X-Men ‘97 X-Men ‘97 News and Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS!!!!)

That's clearly a pre-Civil War Cap. Post-Civil War Cap would have went with Rogue. Feige just needs to pull the trigger and make an animated universe set in the same one as X-Men Give us a 13 episode Civil War series where they can use all the characters they want. Give us an Avengers show set in this universe. Give me some cosmic Marvel series in this universe.

Still mad about that one rotten review on rotten tomatoes haha. Otherwise the series would be at 100%

and the person didn't even hate it

Since I don't share your timeline -- or the show's, since I wasn't introduced to the X-Men universe until the live-action X-Men (2000) -- what struck me the most about the new show is the quality of the writing. Beau DeMayo wrote the first two episodes; his experience writing The Witcher and, especially, a couple episodes of Strange New Worlds shows his comfort with easing smart social and cultural observations into the mouths of his characters.

That raises the show a cut above the expected. The third episode delves into areas I was happy to see the show explore, perhaps tapping into the deep well of stories that bubble forth from the X-Men universe. I'm not a comic book archeologist, so if you are, that may be another reason to check out the series.

Quick question... If Rogue didn't want to commit to Gambit because of her powers and there exists a collar that can neutralize mutant abilities, why couldn't Hank modify the collar for Rogue to use?
Probably wanted to be able to do it on her own terms and without resorting to a cheat like the collars. Most likely why she gravitated towards Magneto, since it gave her the opportunity to be able to “touch” someone without worrying about her powers harming them.

Also, I imagine what the collars represent for her and all of the other mutants and how they were used on them in Genosha in the original series, namely, to subjugate and enslave their kind, is probably the biggest no-no.

When the season started, I was wondering if Lenore Zann had aged out of the role and whether it was working or not, but man, I was wrong. She's killing it, especially in this newest episode; it's the best work she's ever done with Rogue. There's such honesty and genuine hurt to her performance, and no wonder, knowing what she's revealed about her circumstances around the time they were recording. Her voice is beyond nostalgic to me, and it's a joy to get to hear her deliver like this.

It was another great episode.

Morph is essentially getting somewhere near Omega with this upgrade right? If he can turn into any mutant and take on their powers....it kind of begs the question why they dont have him doing more.

I think the weakest link is Sunspot...sorry but his storyline in the middle of this is just taking up space that I want dedicated towards others.

Emma is a diamond baby! Nice to see it though....I wish the reveal was more dramatic. Have Jean still sense her but have Emma break out of the rubble herself.

Rogue's revenge....has been done great. Loved every second of it. The fact that Jean/Scott just stood there as she dropped him to his death...spoke A LOT OF WORDS.

I need Storm to rejoin the team ASAP, we need some weather up in this b.

The big fight scene at the end was fun, though yeah....we need more info on Morph and their limitations.

I've seen a lot of people mad at Captain Americas depiction but idk....I dont see him just going along for the ride and potentially starting a WW3 with the US caught in the middle. He'd try to do it more stealthily.

313c0a0e77cafffbd9920b501cace8fb2d422ec7.gifv

So good

Last edited by a moderator:
When the season started, I was wondering if Lenore Zann had aged out of the role and whether it was working or not, but man, I was wrong. She's killing it, especially in this newest episode; it's the best work she's ever done with Rogue. There's such honesty and genuine hurt to her performance, and no wonder, knowing what she's revealed about her circumstances around the time they were recording. Her voice is beyond nostalgic to me, and it's a joy to get to hear her deliver like this.
Couldn't agree more. Honestly, Dodd is the only voice that sticks out to me, and even that is only on occasion. Everyone sounds fantastic.

That's clearly a pre-Civil War Cap. Post-Civil War Cap would have went with Rogue. Feige just needs to pull the trigger and make an animated universe set in the same one as X-Men Give us a 13 episode Civil War series where they can use all the characters they want. Give us an Avengers show set in this universe. Give me some cosmic Marvel series in this universe.
Yea this is the kinda content we want. Its also much easier to get done than in live action. Hope Feige sees what he has.

According to scooper DanielRPK, Marvel is very happy with X-Men 97, wants to do as many seasons as possible, and have one season following the other so there won't be long waits between them.

I don't know if this is reliable but I sure hope it's true.

And I'm still going to say and hope they have spin-offs in their plans.

According to scooper DanielRPK, Marvel is very happy with X-Men 97, wants to do as many seasons as possible, and have one season following the other so there won't be long waits between them.

Seasons following the other, like in the 70s,80s,90s when cartoons didn't seem to have seasons and came on weekly? I am not sure how possible that is in todays world, but depending on the break I would love for it to be consistent.

I rewatched 'Bright Eyes' again today for the third rewatch...

Jesus it's so good to see Rogue be the force to be reckoned with that she is. I prayed for days like this.

But that part where she dropped Trask's ass was darkly funny because Jean, Wolverine and the rest of the team besides Morph was like:

get-him-mimi-faust.gif

And Nightcrawler was right there, if he was so heroic he could've just bamf'ed and saved Trask when Rogue dropped him. LOL.

Just as long as they remember that this series is about the X-Men for X-Men fans and don't let the execs meddle too much since the show is becoming huge, then I'm all in for spinoffs. But again, just keep the writing solid and the integrity intact for '97.

Seasons following the other, like in the 70s,80s,90s when cartoons didn't seem to have seasons and came on weekly? I am not sure how possible that is in todays world, but depending on the break I would love for it to be consistent.

Generally speaking, you have your initial episode order, which is usually split into 2 seasons. And generally, during the first season, you get the full order for the full series. That seemed to be how the Dreamworks/Netflix deals worked out. Its best to think of it as episode orders, rather than season renewals. And is kind of the reason why you can see if an animated show is cancelled or not before the actual announcement.

I rewatched 'Bright Eyes' again today for the third rewatch...

Jesus it's so good to see Rogue be the force to be reckoned with that she is. I prayed for days like this.

But that part where she dropped Trask's ass was darkly funny because Jean, Wolverine and the rest of the team besides Morph was like:

View attachment 88623

And Nightcrawler was right there, if he was so heroic he could've just bamf'ed and saved Trask when Rogue dropped him. LOL.

Just as long as they remember that this series is about the X-Men for X-Men fans and don't let the execs meddle too much since the show is becoming huge, then I'm all in for spinoffs. But again, just keep the writing solid and the integrity intact for '97.
Absolutely. The idea of New Mutants, X-Factor and X-Force done with this level of quality and care would be a dream for me. I mean, Roberto, Forge and Cable are already there. :eheh:

Give Dani Moonstar some love, Feige.

And yeah, keep making the X-Men about the X-Men. And regardless of the show having or not spin-offs, I hope they keep the freedom to do whatever they want and keep taking risks. <3

It really should be Gen X, not New Mutants, though. I mean, X-Force is the new mutants, generally at this time

It really should be Gen X, not New Mutants, though. I mean, X-Force is the new mutants, generally at this time
They're mixing everything, actually. It's 97 but they're digging into 80s stories too and mixing with the 90s.

It makes sense what you're saying. Hopefully and ideally there could be room for both. But I'd take NM over GX. I find them more appealing.

And yeah, while we could have Rahne of X-Factor, then Beto and Sam on X-Force, I'm not gonna lie, I want Dani and Illyana to get some love. And I don't remember them on any other team during that time.

They're mixing everything, actually. It's 97 but they're digging into 80s stories too and mixing with the 90s.

It makes sense what you're saying. Hopefully and ideally there could be room for both. But I'd take NM over GX. I find them more appealing.

And yeah, while we could have Rahne of X-Factor, then Beto and Sam on X-Force, I'm not gonna lie, I want Dani and Illyana to get some love. And I don't remember them on any other team during that time.

Well, Illyana was de-aged in Inferno, and then died of the Legacy Virus. Dani left to help the Valkries before X-force, and then kind of joined the MLF, though she did join X-force later.

Am I the only one who only wants just 3 seasons?

Comicgirl19 on YouTube, did make a good point that if they burn through too much material it will be end up like the end of Game of Thrones.

I thought the whole reason they were burning through stories so quickly because it was just clearly defined 3 season thing.

Comicgirl19 on YouTube, did make a good point that if they burn through too much material it will be end up like the end of Game of Thrones.

I thought the whole reason they were burning through stories so quickly because it was just clearly defined 3 season thing.
Rogue becomes the next Hitler and tries to kill all mutants with dragons?

I am all for as many seasons and 90s era shows as they can deliver as long as the quality remains strong. If that means ending at 3, cool. If they can keep this show strong for like 6 or 7 seasons, then do it. I am not married to a specific season count.

there’s 60 years of stories…

I am quickly finding around 52 episodes is a good amount for a half hour cartoon. Trust me, just based on Voltron, you can run a VERY good thing into the ground.
As someone who used to like that show, yeah. The quality deteriorating was very much apparent when they rushed production on the last few seasons.

The trick is they need to keep the consistency going. It’s easy to write 13 episodes because it forces you to do tight interconnecting stories. Unfortunately if you get a higher series count say 22 episodes. Then you open yourself up to filler episodes and possibly more bad storylines than usual.

I want 3 seasons also. 3 banger seasons. I’ve sadly just grown too jaded and watched too many great shows just get run into the ground by overstaying their welcome. Heck the OG Xmen series suffered from that as well. Go out while youre on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"