X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

And he was pretty much chill during that convo, told Rogue all she needed to know and never really got angry at her even after she threw his shield. What I find perplexing is that most folks online are calling him an a-hole over not accepting Rogue's offer (would not be a good idea unless you wanted to cause an international incident).

If AvX ends up happening, say, sometime in season 2, I hope he and the rest of the Avengers aren't portrayed as one-dimensional villains. So far the show has been very good at taking material from the comics and improving upon it, so hopefully they're not portrayed exactly as in that comic run.

One thing to keep in mind, the original mini series from 87, had the X-men fighting the Avengers over Magneto, and the Avengers wanting to take him back to the UN. Frankly, if the Avengers line up isn't Cap + Force Works + Carol, I would be disappointed.

I question how people can be big fans of a series and yet not actually pay attention to any of it.

I mean, a lot of the original subtext was really just a man working in his kinks. All respect to Claremont, but I am confident he would not have done the story of Nightcrawler's parentage as well as Spurrier was able to tell it.

There is also a big bit of how the X-men metaphor is told through a white person's interpretation. The Xavier=MLK and Magneto=Malcom X is divorced from the reality of those two men.

Is it just me, or does it

feel like the seeds of Avengers vs X-Men are kind of being sown here for season 2? Rogue's scene with Cap felt very like when Scott tore down Cap for not helping with mutant rights, and Scott seems to be going dark. Maybe Dark Phoenix Cyclops seeds being sown?

I really want this to lead to a proper 90s TAS Avengers series!

We must first know if Iron Man TAS is the same Iron Man seen in Spiderman TAS.
Spiderman / X-men TAS = same universe. But all the rest (IronMan, Hulk, F4 TAS) remain unknown. Scarlet Witch in IronMan is different from X-men. F4 are different in Spiderman TAS

What if season 1 was pretty fire, imo, but season 2 was definitely a let down
Enough Captain Carter, give us more novel concepts... 1602 especially felt like a big waste of the source material

I honestly don't have any anticipation for Freshman Year or Marvel Zombies. But more of this universe? Yes please

I agree on Freshman Year, who needs more high school spidey?
But I'm a little hyped for Zombies, mostly because Iman Vellani should be in everything Marvel related

What if season 1 was pretty fire, imo, but season 2 was definitely a let down
Enough Captain Carter, give us more novel concepts... 1602 especially felt like a big waste of the source material

I agree on Freshman Year, who needs more high school spidey?
But I'm a little hyped for Zombies, mostly because Iman Vellani should be in everything Marvel related
Eh, Marvel Zombies was not a series I ever cared about. Plus the What If episode was meh to me.

I hear ya, Marvel Zombies (the comic) wasn't my thing either
but the composition of the team involved in the new show sounds pretty fun, so I'll def give it a shot

This show is making me really hype about Marvel Animation. Hopefully everything they've been cooking will be at this level. To be honest, I'm not too impressed by What If...?

I've thinking about Freshmen Year. I hope they'll deliever.
I didn't bother watching What If? I don't usually like that animation style. I do love this style and more hand drawn less computer relied ones.

This show is making me really hype about Marvel Animation. Hopefully everything they've been cooking will be at this level. To be honest, I'm not too impressed by What If...?

I've thinking about Freshmen Year. I hope they'll deliever.
Hopefully after they see the reception to this show they’ll do what they can to shoot for this quality going forward rather than treating animation like a disposable part of their operations.

Im sold on this series and can't wait for the finale. Gonna buy all the figures now. Waiting for a XMen 97 Storm figure in that classic costume.

I didn't expect Bastion to be one of the main bad guys of the show so that was a surprise to me. I also love that Emma Frost got her diamond form exactly like the comics

Last edited:
I love seeing interactions between great villains. The paths of Bastion, Trask, Sinister, Gyrich, Mags etc all crossing is super-fun to me.

Rogue and the X-Men watching Trask:
a49356e2dc58ef1fe6e0304e75832549.gif

Due to his past association with Bastion, going by that one picture that we got a quick glimpse of in “LifeDeath, Part 1” I’d wager Forge is going to be very vital in knowing Bastion’s plans and how he thinks and will play a tremendous part in helping the X-Men take him down. As this episode has shown, brute force alone obviously isn’t going to do anything. Bastion is definitely gearing up for using Xavier still being alive to further turn public opinion against the Mutants for lying to everyone, so maybe the X-Men taking a page out of his playbook and turning his own plan against him by revealing him and who he really is to the rest of the world will be key in bringing him down.

And, if the whole “Val Cooper is Mystique” theory plays out, which, with her mysterious and very convenient disappearance after Genosha’s decimation, is looking more and more likely, she’ll probably be able to help out. In that same picture I mentioned earlier, we also saw Mystique’s “Dr. Adler” persona, who, among other things, helped out Apocalypse for a time.

Still mad about that one rotten review on rotten tomatoes haha. Otherwise the series would be at 100%

So, this explains why Lenore Zann’s performances of Rogue breaking down crying in both episode five and this week’s episode felt so uncomfortably raw and real:

Quick question... If Rogue didn't want to commit to Gambit because of her powers and there exists a collar that can neutralize mutant abilities, why couldn't Hank modify the collar for Rogue to use?

Still mad about that one rotten review on rotten tomatoes haha. Otherwise the series would be at 100%
Not everything needs to be perfect. Fans enjoy it.

I do wish certain YouTube channels would acknowledge its doing well. I even watched Film Threat because Comicbookgirl19 was there. Seemed like she was unwilling to admit how much she liked it cause it's an anti-woke/grift channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"