You Must Be Kidding Me? What's Up The The Butt Of The U.s.?

lazur said:
Uh huh, if you're close-minded enough to believe all of this reasoning power you have is shared by Al Qaeda.

What?

lazur said:
The same way we'd have 'made more terrorists' by being in Afghanistan.

Is Afganistan in a state of chaos? Are people being car bombed and dying daily there? The situations, as far as I can tell, are different.

lazur said:
Umm, we're fighting Al Qaeda in Iraq. That's the primary resistance we're running into. And, oh yeah, you know, like Bin Laden is the leader??

I wasn't aware that Al Qaeda was behind any of the atacks in Iraq.

lazur said:
So you're saying that the Al Qaeda would have been OKAY with us going after their boss in Afghanistan, but somehow it's wrong in their eyes for us to enter Iraq and take out Saddam, someone they were supposedly 'not affiliated' with??

No. I really don't see where you're coming from.

lazur said:
Why would they care MORE for someone they're NOT affiliated with than they would for someone they ARE not only affiliated with, but also WORK FOR???

I never said they did. In fact, I never even brought up Al Qaeda. What I said was that our actions in Iraq have, unintentionally, led to a large amount of chaos and bloodshed. Also of people are going to place most of the blame on us. Thus, we are creating a whole new generation of people who hate us.

lazur said:
Why can't an exterminator get rid of all ants forever after one spraying? It's impossible. And besides, what you're advocating is wiping out an entire group of people because of their beliefs - not their actions. And Bush is the nazi?

What the **** are you talking about? When did I ever say anything to that effect?

The Question said:
Is Afganistan in a state of chaos? Are people being car bombed and dying daily there? The situations, as far as I can tell, are different.

No. And the reason is because they have a different area to focus on in Iraq. What I'm saying is that if we were NOT in Iraq, you can bet your a** they'd be in Afghanistan to fight us there INSTEAD of in Iraq.

I'm not understanding why that concept is hard to understand.

The Question said:
I wasn't aware that Al Qaeda was behind any of the atacks in Iraq.

Huh?? You don't know who Al Zarqawi is? You know, the LEADER of the 'insurgents' in Iraq, the one we've been trying to capture since we've been there, and the one who pledged his allegiance to Bin Laden like 10 times on national TV already? Are you serious? I mean, if you are, that would explain a LOT.

The Question said:
I never said they did. In fact, I never even brought up Al Qaeda. What I said was that our actions in Iraq have, unintentionally, led to a large amount of chaos and bloodshed. Also of people are going to place most of the blame on us. Thus, we are creating a whole new generation of people who hate us.

And that's where you're going wrong. The large amount of 'chaos and bloodshed' is being CAUSED by Al Qaeda, which is led in Iraq by Al Zarqawi, a leader in Al Qaeda, who is led by Bin Laden, which is who we're trying to capture/kill.

lazur said:
No. And the reason is because they have a different area to focus on in Iraq. What I'm saying is that if we were NOT in Iraq, you can bet your a** they'd be in Afghanistan to fight us there INSTEAD of in Iraq.

I'm not understanding why that concept is hard to understand.

It's not, I suppose. But really, not all of the terrorist activity in Iraq is Al Qaeda. A good chunk of it is Iraqis who want us out of their country.

lazur said:
Huh?? You don't know who Al Zarqawi is? You know, the LEADER of the 'insurgents' in Iraq, the one we've been trying to capture since we've been there, and the one who pledged his allegiance to Bin Laden like 10 times on national TV already? Are you serious? I mean, if you are, that would explain a LOT.

Okay. That makes sense. The question I have is, was he pledging aleigence to Bin Laden before we entered Iraq?

lazur said:
And that's where you're going wrong. The large amount of 'chaos and bloodshed' is being CAUSED by Al Qaeda, which is led in Iraq by Al Zarqawi, a leader in Al Qaeda, who is led by Bin Laden, which is who we're trying to capture/kill.

Alright. But I highly doubt that chaos and bloodshed would have happened if we never entered Iraq at all. Al Qaeda may have a hand in what's going on, but the instability would never have happened if we never dissolved their government. And, none of that changes the fact that we are basically creating a new generation of people who hate us in Iraq. That is why it's a breeding ground for terrorism. Our actions, unintentionally, resulted in the crap that's going on in Iraq right now. And alot of Iraqis blame us. We've created an environment where people will grow up hating us.

*Takes out world map*

Hmmm... Iraq and China are nowhere near each other. What the heck are they talking about?

Seems that every time a thread on US vs China or US vs North Korea or US vs those damn pygmies down in South America, Iraq would invariably be drawn in.

Oh, well.

I still say we just lean back and let them do what they want. They have much worse problems than us right now...Jack Bauer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"