

Didn't he steal one of his daughter's outfits? :o

More seriously, it's very cool to see that the original art direction has been well preserved.
I'm very curious to see what the animation looks like.

I just hope they keep the cheesy CGI in the end credits

They’ve been liking DeMayo’s posts, so I was wondering. I’ve loved their stuff with Mike Flanagan.

Wow confirmed for season 2 already! I really want them to go back to 20+ episodes next time. Bloody duck tales got it why couldn’t the x-men?

love the new designs

I see Morph is back with his white head from AoA. It looks like Sunspot will have a prominent guest-star role. And who's the lady in red next to Shaw? Val Cooper?

Technically this show could premiere early December 2023 and it would still be considered “fall”

when they mean early 2023 for What if, they clearly mean end of March 2023

All characters keep their design from 92 TAS
I throught they would have new outfit

I just want Iceman, Psylocke Angel coming back

They’ve been liking DeMayo’s posts, so I was wondering. I’ve loved their stuff with Mike Flanagan.

These guys are such a good get. I loved what they did on Midnight Mass.

I was just listening to what they did for a movie called Extinction and it couldn’t be more different from their recent Netflix output. Some parts of it almost reminded me of the score for the old X-Men animated series, in terms of synthy electronics and moodiness, kind of like what Brad Fiedel did for the first two Terminator films, which is funny considering the original cartoon seem to be very inspired by that score as well. And, with Nightcrawler being in this, and his faith being a very important part of his character, I’m wondering if they’ll inject a bit of their Midnight Mass style into that.

Basically, I’m saying they’re very versatile and very appropriate for this project.

I still hope TAS universe is part of MCU multiverse (cartoons including X-men 92, Spiderman 94, Ironman 94, Hulk 94 ..)

Cannot wait for this, so f'in excited!

Storm's hair's gotta go though...

The new hairdo wouldn't bother me as much if it wasn't literally the only change from any of the original team's designs. Why change just that bit and nothing else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"