X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

Sorry I thought I had tagged my text using the spoiler icon?

Sorry I thought I had tagged my text using the spoiler icon?
It didn't appear tagged, hence why I pinged you. Spider-Fan gave out a warning to another user on here earlier who didn't tag spoilers before. :like:

Cap isn't a government stooge by any means based on this one scene. He's going after Gyrich/Trask, but he thinks Rogue going in without any planning is going to blow the investigation. He's being rather reasonable in thinking that. He's not Kelly who just wants to ignore it because of the polls.

Cap isn't a government stooge by any means based on this one scene. He's going after Gyrich/Trask, but he thinks Rogue going in without any planning is going to blow the investigation. He's being rather reasonable in thinking that. He's not Kelly who just wants to ignore it because of the polls.
I....didnt hate the President in that scene. Didnt love it but understood his point.

Either the Tolerance For Extinction three-parter is going to be absolutely bonkers with appearances no one is expecting considering how much DeMayo seems to be teasing, or somewhat of a prelude for, again, a potential adaptation of Avengers vs X-Men in the second season.

Rogue's arc here was amazing. Seeing her grabbing Trask just to let him go... I thought it was awesome. This show is taking risks I never thought they would.

I also love they didn't take so long to reveal Erik is alive. Come on, we all knew, so it was smart of them to not hide it.

The only complain I have is the lack of Storm. Seeing her one episode in, one out... it's been little annoying.

And does anybody know if we'll get the 3 parts finale all next week?

I don't carefor seeing the Avengers in this show.so sigh.

More mutants please.

The dialogue is phenomenal. All of it hits as very realistic to what we minorities experience.

probably nothing, but the underground base where Cap was looks questionably like Zola’s lair in Winter Soldier… of course many underground bases would look similar, but the way everything was set up more than brought back those vibes.
View attachment 88476

Increasingly crushing on Roberto.

The part that hit home the most this episode - Roberto’s mom responded basically the exact same way mine did when I came out as bi. “I accept you! But, we have an image to protect.” Seemingly overwhelming support, and then the but comes. I’ve just never seen it put like they did in the show before, the loving parent who can’t see how her second part comes across.
Yeah, everything about Roberto's arc here was super gay. And to think there are people who are still going to say the X-Men isn't gay.

Anyway... speaking of gays, I really have hope to see Bobby by the end of the season, and hopefully see him joining the team next year.

Emma Frost getting out of wreckage, crystallized, ready for the runaway.

tumblr_p3i9xgIxQH1vfnk4to6_r1_250.gif

She works well under pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
More Hank, please. :bst:

And more comments like the ones he expressed to Trish. If anyone should feel this way, it's him.

Nightcrawler's eulogy was beautiful.

Roberto's scene with his mother was pretty much a coming out scene. It was a little too familiar. :teardrop:
I feel like we have never seen Beast even fight well.

Rogue's arc here was amazing. Seeing her grabbing Trask just to let him go... I thought it was awesome. This show is taking risks I never thought they would.

I also love they didn't take so long to reveal Erik is alive. Come on, we all knew, so it was smart of them to not hide it.

The only complain I have is the lack of Storm. Seeing her one episode in, one out... it's been little annoying.

And does anybody know if we'll get the 3 parts finale all next week?
I gotta say I do wonder how the director, Chase Conley, handles everything next week.

So far he directed episode 2 (which was my favorite until episodes 5 and 7)
However, the other episodes he's directed were 4 and 6. Probably the least liked episodes of the season so far. And I like those episodes, but there has been a dip. I wonder if he was just unfortunately dealt the tough hand splitting Life Death in two different episodes instead of one. I thought episode 6 worked better, but man the jump in overall quality this week. wow.

He's got episode 8 AND the season finale coming up.

Emi Yonemura has directed episode 3, 5, 7 (three absolute bangers). And the visuals/action just seems at another level. Emi gets the penultimate episode and I just know its going to be incredible.

I hope episode 8 is more movement in the plot and not just more separate stories going on. Cause he did do great with episode 2 imo.

This show is making me really hype about Marvel Animation. Hopefully everything they've been cooking will be at this level. To be honest, I'm not too impressed by What If...?

I've thinking about Freshmen Year. I hope they'll deliever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"