''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Ravenna

Civilian
Reaction score
this is a thread where we discuss Arya and all things related to her :woot:

tumblr_n7jez2k5y41ty1c69o7_250.gif

Started so sweet and now starting to get very dark. Will be very intrigued to find out her story ends.

Last edited:
qZFLp1k.jpg

I hope the very best for Maisie Williams in her career, i can definitely see Arya Stark as one of the ever lasting fan favorites of the show after the story is done. Unlike the books, we grow with Arya Stark and by the time the story ends, she will be about 22 years old? Assuming she survives till the end, which i highly suspect.

Started so sweet and now starting to get very dark. Will be very intrigued to find out her story ends.

''Ah, Arya. You have a wildness in you, child. The ‘Wolf Blood', my father used to call it. Lyanna had a touch of it, and my brother Brandon more than a touch. It brought them both to an early grave.''

personally I think this quote is foreshadowing

Unlike the books, we grow with Arya Stark and by the time the story ends, she will be about 22 years old? Assuming she survives till the end, which i highly suspect.

Does she not grow up the same amount in the books? Since the show takes 4 years for 4 seasons, and you notice it most with the child actors, its hard to think of another timeline.

Last edited:
Nah, she's 11 in the books and the story has only taken 2 years.

Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, etc they're also a lot younger. Martin wanted to keep it real history style, since real history had 14 year old kings and whatnot.

Arya-Stark-game-of-thrones-17904136-500-281.jpeg

KILL LIST

1) Stable Boy - stabbed by Needle's "pointy end" - Episode 8
2) The Tickler - neck-snapped via Jaqen's Debt #1 - Episode 15
3) Ser Amory Lorch - hit by dart (laced with Wolfsbane) to the neck via Jaqen's Debt #2 - Episode 16
4) Frey soldier who sewed Greywind's head on to Robb's body - shanked to death with knife - Episode 30
5) Lannister soldier - sword driven into him - Episode 31
6) Polliver - Needle driven into his throat - Episode 31
7) Rorge - stabbed at the heart with Needle - Episode 37

''Ah, Arya. You have a wildness in you, child. The ‘Wolf Blood', my father used to call it. Lyanna had a touch of it, and my brother Brandon more than a touch. It brought them both to an early grave.''

Hope not the same fate :csad:

Don't do this :waa:

Are there more Ned and Jon interactions with Arya in the books? Or Arya with Bran, Catelyn, Robb, etc?

Hopefully we can get Arya's fist pumping awesome chapters in Dance already next season.

Loved that intro to Arya, Kane. Nice. :awesome:

Also, Arya's vines (short videos on vine network) ... are crazy - check them out :funny:

Arya is my favorite, she's such a strong character.

Everyone loves Arya. She's had a great character arc over the seasons. She's gone from a kid to someone even the Hound didn't want to mess with lightly.

So by the end of S4 there's what? A dozen people who know she's alive? That's not too shabby.

A question for the book-readers here: does the book offer a more compelling reason as to why Arya and Sandor turn back from the Eyrie once they find out Lyssa is dead? Purely from the TV show's perspective, it seems that the writers prevented a reunion between Arya and Sansa for no particularly good reason, but I'm sure there was a more complete thought process in the book itself.

Don't do this :waa:

Are there more Ned and Jon interactions with Arya in the books? Or Arya with Bran, Catelyn, Robb, etc?

I just finished the first book two nights ago. From what I remember of Season 1, it follows the book very, very well. I think some of the Dothraki stuff was cut from the show. They go to a certain city and I don't recall those exact scenes in Season 1. I think they might have bumped them to the next season after Drogo died. I'll have to rewatch the show again.

A question for the book-readers here: does the book offer a more compelling reason as to why Arya and Sandor turn back from the Eyrie once they find out Lyssa is dead? Purely from the TV show's perspective, it seems that the writers prevented a reunion between Arya and Sansa for no particularly good reason, but I'm sure there was a more complete thought process in the book itself.

As I recall, she never gets that close to the Eyrie. The Hound is injured and grows ill far beyond they ever reach the Vale. So, the show made it a closer reunion, but then did not offer a strong reason why they did not just get past the gate if they were not admitted through.

I'd assume that she never went through the gate as the only thing she could trust was family and as far as she knew her entire family was dead or being held by the enemy by that point. So rather than go in and possibly get captured and ransomed to the Lannisters they just said '**** it' and left.

What really doesn't make sense in that scene is why would the Bloody Gate guards just let them leave after Arya flat-out tells them who she is.

They might have assumed that she was crazy or it was a con job since she started laughing when they told her. Look at it this way, they see some girl come up to the gate and say she's related to the ruling family and when she's told that the ruler is dead she just laughs and goes to leave. Would you bother chasing after someone like that?

They never even go to the Eyrie in the books. Remember the inn fight in episode one? Yeah, the Hound sustains heavy injuries there and refuses to let Arya treat him, so she leaves him to die. Pretty much everything this season (including meeting Brienne) with the pair has been stuff made up by the writers.

I just finished the first book two nights ago. From what I remember of Season 1, it follows the book very, very well. I think some of the Dothraki stuff was cut from the show. They go to a certain city and I don't recall those exact scenes in Season 1. I think they might have bumped them to the next season after Drogo died. I'll have to rewatch the show again.

Were there any conversations between Arya and anyone else in the book, no matter how trivial? I remember there being one more Jon and Arya conversation where they're talking about something. I'm not sure, though, what they were talking about.

They might have assumed that she was crazy or it was a con job since she started laughing when they told her. Look at it this way, they see some girl come up to the gate and say she's related to the ruling family and when she's told that the ruler is dead she just laughs and goes to leave. Would you bother chasing after someone like that?

Yeah, point taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"