X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Here’s some of her work:
FEFdas7XwAkKJ_V

FEFda6OWYAcdzds

FEFdbHsWQAIgW7L

FEFdbWwX0AAQH-M

FEF7dtVWUA02VmX

FEF7dtTX0AUa20v

FEFfGe6XwAYyRX1

FEFfF41WQAIxmse

FEFfGuhXIAsu894

FEFfGPmXwAMwnmj

I love her designs :up:

What happens if this goes to several seasons? Are they going to call the next season X-Men 98? And for a 4th season will it be X-Men 2000 and will they get black leather costumes?
Considering the fact that Falcon and the Winter Soldier transitioned to Captain America and the Winter Soldier in the course of one season, I don’t think seasonal titles are out of the question.

If the original cast is not playing their original characters that is disappointing. This had probably the most perfect casting of any animated series. The voices were exactly the way they were described in the comics.

The voice actors for Magneto, Apocalypse and Cyclops will have to be replaced, because all those voice actors died.

Alyson Court will no longer play Jubilee, because she thinks they should hire an Asian actor to play her instead.

Everyone else is keeping their original voice actors.

Very excited that Beau DeMayo is showrunner for this one. Loved his writing for the recent Witcher Netflix anime.

Also, I'm so curious what balance they're gonna go for in homage to the original whilst modernising it a little (obviously still set in 1997). Like obviously, I want similar costumes, character designs etc... But I'd also be totally chill with an updated animation style.

It's been so long since we had a good X-Men cartoon and there are some fantastic animations out there atm, I'd love to see what they can do to bring the nostalgia to life.

Very excited that Beau DeMayo is showrunner for this one. Loved his writing for the recent Witcher Netflix anime.

Also, I'm so curious what balance they're gonna go for in homage to the original whilst modernising it a little (obviously still set in 1997). Like obviously, I want similar costumes, character designs etc... But I'd also be totally chill with an updated animation style.

It's been so long since we had a good X-Men cartoon and there are some fantastic animations out there atm, I'd love to see what they can do to bring the nostalgia to life.

Which is why you always look for the animation studio

If this is Marvel in house, I have concerns.

Id also would have rather a new series. This will be good for nostalgia but I want something more original

Are we expecting just one new season or more to follow? If just one then maybe a new series after.

Id also would have rather a new series. This will be good for nostalgia but I want something more original

this would be fun. It was an odd choice adding that 97 to the end there. They could have just said it was a sliding timescale

Im hyped, wary, and excited for this.

On one hand my favorite X-Stories/Characters came into play in the 2000s, but if this is set some years after the OG series we can maybe bring in some other mutants/teams. PLUS since the original series already did Phoenix & DOFP lets get some other X-Stories.

BRING ON THE AOA!

Also can we get a Spidey cross over again?

I can’t wait to see that theme done in surround sound with modern animation. Hopefully I can use this to get my nieces hooked on the x-men!

Me too that sounds wonderful. I don’t think we’ve seen Cassandra in any media other than comics yet so it’s a good way to find the perfect voice for her. Like I always hear eartha kitt as yzma from the emperors new groove when I read Cassandra

I hope they introduce Cassandra Nova, Bastion and new human antagonist. Also the new mutants should be at the school as X-men in training.

Cassandra Nova I feel is a bit too far along to add to this show.

I disagree about the New Mutants. It should be Gen X, with the old classic 90's X-force showing up.

That would be very cool! I could see him doing it actually

Cassandra Nova I feel is a bit too far along to add to this show.

I disagree about the New Mutants. It should be Gen X, with the old classic 90's X-force showing up.

If you do Cassandra Nova, she'd have to be fundamentally re-worked.

I've never been a fan of Cassandra Nova. She just seemed like an evil counterpart of the Professor to me.

I've never been a fan of Cassandra Nova. She just seemed like an evil counterpart of the Professor to me.

Because that's exactly what she was. Xavier's long-lost evil twin. Oh, his long-lost evil twin he tried to murder and strangle while they were both still in the womb.

Basically, everything about the Morrison X-Men run was awful. Lest we not forget Magneto masquerading as Xorn. A plot twist so awful Marvel erased it and it retconned it from continuity. Basically everything done by Morrison was undone and reset not long after.

Haveyou seen how she is drawn in the comics? Looks like an obvious evil clone of the Professor. IF there are other Evil Professors in the X-Men, I don't think they look remotely close to Charles Xavier.

Haveyou seen how she is drawn in the comics? Looks like an obvious evil clone of the Professor. IF there are other Evil Professors in the X-Men, I don't think they look remotely close to Charles Xavier.

She's his fraternal twin sister. He literally tried to kill her while they were still in the womb. I'm not joking this actually happened.

fnFLHlu.jpg

She's his fraternal twin sister. He literally tried to kill her while they were still in the womb. I'm not joking this actually happened.

fnFLHlu.jpg
Yeah I've read New X-Men. I've just seen this evil twin twist too many times. The design was just another issue. Like give me Children of the Vault instead of Cassandra Nova.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"