X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

This is I'm super excited for Marvel at SDCC because of Marvel animation. Hopefully they've been cooking cool stuff for us.

I only expect X-Men '98 news but nothing much on X-Men movies aside from writers.

They would be promoting their 2025 MCU movies and possibly announce their 2026 film slate.

Who would he date? Morph clearly likes Logan and Sunspot is with Jubilee. Does Shadowcat or Romeo exist in the MAU? :o

I’d be messy and have Bobby dating or hooking up with Pietro.

That’ll teach Lorna for faking her disappearance and breaking his heart for Alex in TAS.

Jennifer Hale voicing both times.

Loved Jean in Evolution too.
Actually crazy to me that Jennifer Hale has done both. Completely different portrayals. Perhaps it’s just how she’s been directed to speak.

I was told I was wilin' on this one. :o
Still stand by that. ;)
I know TAS had a limited budget, but they were allergic to letting Jean shine and use her powers.
What, not a fan of Jean frequently fainting while making very sexually suggestive moans in the middle of a fight and Rogue having to constantly pick up her slack? :o

Last edited:
Still stand by that. ;)

What, not a fan of Jean frequently fainting while making very sexually suggestive moans in the middle of a fight and Rogue having to constantly pick up her slack? :o

Evolution showed why she wore the pants in the relationship with Scott. :o

Lifts book for Xavier and quickly collapses from exhaustion.

Who would he date?
The only man who wanted to piss on Bobby: Alex Summers.

images

So, who else is staying up tonight? Honestly wish they dropped all three. :dizzy:

Remy. She was focused on her grief for him throughout the episode and it was pretty much clear that's who she was referring to given her name-dropping him seconds beforehand. Her words towards Magneto in the Genosha ball and her claiming him as her man made it crystal clear who she chose in the end.
That actually annoyed me and struck me as presumptuous. No, Rogue. Gambit was not, in fact, your man. And that was your choice. Because you decided touching a creepy old man who took advantage of you when you were young was more important (Seriously. Will writers just let that **** die? It is icky beyond belief and honestly never should have happened).

She made a terrible choice and treated Gambit very shabbily. She doesn't get to slip him back on like a pair of old, comfortable shoes after making out with Magneto in front of him. In the future, I would like to see some acknowledgement of the fact that that part of her 180 turn is fueled by her own guilt and at doing Gambit wrong.

I know I'm in the minority, but I am not a fan of how Rogue has been written in the series thus far.

That actually annoyed me and struck me as presumptuous. No, Rogue. Gambit was not, in fact, your man. And that was your choice. Because you decided touching a creepy old man who took advantage of you when you were young was more important (Seriously. Will writers just let that **** die? It is icky beyond belief and honestly never should have happened).

She made a terrible choice and treated Gambit very shabbily. She doesn't get to slip him back on like a pair of old, comfortable shoes after making out with Magneto in front of him. In the future, I would like to see some acknowledgement of the fact that that part of her 180 turn is fueled by her own guilt and at doing Gambit wrong.

I know I'm in the minority, but I am not a fan of how Rogue has been written in the series thus far.
I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not too harsh on Rogue on it because I imagine your concerns will be acknowledged sometime in the three-parter. I do agree that I never liked the Magneto/Rogue ship, and this show made it seem especially problematic considering the flashback.

And whether it ends up happening or not, bring back Gambit as a horseman could lead away into that angst for Rogue to confront her mistakes. I also wager with Cable's arrival, she'll try to persuade him somehow to bring him back only for that not to pan out.

Will binge all the episodes DeMayo recommended this afternoon before the new episode. :like:
I’m going to do the same. The fun thing about watching TAS is seeing how much better ‘97 is by a mile :oop:
Just finished my binge of all the recommended episodes before these last three episodes, and after watching the excellent X-Men ‘97, I’d be lying if I didn’t find my watching of the old series episodes a little…rough. :grimace::whoops:

Some great stories and premises, for sure, but hampered by some pretty rough animation, really weird pacing, some strange character writing and occasionally ridiculous vocal performances. There is definitely a bit of nostalgia talking when people put this up as an exemplar of what the medium can do for stuff like this, but the potential is certainly apparent.

You can see how people making the new show are really taking something that they grew up with and loved as kids and said, “What if we took that show, not as it was, but how we remembered it was, combined that with what we love about the comics, utilized all of the modern technology and animation techniques at our disposal, gave it the quality writing it deserved without the hinderance of restrictive old television standards and practices, pushed it even further and made it even better than ever before, and created something that simultaneously honored the original cartoon while also making something that feels like the purist distillation of everything that is X-Men?”

That’s what the show is.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"