X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

As much as I like AoA it seems redundant since TAS had "One Man's Worth". Xavier is also returning from "death" in the current season. Dont see them killing him right now. It should only be done if it is a season long event and highlights the differences between the time lines.

And not saying they can't double dip but TAS did a lite take on X-Men 1-3 and Fatal Attractions in "Sanctuary".

Outside of a couple of episodes in season 1, TAS never really portrayed Magneto as a 100% villain. Would be great to see him as the big bad. Maybe there will be a shake up in the roster and the team will be more like 70s and 80s line up.

Except they picked up with Xavier pretty much right where they left off.

Exactly. But even if his side of the story makes sense with the original show’s continuity, it seemed odd when that when Magneto arrived to take over the X-Men in Episode 2, not one X-Man objected with something like “but we don’t even know if he’s dead!” (Sounds like something Jubilee could have blurted out).

I can buy that the X-Men had to declare him dead at some point after not hearing from him; he’s a public figure after all. But it’s strange that the X-Men are all acting as they actually saw him die or definitively know him to be dead. Which I can also buy, if it’s revealed that Xavier did something shady like alter their memories or send a message from Shi’ar to fake his death.

Maybe there will be a shake up in the roster and the team will be more like 70s and 80s line up.
That's what I'm hoping. I'd really love to see Logan gone for a while, but I'm not sure they'd have the balls to do it.

I wanted to see Alison, but she's unfortunately gone. So Betsy, Colossus, Rachel, Kitty, Alex and Bobby are some of my favorite choices. But I don't think they'll add 6 new faces.

But I hope Bobby will be there.

That's what I'm hoping. I'd really love to see Logan gone for a while, but I'm not sure they'd have the balls to do it.

I wanted to see Alison, but she's unfortunately gone. So Betsy, Colossus, Rachel, Kitty, Alex and Bobby are some of my favorite choices. But I don't think they'll add 6 new faces.

But I hope Bobby will be there.

a roster change needs to happen imo it’s the only way to get the masses to understand the jim lee blue team aren’t the only X-MEN

a roster change needs to happen imo it’s the only way to get the masses to understand the jim lee blue team aren’t the only X-MEN
It always annoyed me how certain fans were never able to move past one version of the team from 30 years ago. The X-Men have evolved a lot over the years.

I’ve been thinking about changes to the roster, and thought something along these lines could be cool…

Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Rogue, Forge, Angel, Psylocke, and Nightcrawler are the core team.

Meanwhile, Jean and Cyclops travel through the future with their daughter Rachel to protect an infant Nathan, ultimately rebuilding their relationship in the process. Upon their return, they meet up with the Starjammers and Scott meets his brother Vulcan of the Shi’ar Imperial Guard.

Jubilee and Roberto join the relief efforts in Genosha where she meets Emma Frost, thereby spinning into a Generation X story.

Exactly. But even if his side of the story makes sense with the original show’s continuity, it seemed odd when that when Magneto arrived to take over the X-Men in Episode 2, not one X-Man objected with something like “but we don’t even know if he’s dead!” (Sounds like something Jubilee could have blurted out).

I can buy that the X-Men had to declare him dead at some point after not hearing from him; he’s a public figure after all. But it’s strange that the X-Men are all acting as they actually saw him die or definitively know him to be dead. Which I can also buy, if it’s revealed that Xavier did something shady like alter their memories or send a message from Shi’ar to fake his death.

They continued the thread from Graduation Day. The X-Men believed he was leaving and never coming back.

I’ve been thinking about changes to the roster, and thought something along these lines could be cool…

Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Rogue, Forge, Angel, Psylocke, and Nightcrawler are the core team.

Meanwhile, Jean and Cyclops travel through the future with their daughter Rachel to protect an infant Nathan, ultimately rebuilding their relationship in the process. Upon their return, they meet up with the Starjammers and Scott meets his brother Vulcan of the Shi’ar Imperial Guard.

Jubilee and Roberto join the relief efforts in Genosha where she meets Emma Frost, thereby spinning into a Generation X story.

i think there will be some kind of schism at seasons end and the team will split in two. ideally there would be a spin off show but i think they’d just focus on two teams next season… i hope

It always annoyed me how certain fans were never able to move past one version of the team from 30 years ago. The X-Men have evolved a lot over the years.

it’s because most people will never read a comic in their life (why the animation/games are so important) that’s why the new introductions every week is so awesome.. shows ppl how fluid the X-MEN truly are!

it’s because most people will never read a comic in their life (why the animation/games are so important) that’s why the new introductions every week is so awesome.. shows ppl how fluid the X-MEN truly are!
25 years of Fox craved an idea of what the X-Men are like for basically an entire new generation.

We waited 20 years for a new X-Men game just to get a Wolverine one.

Too bad this show didn't come before to influence things. But I'm quite happy this set the bar for what the X-Men should be like.

As much as I like AoA it seems redundant since TAS had "One Man's Worth". Xavier is also returning from "death" in the current season. Dont see them killing him right now. It should only be done if it is a season long event and highlights the differences between the time lines.

And not saying they can't double dip but TAS did a lite take on X-Men 1-3 and Fatal Attractions in "Sanctuary".

Outside of a couple of episodes in season 1, TAS never really portrayed Magneto as a 100% villain. Would be great to see him as the big bad. Maybe there will be a shake up in the roster and the team will be more like 70s and 80s line up.
The only other shake ups I'd like to see is Colossus and Iceman added to the team. If room needs to be made, Morph can go.

Has Rachel ever been done in animation?
I don't think Rachel even made appearances outside of the comics. No cartoon appearances, no film/videogame/live action tv appearances as well.

She can be grouped with other characters like Joseph, Maggott and Kwannon, as those two,if I'm not mistaken, haven't appeared outside of the comics.

Last edited:
So yeah
I don't get why Lifedeath wasn't just its own episode, and then mash the Mojo and Sh'iar stuff together
Kinda sucks that a major comic arc for Storm was made into the b plot in two episodes
I actually really liked that they did Lifedeath across essentially four episodes. Means it got more screentime than it otherwise would have, and makes it feel like a season arc vs just a Storm centric episode. Stories like this also run the risk of feeling very rushed, but here the pacing was really nice as a result.

Last edited:
I actually really liked that they did Lifedeath across essentially four episodes. Means it got more screentime than it otherwise would have, and makes it feel like a season arc vs just a Storm centric episode. Stories like this also run the risk of feeling very rushed, but here the pacing was really nice as a result.

Idk, to each their own
Pt 1 felt like a tacked on stinger at the end of Jubilee's episode imo
Pt 2 was better, but it still felt like they breezed through a story that could've been cooking in the background all season, with a big triumphant return for Storm at the end

a lot of storm fans ive seen really dislike it.. interesting seeing another take from a storm fan

Don't view the originally post in the thread as it may lead to a spoiler.

To be fair though, that spoiler is pretty much something people have already been predicting so it's not exactly a huge reveal.

Idk, to each their own
Pt 1 felt like a tacked on stinger at the end of Jubilee's episode imo
Pt 2 was better, but it still felt like they breezed through a story that could've been cooking in the background all season, with a big triumphant return for Storm at the end
Hmm I don't like how both episodes were going back and forth two story arcs. But I can see why they did it.

Semi-OOT, but is Twitter bugging for anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"