''You have a wildness in you, child.'' - the Arya thread

The showrunners confirmed Syrio is dead and not coming back. Maise made a comment to the press that she hoped Syrio would one day return to the show, and the showrunners later released a statement confirming he was dead.

Well of course Syrio (the real Syrio) is dead. That's how you become a faceless man. That is the "gift" of the Many Faced God. (Death)

The argument is that Meryn Trant killed him

/what is dead may never die.
//but rises again,harder and stronger

Last edited:
yeah I hope we get a great reunion with Arya and Nymeria

Unlike the other dire wolves, Nymeria has been spending the last few years completely living in the wild, presumably her natural habitat. Wouldn't it be something if it means she's grown to proportions like the dire wolves in the books.

Well of course Syrio (the real Syrio) is dead. That's how you become a faceless man. That is the "gift" of the Many Faced God. (Death)

The argument is that Meryn Trant killed him

/what is dead may never die.
//but rises again,harder and stronger

All the men that attacked him are culpable in his death. They all went there to take Arya and all set out to kill Syrio to accomplish that task. They are all equally guilty. Its irrelevant who dealed the final blow.

Thats not even just my own opinion. Its basic tenent of law. Arya isnt wrong to treat Trant guilty of murder. He was involved and was an accessory to murder. He is just as guilty whether he struck the final blow or stood back and watched another man do it.

Last edited:
Unlike the other dire wolves, Nymeria has been spending the last few years completely living in the wild, presumably her natural habitat. Wouldn't it be something if it means she's grown to proportions like the dire wolves in the books.

In the books she leads a huge pack of hundreds of wolves that have been roaming the Riverlands.

untitled-191.gif

This was the only tender-loving care or affection of any kind that Arya had received in years -since Ned's death.

It's a shame that they're in such a rush to kill off good characters like Lady Crane and Septon Ray (that one had to set the record for fastest development and slaughter). Kind, gentle characters without warrior skills are just meat for the butchers! And the show's mandatory death quota.

It's a shame that they're in such a rush to kill off good characters like Lady Crane and Septon Ray (that one had to set the record for fastest development and slaughter). Kind, gentle characters without warrior skills are just meat for the butchers! And the show's mandatory death quota.

Every now and then the audience needs to be reminded what an incredibly crappy place Westeros is to live, and how harsh it is.

I think rather that's all we see constantly - killing and people treating each other like crap (to varying degrees). We are reminded every once in a while that people like Ray and Crane also exist (albeit briefly and temporarily).

arent we constantly reminded of how harsh it is lol

Arya's been a pretty solid killing machine up til now but she really needs to start taking on the higher profile targets. I don't think it's likely she'll kill Cersei... Mountain is a possibility as is the Hound. I could see her killing Melisandre.

I think the show might have her make an attempt on Cersei. That would be some good banter.

why would she kill the Hound?

He is on her kill list. But I don't think anyone would want to see that.. and she could have done it already if she was serious.

But hound, cersei, melisandre and the mountain are the only living people still on her list afaicr.

Didn't Arya straight up say that she took his name off the list this season?

He isn't on her kill list, it's why she left him alive after he was messed up fighting Brienne.

Ahh she removed him? He was on her list. Yeah it wouldn't make much sense anyway. She could have killed him already if she wanted.

Didn't she also swear to kill Jaimie as well?

He is on her kill list. But I don't think anyone would want to see that.. and she could have done it already if she was serious.

But hound, cersei, melisandre and the mountain are the only living people still on her list afaicr.

and illyn payne too i think

and illyn payne too i think

yeah pretty much Jaime and Cersei is all that's left that she might get to. Unless she stumbles onto the Brotherhood. I want to see her reunion with Nymeria. See how the wolf acts around her now that she's changed. I expect no problem but there could be something off about Arya she doesn't like.

I caught something during the scene where they're all calling Jon King of the North. One of the big reasons they did was that he avenged the Red Wedding. Were they aware then of the Frey's demise and gave credit to Jon somehow? Did Arya leave something behind to represent House Stark? I love the idea Arya might have helped Jon out.

Last edited:
How large is Arya's kill count now?

How large is Arya's kill count now?

i know of for sure:

* Walder Frey
* the Waif
* Meryn Trant
* the guy she stabbed in the stomach with needle back when her and Gendry were stuck together

and i think i'm forgetting at least 2 or 3?

all the Starks have killed someone now except Bran right?

i know of for sure:

* Walder Frey
* the Waif
* Meryn Trant
* the guy she stabbed in the stomach with needle back when her and Gendry were stuck together

Arya killed a Frey soldier in the Riverlands after the Red Wedding. She also killed Polliver by stabbing him through the neck when her and the Hound were at that tavern. And don't forget her first kill: that stableboy who was going to rat her out to the Kingsguard in season one.

Bran technically killed Locke via warging into Hodor to escape Craster's in season four. I'd say it counts.

i know of for sure:

* Walder Frey
* the Waif
* Meryn Trant

Frey's sons for a start! :woot:

I guess except Rickon, although he hasn't exactly done anything of note.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"