X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Could it possible that he wants to use a brainwashed Magneto to kickstart a faux retaliation of Genosha so the war between humans and mutants finally escalates to its cataclysmic degree?

That’s an idea. Or considering how he was shaving Erik, getting his DNA, maybe this is a method of him creating Onslaught with Sinister? All they need now is Xavier.

That's also a good point. It will be interesting to see Xavier and Storm (hopefully) come back next week to realize the gravity of what's actually going down.

Nah I wouldn't want Onslaught to be some creation of Sinister

I'm saying Joseph, but evillllle
lol

Given that Nimrod has been featured plentiful in the intro... the implication is clear.

No, I get that. But Nimrod wasn’t featured in the original animated series’ present timeline--just in the future. I got the implication that Bastion has some secret connection to the X-Men previously; though this may just be alluding to his government history / working alongside Forge

The dialogue is phenomenal. All of it hits as very realistic to what we minorities experience.

probably nothing, but the underground base where Cap was looks questionably like Zola’s lair in Winter Soldier… of course many underground bases would look similar, but the way everything was set up more than brought back those vibes.
View attachment IMG_7080.webp

Increasingly crushing on Roberto.

The part that hit home the most this episode - Roberto’s mom responded basically the exact same way mine did when I came out as bi. “I accept you! But, we have an image to protect.” Seemingly overwhelming support, and then the but comes. I’ve just never seen it put like they did in the show before, the loving parent who can’t see how her second part comes across.

Last edited:
Another cracking episode and my girl Rogue went OFF in this, action wise but also her scene with Nightcrawler hit just as hard in a different way, the girl is on her own rampage now and was great to see. Always glad as well when Cable shows up and adds to the fun, this series is delivering every week at the moment. We "X" fans are eating goood at the moment.:xmen:

Great episode; this series continues to surprise.

Emma’s diamond form revealed—I expect we’ll see more of her in Season 2.

The Prime Sentinels / OZT was a good reveal. It’ll be fun to see how Forge is/was involved, and where Valerie Cooper is…

Also, was Sinister implying that Bastion is a character we know from the original series?
Regarding the big bad...
Bastion is basically Master Mold and Nimrod combined. He lives for a while as a regular man with no memories working odd jobs like construction before waking up and becoming self-aware.

At least that's how I remember it from from those convoluted 1995 and 1996 comics.

He climbs to a position of power in the US government and implements Operation: Zero Tolerance. So as Beau said... things are about to get a whole lot worse.

Damn Rogue got her time to shine and then some. So much emotion in this episode and I felt every minute of it and
that Avengers tease is easily the most exciting thing to happen in a while for me.

X-Men Vs. The Avengers would be HUGE.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, something I wanted to bring up given the very hyperbolic reactions I've seen so far online:

What are your guys' thoughts on Cap's depiction here?

By the way, something I wanted to bring up given the very hyperbolic reactions I've seen so far online:

Very Superman-esque via Frank Miller in a way - "By the book" - but that's accurate to the way he was in the comics at the time. I guess that people are too used to
Chris Evans' Cap.

Truth be told, I wasn't the biggest fan of his characterization in Avengers vs X-Men comics so if the show does end up going that route, I would hope he is not a one-note government stooge more akin to US Agent.

I was also never a fan of how Frank Miller wrote Superman, so there's that too. :whoops:

He is ultimately in 1 scene and its fine. I don't think it's character assassination of worth getting worked up about. It's a cameo and amounts to Cap just being like "Hey Rogue, maybe don't go around smashing things and being in a murderous rage" lol

And he was pretty much chill during that convo, told Rogue all she needed to know and never really got angry at her even after she threw his shield. What I find perplexing is that most folks online are calling him an a-hole over not accepting Rogue's offer (would not be a good idea unless you wanted to cause an international incident).

If AvX ends up happening, say, sometime in season 2, I hope he and the rest of the Avengers aren't portrayed as one-dimensional villains. So far the show has been very good at taking material from the comics and improving upon it, so hopefully they're not portrayed exactly as in that comic run.

Cap is doing his job by the book, I saw nothing wrong with his performance. He was on a fact-finding mission to find Trask and bring him to Justice. Rogue went off book allowing her anger to cloud her judgment in terms of the ramifications that can erupted from the situation.

Steve sees the bigger picture that he's a symbol and if he chooses to run into Mexico guns blazing. It can do more harm than good.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were a lot of Marvel easter eggs this episode, actually. You can also see buildings with Stark Industries and Roxxon logos in the background when the X-Men are fighting Sentinel Trask.

Cap is doing his job by the book, I saw nothing wrong with his performance. He was on a fact-finding mission to find Trask and bring him to Justice. Rogue went off book allowing her anger to cloud her judgment in terms of the ramifications that can erupted from the situation.

Steve sees the bigger picture that he's a symbol and if he chooses to run into Mexico guns blazing. It can do more harm than good.

Yall, Ted talk....TAG SPOILERS!!!! This will be the 1 and ONLY warning I am posting here today. I tagged the above post. I am not doing that for every post. I have done it 5 times already TODAY!!!! You all see the posts in here. The ones you all are quoting are tagged. That should tell you something.

Untagged spoiler get a warning point from here onward. No more warnings.

With the way things are going could we have Magneto be brainwashed by Bastion and get him pulling Wolverine’s Adamantim out and we get a feral Wolverine like in the comics for next season? With Xavier’s return could we get Onslaught by season’s end?! Either way I’m so happy they adapting Operation Zero Tolerance as love the human Sentinels hybrids concept from the comics!!!

Also anyone else noticed the other possible mention of Gambit coming back as Apocalypse's Death in the episode?! When we see Calaveras in the Day of the Dead scene.

@Baggers uh, you might want to tag your spoilers. :whoops:

I'm not fully sure that was meant to be foreshadowing. It's definitely interesting, but my gut tells me that was just meant to show people mourning their loved ones in contrast to Rogue's denial of Gambit's death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"