• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Screenshot_20240512_140715_Gallery.jpgI can't wait to see who will be getting their "intro shot" next season, for the first time.

And Cyclops should be wearing his costume by now, instead of those everyday clothes. I don't know why they didn't bother to change especially he's usually the first one with the name.

Thats a shame, I dont see why we cant have a bit of Deadpool animated fun these days, whether RR voiced or not it would have been a fun cameo for an episode. I dont see why you spend all that money to get the rights back then not use it as much as possible or say things are "off limits" but there you go.

Its not like they've done already 50 episodes to feature other characters such as Deadpool and venture to the larger portion of Marvel Universe. Thats why I'm not a fan of any of the Avengers showing up in this.

There's still plenty of X-Men characters to develop and feature. And I'm not even sure if season 2 and 3 would be enough for that.

So weird. They have access to various Avengers and villains but DEADPOOL of all characters is a no go? Make it make sense.

That's a good thing IMO. This series doesn't need Deadpool.
Knowing this show, they would've just had Morph go all Deadpool for a couple of seconds.

View attachment 90172I can't wait to see who will be getting their "intro shot" next season, for the first time.

And Cyclops should be wearing his costume by now, instead of those everyday clothes. I don't know why they didn't bother to change especially he's usually the first one with the name.

I hope it is new new costumes and not their current throwback ones.

I think the other costumes would have looked better with better animation/drawing, well better execution. The animation of this IMO doesn't look very modern, or for a better word, advanced/top animation. And I think that made the "throwback" costumes looked worse.

Crazy how every episode has been legitimately good/amazing. Props to everyone involved with this series.
The quality has been high from the beginning along with great consistency. I’ve no doubt they will nail the landing too. Hopefully the show grows in hype amongst people who haven’t yet seen it between now and season 2 so we get a bunch more seasons.

So I've been watching all the intro for all the X-Men cartoon series and these are the X-Men that haven't been upgraded yet as regulars in X-Men '97. I'm not including Spyke for obvious reasons:

Evolution: Shadowcat, Nightcrawler
Anime: Armor, Emma Frost
Wolverine and the: Angel, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Emma Frost, Shadowcat

I just realized like Psylocke, that Colossus haven't been a regular character in any cartoon. The Pryde of the X-Men isn't counted since it was just 1 episode.

ddd1e4c0f04fcb9aa8593fe582fcf9ce01a4bd12.jpg

I mean, is Havok really straight????

So weird. They have access to various Avengers and villains but DEADPOOL of all characters is a no go? Make it make sense.

Knowing this show, they would've just had Morph go all Deadpool for a couple of seconds.

I hope it is new new costumes and not their current throwback ones.
I think I'm fine keeping their 90s costumes for the next two seasons. But I definitely don't like the alternate costumes they've used in episode 8 and 9,so I'm hoping they will quickly revert back to the iconic 90s costumes.

The quality has been high from the beginning along with great consistency. I’ve no doubt they will nail the landing too. Hopefully the show grows in hype amongst people who haven’t yet seen it between now and season 2 so we get a bunch more seasons.

Has their been any word on how well it's doing with viewership/ratings?

Has their been any word on how well it's doing with viewership/ratings?
Disney hasnt said anything apart from the premiere day
“X-Men ’97” hit four million views in its first five days on Disney+.

According to Disney, this marks the streamer’s most-watched Season 1 premiere for a full-length animated series since Marvel’s “What If…?” debuted in 2021, putting “X-Men ’97” ahead of shows including “Iwájú” and “The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder.”

Disney hasnt said anything apart from the premiere day
Thanks for that. A show can get big premiere viewings on hype but needs quality to maintain people across the rest of the show and to come back for a season 2 and beyond. Luckily in this case the reception from most has been so positive that it’s very likely to be a strong trajectory from that initial figure.

Thanks for that. A show can get big premiere viewings on hype but needs quality to maintain people across the rest of the show and to come back for a season 2 and beyond. Luckily in this case the reception from most has been so positive that it’s very likely to be a strong trajectory from that initial figure.
We know Disney is happy enough that Seaosn 3 is already greenlit and in active development.

And speaking of Deadpool...Im rewatching the Xmen Anime series and their Deadpool cameo lol....truly anime
marvel-anime-x-men-review-1.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 90172I can't wait to see who will be getting their "intro shot" next season, for the first time.

Gambit!!!!! :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"