You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

I suppose that's where I'd disagree with ya. Being a fan of the Donnerverse, I'd have no problem with another movie connecting dots to the past one. But adding new elements wouldn't be bad either. No reason you can't have both.

I think is time for something new that isn't connected as even Smallville with all it's originality is still linked to that universe.

Instead of SR being a continuation from Superman 2 i think a more interesting idea would've been to continue from Superman 4. Before you all start complaining just read on. The only reason Singer didn’t do this, is so his plot with Lois getting pregnant would work out. Anyway the biggest problem with Superman 4 was the execution not the idea.

You want a morally conflicted Supes, look no further than that film. He honestly doesn’t know what to do, whether he should interfere in mankind’s affairs by destroying Nuclear missles. He addresses the United Nations, which was interesting to see how the world views superman. He visits the Fortress and it’s interesting to see him talk to Kryptonian elders about the dilemma, they mention that if earth is destroyed there are other more advanced worlds he could go to in which war has been eliminated. Also at the end of the film Superman gives a great speech about how and when we as humans may attain world peace, which highlights his belief in humanity, then he also talks about other advanced civilizations out there that humans will one day meet, the look on Chris Reeve’s face in that scene was terrific. Also despite how dumb his scenes turned out, Lex Luthor was shown to actually be a genius in creating Nuclear man, rather than a cheap con artist who wants real estate.

Multiple times the movie references other advanced alien civilizations. It reminded me of how George lucas mentions the clone wars in star wars, but never shows anything from it b/c he didn’t feel like the technology was right at that time. The setup was there in Superman 4 to later show some of these alien civilizations, and if lex was to return he could’ve been better defined as a scientific genius rather than a real estate con man.

SR could’ve addressed the current state of world affairs and superman may have wondered if he’d done enough to prevent the new wars from arising (a soft reference to superman 4). At this point an advanced alien civilization shows up, similar to the “V” tv show, full armada of giant ships across the world. The world quickly gravitates towards them, and their promises of peace and advancement. Superman is hopeful but a little skeptical at first, people also start favoring the new aliens rather than superman. Clark and Lois are trying to investigate these new vistors while superman seeks knowledge from the fortress of solitude. He’s surpised there is no record of this civilization, or if there is they’ve supposedly been wiped out, so he’s suspicious. At some point it’s revealed that one of Supes classic villains is behind this “arrival” and it’s really an invasion. Supes has to use all of this powers and insight to fight off this threat. We could’ve introduced Star Labs, the science police, and eetc. Supes realizes that he needs Luthor’s help (scientific genius lex not real estate con artist) and somehow they work together to stop the aliens. Luthor is pardoned and the setup is there for him to become corporate lex in the sequels.

This is what should’ve happened with SR.

Last edited:
I like that..

What I wished would have happen in SR is,
We'd still have seen Superman go off in search of survivors on krypton (thanks to Lex) and Lex still went to/broke into the F.O.S. to steal the crystals, but instead of using the crystals for creating real estate, Lex would have studied them until he learned their secrets, then created new tech from them.

He would have first started selling the tech off to the highest bidders, creating Lex-corp from the proceeds. He even would have created a bodyguard from some of the tech, Metallo.
Lex-Corp would have grown bigger and bigger from the tech its pushing until it rivaled the biggest corporations on earth.
Lex would have bought all the major media outlets in Metropolis, then America, so he could control whats reported about him and how.
Only a few news outlets would have held out, the biggest being the DP.
Everyday, thanx to Lex, headlines with pictures of Superman read out ''He abandoned us'' while others show Lex on the front page that say "The new Super-man''.

Lex would have used a few soldiers-for-hire to form intergang. He would have armed them with weapons that he created from studying the crystals, weapons that even superman would feel the sting from.

Lex would have also created cures for all kinds of diseases from the tech, created new technologies for the people of the earth to use, and created a false sense of hope and peace. He would have did all this to gain the people's trust so he could obtain his true goal, the white house.

This is what Superman would have found when he returned to Earth.
A world that had truly moved on without him.

Last edited:
I like that..

What I wished would have happen in SR is,
Still have Superman go off in search of survivors on krypton, thanks to Lex, and Lex still goes to/breaks into the F.O.S., but instead of using the crystals for creating real estate, Lex would have studied them until he learned their secrets, then created new tech from them.
He would have started selling the tech off to the highest bidders, creating Lex-corp from the proceeds. He even would have created a bodyguard from some of the tech, Metallo.
Lex would have even used a few soldiers for hire to form intergang. Lex would have armed them with weapons that he created from studying the crystals. weapons that even superman would feel the sting from.

Lex would have also created cures for all kinds of diseases from the tech, and created new technologies for the people of the earth to use. He would have did all this to gain the peoples trust so he could obtain his true goal, the white house.

This is what Superman would have found when he returned to Earth. A world that had truly moved on without him.

That would've been cool. Nice idea, just a little twist/more practical use of the crystals from SR plot. It just boggles my mind with all the possibilities for that movie and even the basic plot as you nicely illustrated, we got a lex who only thought of real estate :doh: I could've even gone for a simple line like:

Superman: "don't tell me this is another real estate con, lex"

Lex: "you kidding me, who'd buy this crap?! No this whole thing was for you supes...little piece of home, you like?"

then lex and goons beat him up or whatever.

Totally there is so many different directions SR could have gone. But they has to pretty much reharsh supes 1/2 and throw in a kid that wasnt really needed. But the character and his story there is so many great things would go do or go with this time around. So i hope they make a good story and really go all out for the character.

I cant wait to see what Nolan and Goyer have in mind.

oh me too green i hope they make a great well rounded out film. with good acting, a solid story, and include many things we fans want from comics and all that.

I'm wondering if the suit will be changed, or if it will be the classic one that we know and love.

well that is tough, they probably will add their own twists on the look, but i would figure wb will want overall classic looking superman.

y does everyone think Nolan and Goyer are gonna do a good Superman movie? the Nolans were perfect choices for Batman, which is already grounded in realism as a comic book. but Superman is not their kind of hero, i just can't imagine how awful they're movie is gonna be

y does everyone think Nolan and Goyer are gonna do a good Superman movie? the Nolans were perfect choices for Batman, which is already grounded in realism as a comic book. but Superman is not their kind of hero, i just can't imagine how awful they're movie is gonna be

Why? well because the Nolans have yet to produce a clunker. They don't only do films grounded in realism either, it's not as if sci-fi and fantasy are new areas for them. Most of all I would say, because it's not realism their films have, but verisimilitude.

glofty both nolan and goyer are good story tellers, and its been stated many times over they know the differences between both batman and superman. Yes the whole grounded reality thing worked with batman. But that isnt likely what they are doing with superman.

Heres if I were making the movie.

It would be over a year into Superman's career, so things are already established.
A massive argument has broken out between the US and Russia. The Russians are claiming that the US Goverment are responsible for the deaths of villagers near Salekhard,the US deny this however.
The Daily Planet have already received a tip-off, which could indeed prove the US's involvement. Clark is sent to Salekhard to investigate the anonymous lead. Once there,Clark discovers by a lone survivor of the attack,a cave within the mountains. Evidence inside points to LexCorp being involved,and disturbingly, large crystal fragments that are exactly the same as those that make the Fortress of Solitude. Something large has been removed from the cave.

Of course by the time of his return, Russian terrorists have been identified as the culprits (though they strongly deny the murders and frame-up) and Russia apologise to the US.

Superman takes the crystal fragments to the Fortress and asks Jor-El what they are. Jor-El explains that years before Kal-El was born, another being from Krypton arrived on Earth by accident...A violent creature,whose only drive was to kill and destroy...created by Jor-El's mistake. It was placed in a special capsule that would keep it in a state of coma,by increasing its energy through Kyrptonite,a dangerous substance deep within the heart of Krypton and it was launched into space.

So in short
Lois develops a relationship with Lex,just so she can discover what he is up to.
Superman learns that Lex and President Milton Fine are working together. Lex knows that Fine is an Alien,and is helping him rebuild his spacecraft so that he may leave Earth with Doomsday,in exchange for ultimate knowledge and Alien technology.
Lex also creates Green Kyrptonite himself,by reversing the effects of the energy increasing Kyrptonite.
The ending is left on a cliffhanger with Doomsday being awakened within the Fortress.

Thanks. The thing I really wanted to do was give the Kyrptonite a new purpose,that wasnt just meant to defeat Superman. Kyrptonite is a simply an energy substance within Krypton,that holds many feats of energy power. Jor-El used a great amount to keep Doomsday in a coma,from which he would never awaken.

Lex, who has found Doomsday in his crystal (Red Kyrptonite irradiated to increase his energy) manages to reverse its effects that decrease energy (it turns Green),so it will severally weaken Superman.

But Brainiac,who has been orchestrating the entire plot, knew Lex would create the Green Kyrptonite from his desire to defeat Superman and steals it for its true purpose...Placing Doomsday within the Fortress and irradiating it with Green K,so that it will negate the effects of the Red K and bring Doomsday out of his coma. But Brainiac didnt count on Doomsday fully regaining himself straight away.

it is some interesting stuff they could do with that. And it sounds like a great way to use kryptonite. I am a fan of kryptonite. so i would still like to see this film series use it. But if we are going with brainiac this could be a time we dont need to have it. Like i and others probably said we can jsut have brainaic go toe to toe with superman. And then give refrence to kryptonite at the end of the film if they go route brainaic is kryptonian design and his signal gives off signal simular to kryptonite and then it leads to kryptonite being used in many ways in next film. IE lex tests it with bullets, liquid form, on superman, and then leads to metallo as his ultimate form of kryptonite weapon on superman or something.

I just hope Kryponite is a rare supstance, Smallville has made it look like it's everywhere. I have no problem as long as not just anyone can get their hands on it. Also i prefer the visual look of it from smallville in how it glows when around a kryptonian and makes clark look sick. It's a very strong visual vs how it's looked in the films where it's hard to measure it's effect on Superman.

so make it rare, and make it look good. Also wouldn't mind seeing various colors or at least the attempt at creating synthetic Kryptonite b/c it is so rare (an actual good idea from Superman 3) but inadvertently creating another form like red.

I agree. ''K'' needs to be more rarer than diamond.....

It would be pretty neat if Edge industries were in the film as well and it and Lex-corp were these huge bitter rivals.
It and Lex-corp would have the only ''K'' on the planet ( a VERY small amount ) but they have no idea what it really is or where it came from, just that it came somewhere from space.
Lex, being the genius he is, would be the one to put two and two togeather about the ''K'' later on when this superpowered being first appears and reveals where he's from.

The inclusion of Edge Industries as you described it sounds great! Nice ideas!

I would love to see Ian McShane as Morgan Edge. The man's stare could freeze fire.

Anyway, there are soo many directions they could go with this..
It could be (but not likely) a full blown origin story. We see Krypton right from the start, smallville, Clark traveling the world, him moving to Metropolis, etc.

Or it could be an established Superman film where he knows who he is and where he is from, but we only see the origin told later in flashbacks.
(I think something similar to this is what we get)

Or It could be something where Clark doesnt know his origin untill well into his adulthood. Maybe he learns it from Brainiac. In fact, maybe Clark wouldnt even be Superman yet.
Sure, he has performed rescues, but all at superspeed so none could see him. He hasnt yet made the suit, but he's seriously thought about it.
Brainiac seeks out Clark and tells him his origin, where he is from, that Brainiac is also from Krypton, and that he should help him take over this planet, etc etc.
Once Brainiac's true intentions are revealed, Clark has no choice but to finally make the suit, and become Superman to stop him.

Or it could be something where he learns his origin while still in his teens, maybe from the Eradicator. Maybe the ship Clark arrived in is actually the Eradicator, and its programmed to activate on Clarks 16th B-day or something. Who knows.

Last edited:
totally look/sound for kryptonite i want to see lois and clark/smallville style there. also yup need to make it a rare deal. maybe just a few large meterors of it crashed on earth in different places. so there is enough around to be a threat, but not to little that its just one little chunck and poof its gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"