Xenforo Help Thread

Also, might be a bug... I don't mind the sidebar, but I'm not a fan of it following me down the page so I turned OFF "Enable Sticky Sidebar" assuming that would keep stuff in the sidebar at the top and not follow me down... it still follows me down... whether that toggle is on or off.

(edit: okay - it seems sometimes it follows me down... sometimes it doesn't... like it doesn't follow me down when I'm on my watched threads page or even within a forum... but when I'm within a thread - then it seems to still follow me down... not sure about the consistency... I'll try to keep an eye on it - but it's annoying)

Last edited:
About this new changes on the layout. Not a fan.
I rather have the other blue and red skin. This one is full with patches of this dark blue which isn't good. It's too dark and it feels weird. I wonder if i can get the other skin back?

About this new changes on the layout. Not a fan.
I rather have the other blue and red skin. This one is full with patches of this dark blue which isn't good. It's too dark and it feels weird. I wonder if i can get the other skin back?
I haven't asked but I was able to request a skin that's sligtly more tolerable.

There are so many problems with this skin in just contrast colors alone.

"Mark all forums read" does not work anymore (it does work, but all the bubble icons are red as if there were new messages), the width is either way too wide or too narrow, there is at least one forum where "mark all forums read" never came up in the first place (that would be multiplatform games).

(it does work, but all the bubble icons are red as if there were new messages),

I think the difference is the dark red with 2 bubbles means unread.

The single red bubble means it's read. Maybe it can be made black or light grey or something.

upload_2019-1-18_13-7-34.png

It's confusing but something to get used to I guess.

Can't we go back to the previous version? Please.
This one sucks. I'm sorry to say but this one is just a mess.

not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here...

Since the recent site layout update the top banner seems to have also changed. There used to be a link to the main SHH web site.
I found it very handy to have there. Any chance of putting it back?
Pretty please and all that? :cwink:

A thing I noticed…

On each page, there’s a list of main menu options. And one of these (the most popular?) is usually highlighted - and a sub-menu of options is displayed underneath. Very handy! And if you want one of the other (less popular?) main options, they’re available as pull-down lists. So far, so good.

Except…

When you scroll down, the displayed sub-menu options disappear. Thus, the “handy” highlighted main menu option is effectively inoperative. (Meanwhile, the less popular pull-down lists still work.) Of course, you can scroll back up to re-display the sub-menu. Or, you can click on the highlighted button - which just reloads the page (and is essentially the same as scrolling up).

Might I suggest that the sub-menu list be “anchored” (like the main menu list) so that it doesn’t disappear when you scroll down. Otherwise, having a pull-down list for every option (which is always visible and always operative) strikes me as the better design.

:toth

So now my sidebar is covering the screen in mobile mode now.

When viewing on mobile, I’ve lost my little icon in the top right header that indicates the number of notifications I have (when I have them, I.e. when someone likes a post of mine or quotes a post of mine). It’s still there on desktop, but (as I said) appears to be gone from mobile

When viewing on mobile, I’ve lost my little icon in the top right header that indicates the number of notifications I have (when I have them, I.e. when someone likes a post of mine or quotes a post of mine). It’s still there on desktop, but (as I said) appears to be gone from mobile
Yep, me too.

I had no problem with the icons to bring up your sidebar. I wonder who though bringing the desktop one was a good idea.

Where are all the DC and Marvel TV series gone? The entire section for all the CW series and Marvel TV series have completely disappeared.

Where are all the DC and Marvel TV series gone? The entire section for all the CW series and Marvel TV series have completely disappeared.
There was an announcement the other day in the Community forum indicating that they were going to cleanup the tv forums a bit/do a bit of reorganizing: TV Forum Reorganization

DC Comics TV forum (with subsections for Arrow, Gotham, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman, Supergirl and The Flash): DC Comics TV
Marvel TV forum (with all of it's subsections): Marvel TV | The SuperHeroHype Forums

There was an announcement the other day in the Community forum indicating that they were going to cleanup the tv forums a bit/do a bit of reorganizing: TV Forum Reorganization

DC Comics TV forum (with subsections for Arrow, Gotham, Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman, Supergirl and The Flash): DC Comics TV
Marvel TV forum (with all of it's subsections): Marvel TV | The SuperHeroHype Forums

But where is this on the Forum index? You can't to these. The DC Comics TV forum doesn't even appear there. I see the Marvel TV forum but not the DC one.

That's weird, I see them when I look on the main page of the forum

TVForum.JPG

As well as on the Quick Links list:
TVForums-QuickLinks.JPG

That's weird, I see them when I look on the main page of the forum

View attachment 24257

As well as on the Quick Links list:
View attachment 24259

It doesn't look like that for me. It says under that section "Marvel TV", "The Mandalorian" etc. No sign of "DC TV" whatsoever. You look like you're using the xenforo skin though. I'm using that other skin that has a different layout which is more similar to the old forum, which I think a lot of people were using as well.

It doesn't look like that for me. It says under that section "Marvel TV", "The Mandalorian" etc. No sign of "DC TV" whatsoever.
Hmmm... have you tried clearing out your cache or anything?

Hmmm... have you tried clearing out your cache or anything?

But it seems to appear to be missing for others too. Kelly said she couldn't see it either in the Supergirl forum. I'm guessing anyone using the other old classic skin can't see it.

So if you click Marvel TV or DC Comics TV you should be able to see the sub forums (also DC Comics TV has threads inside it, it's not just a category)

The basic Xenforo theme didn't have subforums displayed right so I switched that setting:
now it should look like this:
upload_2019-4-30_11-2-6.png

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to see DC at all though? Permissions look fine.

FWIW I think the current default theme like Silvermoon's screenshots look is working pretty well now. Might be worth giving it another try.
Still has a few niggles but nothing too bad.

And one other thing. Subforums are not displayed on mobile. So if you tap DC Comics TV you'll see all the subforums listed.

It works the same way for the "heroes" boards. For example you tap Captain Marvel, and then the 3 subboards are listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"