You're The Producer Of The Superman Reboot

Henry cavill would be a great choice physically, but the man isn't an American, and I simply think you have to cast an American as Superman

Christian Bale (English actor) = Batman. . . .

superman is the american dream in many regards, and i dont think u can cast a brit. batman is an entirely different story

totally for me certain characters like captain america should be played by american and all that. But for superman i am happy as long as the guy is white looking, can speak in any american accent and has the right look for the role. Would i want to see an american play superman sure. But its not my main grip for the role.

Its a liberated deal really. Will Smith was very close to becoming Captain America,an African-American,but an American nonetheless.

I certainly wouldn't mind if an American actor was cast as James Bond. Like Webhead said,if he looked the the part,sounded the part,but most importantly,could play the part,then I see no problem.

It would cause a bit of rumbling from the fickle ones though.
"James Bond should be played an English actor"
"Superman should be played an American actor"

WHO CARES? Get over it.

yea we fans and the execs just do get very picky at these things some times. But yea hopefully the roles ultimately go to the person that best fits what the character is and all.

superman is the american dream in many regards, and i dont think u can cast a brit. batman is an entirely different story

Superman is an alien from Krytpon passing himself off as an American.

Batman is an American. Yep very different stories there :whatever:

Whoever fits best is what should be considered.
As long as the actor can give a midwestern accent, can act, and screams Superman when you see him, it shouldn't matter what country he hails from. And yeah, i'm American.

i just dislike the idea of a brit playing an important american icon. not that i hav anything against brits, its just how i feel.

anyway, i think that the best choices for Superman/Clark Kent are Brandon Routh, Tom Welling (both of whom hav played the character quite well). i wud go with Welling or an unknown for the nex movie.

ITs pretty much going to be an all new face, only question will be once all said is done will it be a total unknown, a semi know, or a known guy

its def gonna be a new guy for the next movie. i do agree that the best actor should get the part, even if it is a brit. i just think the argument against Cavill is that there are other americans who are better fits as Superman.

all in all, the next one needs to have a damn good cast, especially in the Lois Lane-Lex Luthor department. Kate Bosworth was not a good fit as Lois Lane, and while Kevin Spacey was fine as Luthor, a younger actor would be a better choice.

i think that the whole Superman vs. oldman lex luthor has been done too many times, and thats why in the script im currently writing, lex and clark contemporaries

yea totally i just hope they do select a great cast, and they work together and have that chemistry all together to make it work well.

If i were producer, I would like to film Sao Paulo as Metropolis.

sao%20paulo1.jpg

sao-paulo.jpg

Brazil_Sao_Paulo.jpg

I'd take some from each of the best and biggest cities in the world and blend them all into Metropolis. I'd create some brand new CGI buildings as well.

Last edited:
yea i made that point myself too before. i would first shoot in a real city somewhere. take out any famous/known building to not pegg the film as such and such city being used. Then also do plate shots of a few difference cities. Then combine it all together in post and make a composited city made of these real parts of cities to make the new metropolis a unique look.

I'd take some from each of the best and biggest cities in the world and blend them all into Metropolis. I'd create some brand new CGI buildings as well.

And the most likely outcome goes to...

:word:

This version has to be truly different from all previous versions in order to truly work.. I wouls start with Clark using his powers clandestinly and not wanting to be in the public eye.It is only when he is discovered that he creates the Superman persona. Keep his origin secret till the 2nd act! Have Brainiac impersonate Jor-el! This would be simular to V the new series intro.Brainiac playing the Anna role as Earth's savior.He twists Clark by using his heritage against him,even claiming to be Jor-el himself. He tries to recruit Clark to join him in saving Earth from itself. Luthor is Brainiacs PR man.

yea they need to have this film be its own look, feel, story and all that.

ive had some new casting ideas, since a lot of mine have been shot down. i thought Chris Pine would make a great Lex Luthor if you went at him from the Smallville angle, which I do in my script, but most ppl dont like that, so i would now go with Jude Law. as for Lois, i would go with Anne Hathaway, simply because shes a terrific actress who i know would own the part. for Perry White, i now realize that Adam Arkin, while not bad, isnt the best, and so, for that reason, i would go with William H. Macy, removing him from the original role i gave him of Jonathan Kent and now giving it to Kurt Russel.

i just dislike the idea of a brit playing an important american icon. not that i hav anything against brits, its just how i feel.

Just imagine for a moment that Chris Reeve was British.

Donner: Mr. Reeve, thanks for your interest in the role and you looked fantastic in the suit and your screen test was remarkable. You actually made me believe that a man could fly. But you see...you're British and we are really looking for an American.

Reeve: Uh, I thought Superman was Kryptonian.

Donner: Well that is true but see, he was sent to America and he grew up as American so...

Reeve: So, shouldn't you be looking for an alien actor who moved to America?

Donner: Well Chris, thats kind of a ridiculous suggestion don't you think?

Reeve: :dry:

Donner: Mr. Reeve, thanks for your interest in the role and you looked fantastic in the suit and your screen test was remarkable. You actually made me believe that a man could fly. But you see...you're British and we are really looking for an American.

Donner: Well that is true but see, he was sent to America and he grew up as American so...

look, I love Cavill, and hopefully he pulls off a great American accent when he is inevitably cast as Superman in Nolan's version, but let me ask you all this: WOULD YOU CAST AN AMERICAN AS HARRY POTTER?!?!?!?!?!??!

look, I love Cavill, and hopefully he pulls off a great American accent when he is inevitably cast as Superman in Nolan's version, but let me ask you all this: WOULD YOU CAST AN AMERICAN AS HARRY POTTER?!?!?!?!?!??!

Seriously, what make you think its going to be Cavill because I don't see that happening and not because he's British, but because I don't see him as Clark/Superman anymore than I could see Will Smith doing it. I would rather Routh or even Welling do it before Cavill and I don't even want them either.

By the way, I love Daniel Radcliff as Harry and if he happened to be American then I wouldn't have hesitated to cast him regardless of his nationality. Why? Because he is an actor. That is what actors do. They pretend to be the character they are playing and if they are a good actor they will be successful at it.

And that is what I want: An actor for Superman who can make me believe that he is that character come to life and I wouldn't let a little thing like Nationality or ethnicity stop me from casting that actor.

Last edited:

While we're at it, why don't we imagine the sun was green, Superman wore pink and orange, and it rained Hershey Bar's every afternoon too? It would be the same thing.

Neither scenario EVER happened, and are ridiculous to imagine. Even for a "moment"....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"