• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Or Colossus (remember the Ultimate version) or Northstar.

Though I don't really care about showmances in Marvel. I don't even like watching romantic movies. I just hope they found a way to include Iceman in season 2. If there are new additions to the team, its probably being done in production by now, or they already finished doing all the animation and just awaiting release.

Would you guys recommend rewatching the original run before diving into X-Men 97? The original show was a huge part of my childhood (saturday mornings watching that and The Spider-Man show) so I still remember some storylines and episodes vaguely. Not sure how hard this new season sticks with continuity or if its just "the characters you loved doing new shenanigans" so just wondering if a re-watch would help or if its not necessary?

Would you guys recommend rewatching the original run before diving into X-Men 97? The original show was a huge part of my childhood (saturday mornings watching that and The Spider-Man show) so I still remember some storylines and episodes vaguely. Not sure how hard this new season sticks with continuity or if its just "the characters you loved doing new shenanigans" so just wondering if a re-watch would help or if its not necessary?
I didn't bother with a rewatch before starting X-Men '97 and I've been able to follow along with no problems.

You don’t need to rewatch to enjoy 97 and shouldn’t let that put you off watching it live (at least for season 2) with fellow fans. That said it is still great background and don’t need a huge excuse to rewatch it anyway. :D

I would maybe recommend watching the last episode, because it would help set up X-Men 97 better. Otherwise, while it is in the same continuity, I didn't find anything where it was difficult to follow along.

That being said, this series is almost over now, so there is less incentive to stay current to stay in the conversation. On the other hand, it also means in a couple of weeks fans are going to be a lot more free with spoilers.

Up to you what is more important.

Not really. :xmen:

Out of the original 4 X-Men cartoon series, the 90s series was the best simply because they covered so many characters and storylines in their entire run. Plus the costumes and theme songs were huge pluses.

However, when i rewatched the series, in the mid 2010s, it always often made me sleepy for some reason. And the fact that they didn't change the regular roster during its 5 years run, turned me off a bit. The last few episodes, I felt like the energy of the show was stalling as well.

And now, it looks really dated, if you compare its animation to this new cartoon. Imo, watch the essential episodes, if you need to do some background research for Marvel Animation's X-Men '97.

This could go up with some waiting to binge watch all 10 episodes.

Okay but where is Grey's Anatomy in that chart? Which is the most streamed show in all streaming apps.

It seems they only ranked Disney+ originals in that article.

Not really. :xmen:

Out of the original 4 X-Men cartoon series, the 90s series was the best simply because they covered so many characters and storylines in their entire run. Plus the costumes and theme songs were huge pluses.

However, when i rewatched the series, in the mid 2010s, it always often made me sleepy for some reason. And the fact that they didn't change the regular roster during its 5 years run, turned me off a bit. The last few episodes, I felt like the energy of the show was stalling as well.

And now, it looks really dated, if you compare its animation to this new cartoon. Imo, watch the essential episodes, if you need to do some background research for Marvel Animation's X-Men '97.
I'm rewatching it alongside the new series. Currently early in Season 4, and 97 is definitely better pretty much all-around. The animation is so much smoother in the new version, the dialogue less stilted and more natural, and it doesn't have these weird "censorship" moments where they clearly are covering up for something to make it more suitable for kids (although X-Men is nowhere near as bad in this regard as the 90s Spider-Man). There are also some continuity issues, especially with Season 1 where some characters seem off compared to how they are later. For example, an earlier episode shows Beast blue and furry as a child, but a later episode shows him as a hairless adult with the Original 5 X-Men as you would expect. Season 1 Cable almost seems like a different character entirely from what he is later. Mystique and Rogue's relationship is off (although they try to have Mystique explain this away later, at least). Magneto is portrayed as far more villainous in his first couple of appearances than he is afterwards. Things like that.

I thought Shatterstar and Sunspot were already an item....?
I'm shocked to see Marvel actually had an ace character that long ago. Only for them to make Shatterstar bi and poly.

I'm shocked to see Marvel actually had an ace character that long ago. Only for them to make Shatterstar bi and poly.
There was Northstar from Alpha Flight who came out as gay when there was the AIDS crisis. Even before it was made official it was strongly implied.

And then there is the whole Claremont fetish stable....

But no, keep it Ricstar. Because it pisses off Liefield so much.

Before the finale, any last theory of where they are taking these characters?

I don't know what to expect from Rogue. Zero idea. And that's exciting.

I feel season 2 is far along and could start streaming late this year if they wanted...but knowing Disney plus they could sit on it till 2026....
That upcoming Spiderman Animated show has probably been in the can for a year now

Damn, I'm gonna have to watch this at midnight aren't I? Avoiding spoilers is gonna be impossible

Before the finale, any last theory of where they are taking these characters?

I don't know what to expect from Rogue. Zero idea. And that's exciting.
I hope they retire Magneto for good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"