''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

Actually, since her and Sansa have always been at odds with eachother, I am hoping that Arya will start to train Sansa, and hopefully they will bond over that.
And who knows, maybe Gendry will come back and Sansa will see that Arya has a fondness for him, so she can return the favor by helping Arya be more lady like and try to win his heart.

I'd actually argue that individual probably doesn't need to see Arya act as a "lady" to be attracted to her if they wanted to suggest a romance there. It would kind of go against her nature to do so. If anything, I kind of suspect that Arya would be the pursuer in that hypothetical scenario, if we account for his awkwardness towards her upon realizing her status.

there aren't many people on this show who haven't murdered someone lol

There's lots of characters who haven't murdered someone (in the show) if one really stops and thinks it through: Shireen, Kinvara, Talisa, Robin, Quaithe, Myrcella, Tommen, practically all the maesters, most of the servants, etc. etc. fifty names or more.

Last edited:
And I guess a fair number of the kills aren't really murders if they happen in wars or in defence.

This will sound horrible but... Why? Literally they shared like, what... One? Two scenes together from season one? Yeah, he gave her Needle. Yeah they hugged mightily. But let's not pretend it was this deep brother/sister relationship we witnessed.

I thought they established that they were the closest of all the siblings when Jon went out of his way to make her a sword, and the way she hugged him back.

Also a fair part of the relationship between various Starks is implied as all of them only get a few scenes together before being separated.

I've been taking a closer look at Arya's new weapon, the mysterious Valyrian steel dagger used by the catspaw assassin against Bran back in Season One.

bI7htL.gif

I don't believe that this is the same blade which Littlefinger put to Ned Stark's throat as that one seems to be a more straight knife and he evidently got the Valyrian blade back from Ned's office after his arrest.

LittlefingerNedStark.jpg

Ser Rodrik said that it had a dragonbone handle. Here's a prop replica:

review_catspaw_1.jpg

In the Season 7 opener, an illustration of this dagger was shown in the Citadel library book about dragonglass. Before turning the page to the map of Dragonstone, Sam lingered on this page:

Game-of-Thrones-Dagger-in-Sams-Book.jpg

The text on that page reads as follows:

"The Valyrians were familiar with dragonglass long before they came to Westeros. They called it "z?rtys perzys" which translated to “frozen fire” in Valyrian and eastern tales tell of how their dragons would thaw the stone with dragonflame until it became molten and malleable. The Valyrians then used it to build their strange monuments and building without seams and joints of our modern castles.

"When Aegon the conqueror forged his Seven Kingdoms, he and his descendants would often decorate their blades with dragonglass feeling a kinship with the stone. The royal fashion for dragonglass ornamentation soon spread throughout the Seven Kingdoms to those wealthy enough to affod it. Hilts and pommels were and are the most common decoration for dragonglass if too brittle to make a useful crossguard. Indeed, its very brittleness is what relegate it to the great houses and the most successful merchants."

The drawing is labeled figure "21" but there is no reference specifically to this dagger or its illustration in the text on that page.

So is the handle actually dragonbone, or is it dragonglass melted down and poured into a handle mold or around a core? The main gem looks like a ruby, but the two or three smaller round gems are black and may be obsidian/dragonglass.

They made a point of showing it to us in the book, and Arya has it for some special reason. She doesn't need it to kill people as her own weapons and arts are sufficient for that.

SPECULATION:
A Valyrian blade like this can puncture the breastplate of the Mountain should Arya wish to leap on him (just as she did Meryn Trant) and stab him in the heart, and/or she is meant to fight the White Walkers with it. Would a weapon made of Valyrian Steel and dragonglass be twice as potent against a White Walker? Could this then be the bane of the Night King?
Save
Save

Last edited:
Also a fair part of the relationship between various Starks is implied as all of them only get a few scenes together before being separated.

Exactly. there was only 1 episode in which they were all together. But it left a strong impression. Like we felt their closeness when they spoke of it. Maybe it helps with regard to the novels, but for me I felt Jon/Arya were like the same person. That's how close.

Arya carrying around a gift from Jon through most of the series and very specifically retreiving it from people who take it acted as a reminder of how their bond in particular.

I'd actually argue that individual probably doesn't need to see Arya act as a "lady" to be attracted to her if they wanted to suggest a romance there. It would kind of go against her nature to do so. If anything, I kind of suspect that Arya would be the pursuer in that hypothetical scenario, if we account for his awkwardness towards her upon realizing her status.

I agree, he wouldn't care what she looked like, he already had a fondness for her because of her spirit. It's just, you know girls. For some reason, I keep feeling like there might be a gathering/party/feast, whatever, and she wants to try and impress him, and so we might get a moment of Arya similar to Hermione's at the Yule Ball, or Sandy at the end of Grease, and it could be cute to see Sansa be the one to help. Game of Thrones has shown that events and time make people change. Arya was once this cute little girl, but now has turned into a cold blooded assassin, and her going home might be what saves whatever humanity she has left. Sandor Clegane started out as a protector of King Joffery, to being a man who only thinks of himself, to now willing to face fire to fight for a greater cause. People change, and sometimes, people just want to experiment a little, so I see no harm done if Arya wants to look pretty for someone for one night.

I agree, he wouldn't care what she looked like, he already had a fondness for her because of her spirit. It's just, you know girls. For some reason, I keep feeling like there might be a gathering/party/feast, whatever, and she wants to try and impress him, and so we might get a moment of Arya similar to Hermione's at the Yule Ball, or Sandy at the end of Grease, and it could be cute to see Sansa be the one to help. Game of Thrones has shown that events and time make people change. Arya was once this cute little girl, but now has turned into a cold blooded assassin, and her going home might be what saves whatever humanity she has left. Sandor Clegane started out as a protector of King Joffery, to being a man who only thinks of himself, to now willing to face fire to fight for a greater cause. People change, and sometimes, people just want to experiment a little, so I see no harm done if Arya wants to look pretty for someone for one night.
"Prettying up" feels totally fine. I don't think she'd act different, but I can see her going for a visual attack strategy.:woot:

Though, now I'd want to see that particular possible suitor forced through a Snow Eye for the Bastard Guy thing with Jon:

"You've got to work on your brooding game."

"My what?"

"Your brooding game. It's the secret ingredient to my patented 'Snow Smolder.' You've got to look like someone just killed your dog, not just once, but everyday for your whole life. You've got to find the most dramatic cliff to stand on, stare off into the distance, and ponder the futility of your existence alongside your dedication to fighting the good fight in spite of all the pain and sufferin' you know will inevitably envelope you."

"...I don't if I'm ready for this."

"Too bad. I'm already leery of letting you court my sister. I'm not letting you disappoint her."

"Prettying up" feels totally fine. I don't think she'd act different, but I can see her going for a visual attack strategy.:woot:

Though, now I'd want to see that particular possible suitor forced through a Snow Eye for the Bastard Guy thing with Jon:

"You've got to work on your brooding game."

"My what?"

"Your brooding game. It's the secret ingredient to my patented 'Snow Smolder.' You've got to look like someone just killed your dog, not just once, but everyday for your whole life. You've got to find the most dramatic cliff to stand on, stare off into the distance, and ponder the futility of your existence alongside your dedication to fighting the good fight in spite of all the pain and sufferin' you know will inevitably envelope you."

"...I don't if I'm ready for this."

"Too bad. I'm already leery of letting you court my sister. I'm not letting you disappoint her."

Heh, and if Sir Davos is still with Jon, now that will be a pretty interesting story. Will Davos spill the beans on how stupid teenage boys can be, or will he be silent about it?

I've been taking a closer look at Arya's new weapon, the mysterious Valyrian steel dagger used by the catspaw assassin against Bran back in Season One.

bI7htL.gif

I don't believe that this is the same blade which Littlefinger put to Ned Stark's throat as that one seems to be a more straight knife and he evidently got the Valyrian blade back from Ned's office after his arrest.

LittlefingerNedStark.jpg

Ser Rodrik said that it had a dragonbone handle. Here's a prop replica:

review_catspaw_1.jpg

In the Season 7 opener, an illustration of this dagger was shown in the Citadel library book about dragonglass. Before turning the page to the map of Dragonstone, Sam lingered on this page:

Game-of-Thrones-Dagger-in-Sams-Book.jpg

The text on that page reads as follows:

"The Valyrians were familiar with dragonglass long before they came to Westeros. They called it "z?rtys perzys" which translated to “frozen fire” in Valyrian and eastern tales tell of how their dragons would thaw the stone with dragonflame until it became molten and malleable. The Valyrians then used it to build their strange monuments and building without seams and joints of our modern castles.

"When Aegon the conqueror forged his Seven Kingdoms, he and his descendants would often decorate their blades with dragonglass feeling a kinship with the stone. The royal fashion for dragonglass ornamentation soon spread throughout the Seven Kingdoms to those wealthy enough to affod it. Hilts and pommels were and are the most common decoration for dragonglass if too brittle to make a useful crossguard. Indeed, its very brittleness is what relegate it to the great houses and the most successful merchants."

The drawing is labeled figure "21" but there is no reference specifically to this dagger or its illustration in the text on that page.

So is the handle actually dragonbone, or is it dragonglass melted down and poured into a handle mold or around a core? The main gem looks like a ruby, but the two or three smaller round gems are black and may be obsidian/dragonglass.

They made a point of showing it to us in the book, and Arya has it for some special reason. She doesn't need it to kill people as her own weapons and arts are sufficient for that.

SPECULATION:
A Valyrian blade like this can puncture the breastplate of the Mountain should Arya wish to leap on him (just as she did Meryn Trant) and stab him in the heart, and/or she is meant to fight the White Walkers with it. Would a weapon made of Valyrian Steel and dragonglass be twice as potent against a White Walker? Could this then be the bane of the Night King?
Save
Save

The events are a bit shady to me, but you think Bran can touch an object and immediately find out it's history, such as Littlefinger holding the dagger against Ned's neck, and this is what spurred Bran into saying "Chaos is a ladder!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"