Justice League Zack Snyder’s Justice League HBO Max Release: Movie Or Mini-Series?

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
According to the Hollywood Reporter article Snyder is considering releasing his cut as either a four hour movie, or a mini-series? Which format would you guys prefer the cut be released in?

Between those two choices, mini-series. Snyder's better in short doses, and I have a feeling a lot of that content isn't very necessary to the story, based on the BvS Ultimate Edition (which could have been like a 2 hour film), so a mini-series can be more forgiving with regards to editing, pacing, etc.

Last edited:
I say either whatever is best I think @FeedOnATreeFrog makes a Great point about small doses with Snyder so I’ll lean more towards the mini series in this poll

Movie for me; namely because of the fact that I'd prefer looking at all of this as one grand movie trilogy. To go from having the first two installments be films and the final one be a mini-series would feel...different.lol

I actually absolutely love the mini series route. Unique, different and could end up being beneficial. But I'm greedy. I want a Ultra 4K Blu Ray copy. And with this black and white talk, I want that too lol.

Can't wait to watch JL..for real this time. I have rewatched it exactly zero times since I bought the theatrical edition.

I watched it once after buying the blu ray cause the wife couldn't remember it well, and she LOVES Aquaman. Which I enjoyed too, but her def more so. I warned her it was bad and best she didn't remember it, lol.

For the record, she fell asleep 20 mins in.

Mini-series if only it was meant to be a mini series in the first place but it wasn't.

For me I would want both. But I would prefer a movie. Mainly because I just want to see it in full now if they drop the mini series all at once like how Netflix does then great. However if the do the Disney+ thing and do it week by week then I will be upset. I waited too long for this I would prefer to not have to wait week by week to see what happens next.

Movie, definitely. 3.5 hours of content isn't much and breaking up a movie by design into mini chapters just isn't right.

Both. Wouldnt surprise me if they did both.

I actually absolutely love the mini series route. Unique, different and could end up being beneficial. But I'm greedy. I want a Ultra 4K Blu Ray copy. And with this black and white talk, I want that too lol.

Can't wait to watch JL..for real this time. I have rewatched it exactly zero times since I bought the theatrical edition.

I know the TC is flawed but even if the SC is a 1000 times better I’ll still be a fan of the TC. In many ways the way this has worked out is kind of perfect for me cause I kind of have 2 JL films now (or I will lol).

Honestly, I'm fine with either choice.

I know the TC is flawed but even if the SC is a 1000 times better I’ll still be a fan of the TC. In many ways the way this has worked out is kind of perfect for me cause I kind of have 2 JL films now (or I will lol).

I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy aspects of the theatrical cut. Superman vs the JL pumped..me..up. I was lit coming home because of that sequence and Joss did some good with dialogue. Unfortunately, the situation surrounding the film plus the re-shoots and what they did to Henry's face was flat out unforgivable and unwatchable after a period of time.

I will say, they redeemed themselves!

Last edited:
For me I would want both. But I would prefer a movie. Mainly because I just want to see it in full now if they drop the mini series all at once like how Netflix does then great. However if the do the Disney+ thing and do it week by week then I will be upset. I waited too long for this I would prefer to not have to wait week by week to see what happens next.

If they make it a miniseries, they absolutely will likely spread it out over weeks. So I agree, I'd rather it be a movie and get the full experience on day one. If it airs in pieces, then I may not watch it until it's all up. This isn't something episodic like The Mandolorian where episodes are mostly contained and it's episodic. This was meant as a movie. Waiting weeks to see the whole thing would bother me more.

I want the 4 hour movie.

They are pushing and probably will do the miniseries so that people have to keep hbo max for 6 weeks. Remember...this is about money. They will want to milk this completely. With that said, I will just wait until the end and binge it like a movie. I can wait another 6 weeks. I will still support hbo max starting next week however as they did this

I would be fine with a mini-series if Grace didn't report that it would be around 35 mins per episode.

release it as a mini-series on streaming.
they can probably edit it into segments w/ cliffhangers.

then release it as one long movie on blu-ray. :word:

I say start with a series and then they can release a specially edited movie cut when it hits blu ray. Zack shot a LOT of footage of backstory for each of the new Leaguers that it probably will work very well as a mini series.

I still think they should release it as a movie. I only thi k a series is good if you can get Ben to come back as back and if they plan on doing other seasons.

I vote miniseries. I feel like Snyder's long movies often lack the three-act structure that these types of movies need. Dividing it into episodes makes sense and provides structure.

I say break it up into 1hr long episodes then, if done right, put them together to make one massive cohesive film. I believe breaking them up into episodes will give the chance to build more suspense.

I'd rather it be a movie. This was designed that way in the first place, and that is how I'd like it to be.
Yeah, filming a movie isn't quite the same as filming a TV series (limited or otherwise); there are several notable differences between the two. So, it's probably best that the finished product remain in the format it was initially intended to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"