Your Score

Victarion

Iron Captain
Reaction score
There's no poll, because it would be virtually impossible to list them all, but of the movies you've seen, which has the most moving score, in your opinion and what is the title of the score.

For me, it would be either Hoist the Colours or What Shall We Die For?, or POTC fame.

-Morzan

Mmmmmmmmmmm,

Shawshank, Da Vinci Code, Gladiator ..... just three of my favs.

The only score I can think of is the score from Man-Thing. Probably heard better ones though.

2001: a space odyssey. brings tears to the eyes the beauty of that soundtrack.

royal tennenbaums also has a sweet soundtrack, hell most wes anderson movies have pretty good soundtracks.

'Transformers' is definately up there as my new fav, but i would say that 'The Rock' is up there too as is 'Gladiator'.

Lord of the Rings by far

and then in no order Braveheart, Gladiator, King Kong, King Arthur, Last of the Mohicans, the Lion King, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, Dragonheart theres more i just can't think of it right now

and Pirates almost shouldnt count, since its just a rehash of Zimmers other movies

A Beautiful Mind has an amazing score.
If my life was a film, I'd want the opening score of A Beautiful Mind to be the opening.

I like all the instrumental pieces composed by Alan Silvestri for the "Back to the Future" trilogy. Some of them are very moving, especially the Overture (found on the original film's soundtrack CD).

I'm a big fan of instrumentals, and some of my other faves include Danny Elfman's "Spidey Suite", John Williams' "Superman Theme", and James Horner's work on Field of Dreams, Titanic, and Bicentennial Man.

American Beauty - Thomas Newman

Fight Club - The Dust Brothers

Aliens - James Horner

Batman (1989) - Danny Elfman

Halloween - John Carpenter

All of this stuff goes in phases for me...

Right now I've been listening to:

The Fly - Howard Shore
Pocahontas - Alan Menken
Ratatouille - Michael Giacchino
Bodies, Rest, and Motion - Michael Convertino (as well as his Santa Clause score)
The Nativitiy Story - Mychael Danna
Independence Day - David Arnold

Some of the best scores ever IMO though are:
Edward Scissorhands
Halloween
Cinema Paradiso
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Psycho
Star Trek
Superman

Nancy Wilson's score for Almost Famous is supremely underrated.

X2's theme is pretty amazing as well.

X-Men: The Last Stand's score was one of the few pros of the movie.

There are many but i love the First Blood score by Jerry Goldsmith, especially "Home coming"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"