X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score

Huh. Should be interesting.

New voice actors or the old cast, I wonder?

So this is a continuation? I’m in.

Unpopular opinion: but I would’ve preferred a new series with a new take on the mythology. Aside from a couple episodes, the 90’s X-Men cartoon isn’t that good IMHO.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion: but I would’ve preferred a new series with a take on the mythology. Aside from a couple episodes, the 90’s X-Men cartoon isn’t that good IMHO.

Same. The first 3 episodes are great. But everything else is dense and stiff. Even their Phoenix Saga was a bit of a chore to watch for me.

EXCLUSIVE: Cast Announcement for 'X-MEN '97' Coming to Disney+ | Marvel

A new generation, and fans of the original decade-defining cartoon, will enjoy this all-new animated series that revisits the iconic era and cast of characters from 1992’s X-Men: The Animated Series. In X-Men ’97 viewers can expect a return to this classic period in X-Men history, with many of the same cast members from its original run!

Featuring the voice talents of original X-Men: The Animated Series cast members including Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Alison Sealy-Smith, Chris Potter, Catherine Disher, Adrian Hough, and Christopher Britton, some cast members of X-Men ‘97 will reprise their original roles, with others voicing entirely brand-new parts.

X-Men '97 will also welcome a number of new voices to the cast, including Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, and AJ LoCascio.

The head writer and executive producer on X-Men ’97 is Beau DeMayo. Supervising director is Jake Castorena and supervising producer is Charley Feldman. Also consulting on the new series are X-Men: The Animated Series producers and showrunners Eric and Julia Lewald, plus original series director Larry Houston.

What does it mean that the returning voice actors are voicing new parts? That sounds a little ominous.

Personally, I don't get why they are reviving this show. It was a great show but it was also a very 90s show and a product of its time. I'd sooner rather they just do a brand-new show and tell their own story.

Secondly, it also bothers me that the original series creators are only serving as "consultants" on the new show.

I’m so happy! I can’t wait to blast that theme tune again.

just something they need to be careful of though, the x-men can’t be a dead thing. Like it needs to be very now and with it to succeed and not just something that’s like “hey it peaked before, have some nostalgia”. I’m sure more announcements are on the way to avoid this

So is the animation going to look exactly the same as if they're just further seasons of the same series? Won't it look rather 90s animation though and a bit dated?

Also why didn't Marvel continue with Spider-Man the animated series? Then we could've finally seen what happened to the real Mary Jane after the whole Hydro Man clone saga and Secret Wars.

So is the animation going to look exactly the same as if they're just further seasons of the same series? Won't it look rather 90s animation though and a bit dated?

Also why didn't Marvel continue with Spider-Man the animated series? Then we could've finally seen what happened to the real Mary Jane after the whole Hydro Man clone saga and Secret Wars.

x-men-97-cast.png

Here's the artwork from the Marvel reel. It looks like they've slightly updated the models and designs. They look a little thinner and more streamlined. A little less chunky. Rogue's face looks different, so do Jubilee's face and eyes. I guess it's like going from B:TAS to TNBA or TNBA and S:TAS to Justice League.

Last edited:
I got to be honest, that line about returning actors voicing new roles and only some of them reprising their parts makes me a bit nervous.

As long as Lenore Zann is still Rogue, I'm a happy camper. That's always who I hear when I think of the character.

They have a lot of ground they can cover. They could do Onslaught, Operation Zero Tolerance, Fatal Attractions... a lot of interesting stories.

I guess they can finally feature characters like Shadowcat, Sage and Marrow.

I got to be honest, that line about returning actors voicing new roles and only some of them reprising their parts makes me a bit nervous.

Well, clearly Alyson Court shouldn't play Jubilee.

Outside of Cyclops (RIP) and Xavier (not sure why Cederic Smith isn't returning), all the other actors seem like they're returning to their roles.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Britton (Sinister) and Adrien Hough (Nightcrawler) are playing new characters, especially if Sinister or Nightcrawler aren't appearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Netizen95
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"