X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Given plenty of women characters have had to deal with this trope for decades, way more than men characters ever had to deal with (to the point that Simone created the term fridging), I give this a pass. Besides like others mentioned, this was not done for shock value. Gambit had been built up plenty throughout the series and his death was done in a very tasteful and tbh pretty bad*** way to go out, by saving hunderds if not thousands of mutants

Anyway, in other news, clip for tomorrow. Seems like we're taking a side trip to outer space and an appearance from Vulcan.

Is that Ronan in the thumbnail?

Wasn't expecting a trip to space in tomorrow's episode, but it might start to give us hints as to where Lilandra & Charles are after the finale of the original series.

Given plenty of women characters have had to deal with this trope for decades, way more than men characters ever had to deal with (to the point that Simone created the term fridging), I give this a pass. Besides like others mentioned, this was not done for shock value. Gambit had been built up plenty throughout the series and his death was done in a very tasteful and tbh pretty bad*** way to go out, by saving hunderds if not thousands of mutants

Anyway, in other news, clip for tomorrow. Seems like we're taking a side trip to outer space and an appearance from Vulcan.

I can't believe they are combining that story with THAT character.

Which just reminded me of another branch of the family tree that hasn't been resolved yet in the comics. I will ****ing laugh if Xandra shows up, though.

I can't believe they are combining that story with THAT character.

Which just reminded me of another branch of the family tree that hasn't been resolved yet in the comics. I will ****ing laugh if Xandra shows up, though.

seems to be rise and fall of shiar empire.. that got me back into comics
Rise-and-Fall-of-the-Shi-ar-Empire-x-men.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was, but I don't watch the previews for the episodes. I like going in cold without watching clips and such before a movie or show. So I didn't see him in motion lol
Yep, I do the same and I try even avoid emotional spoilers. Sadly I knew last week's would be explosive.

After seeing the episode title for this week's episode I figured it be full on the Storm/Forge stuff and yet the preview clip is
the Shi'ar and Kree fighting and the first appearance of Vulcan.
This show keeps surprising me

After seeing the episode title for this week's episode I figured it be full on the Storm/Forge stuff and yet the preview clip is
I was really confused about this as well tbh.

It could be another split episode situation like episode 4. That or the stuff in the clip is a minor subplot.

Nice to see Vulcan. I think this is his first time appearing in a tv show.

I hope he would eventually meet Cyclops and Havok.

Adam X the X-Treme > Vulcan as the third Summers Brother

On this killing characters debate, I am against killing characters frequently. It loses impact if done too often and just needlessly loses possible stories. So I feel like a good reason is needed when you pull that plug. In this case, I am 100% okay with it. They needed to do this for the moment to have the desired impact. I don't want to see this become a super kill happy show, but here it really worked
A 9/11 allegory loses its oomph if there are no casualties.

Maddie looked to be a corpse.
I think the redhead everyone's thinking of is Dazzler laid out, I coulda swore I read DeMayo say Maddie got vaporized instantly at the start of it

I think the redhead everyone's thinking of is Dazzler laid out, I coulda swore I read DeMayo say Maddie got vaporized instantly at the start of it

Correct, Madelyne was utterly obliterated. The body beside Shaw (whom I also initially thought was Madelyne) was Dazzler.

Correct, Madelyne was utterly obliterated. The body beside Shaw (whom I also initially thought was Madelyne) was Dazzler.
I’ve been wondering for a week now who the redhead under the tarp was. Maybe DeMayo got it wrong and that was Maddie and he just didn’t remember. Or maybe it’s a mystery body:whoops:

After last week's doom and gloom...

It was pretty empowering and very cool to see Storm regain her powers and rock her OG costume.

AND THANK GOD NO MORE MOHAWK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"