• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link's not working man.
https://goo.gl/iYxiqJ

Seriously this. The social media scrutiny would last a few weeks. A new director would shift the whole conversation.
Only in fanboy circles though. The masses would be hard-pressed to recognize who Zack is. More people are only concerned with how they receive the film and comment accordingly. Behind-the-scenes barely play a factor in the social conversation.

I think the worse thing that can happen is that social media gets a voice anti-Snyder, then you end up with a F4 situation which is what happened.

We want a great movie, best chance is to let the current team do its stuff. They know what they're doing, they're not stupid, they see the criticism and will make the course corrections needed.

But they didn't last time, so there's no reason to believe they will this time. The series can't survive on continual course correction.

Now that's some quality, clickbait journalism. It's not even a new idea, it's a message board controversy from weeks ago, based on a 2008 tongue in cheek joke about WATCHMEN. Writer of that nonsense should be proud.

^ Well his sense of humor is lacking, but then we already knew that from his body of work.

I think the worse thing that can happen is that social media gets a voice anti-Snyder, then you end up with a F4 situation which is what happened.

We want a great movie, best chance is to let the current team do its stuff. They know what they're doing, they're not stupid, they see the criticism and will make the course corrections needed.

Are you basing this on how they "saw" all the criticism from MoS and "made course corrections" in BvS?

But they didn't last time, so there's no reason to believe they will this time. The series can't survive on continual course correction.
Did you think the screenwriting and third act were worse than MOS? Those were two big sticking points for people (like myself), but I thought there were improvements with BvS.

Now that's some quality, clickbait journalism. It's not even a new idea, it's a message board controversy from weeks ago, based on a 2008 tongue in cheek joke about WATCHMEN. Writer of that nonsense should be proud.

Wait, where's the "tongue in cheek joke" in Snyder's quotes? I know you would like to believe he's kidding, but there's nothing there to imply that.

Did you think the screenwriting and third act were worse than MOS? Those were two big sticking points for people (like myself), but I thought there were improvements with BvS.

The entire movie was a giant mess to me, it doesn't even feel like the movie has a three act structure.

The entire movie was a giant mess to me, it doesn't even feel like the movie has a three act structure.
So from top-to-bottom, even in isolation, everything was a step back from MOS to you?

So from top-to-bottom, even in isolation, everything was a step back from MOS to you?

Let me put it this way, after BvS I realised I was way too hard on MoS over the last 3 years.

Let me put it this way, after BvS I realised I was way too hard on MoS over the last 3 years.

Same thing actually happened to me too.

Still not a fan of MoS. But I do appreciate it more.

Wait, where's the "tongue in cheek joke" in Snyder's quotes? I know you would like to believe he's kidding, but there's nothing there to imply that.

I believe he's referring to the rape Batman quote.

It was certainly a step back for superman's character. I could actually feel stirrings of greatness in MOS superman. There were little moments where I could see him becoming a superman that I loved seeing on screen (this was mostly thanks to Cavill). That was almost entirely absent in BvS. Despite its flaws, MOS laid some encouraging foundations, both for superman's growing confidence and meaningful future conflicts, that were never explored properly.

The only improvements in BvS came from some solid dialogue for Bruce and the supporting characters. That was greatly appreciated, but none of it extended to superman.

It wasn't a step back, his situation just got tougher and tried to handle it more seriously. There's nothing wrong with that.

It's wrong when you don't get the result you wanted.

The film was panned by critics, divided the fan base AGAIN, a disappointment at the box office, and will probably be compared extremely unfavorably by a film with a very similar premise.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. There are movies that have done great in the box office that weren't so good and there are movies that are actually good that bombed. Just because of a bad result doesn't mean that it was wrong, it just means you have people that don't agree with you. People, for a long time, have been divided over Superman and always will be. No matter what you do to his character, someone will always find a flaw in it.

Until someone gets it right and everyone loves the character again. It may not be the Donner version but I think it's closer to that than Snyder's version.

I would agree that this film was a step back for Superman's character...if we hadn't gotten the "This is my world" sequence.

That's pure Superman.

The character was tested in this film, but ultimately not diminished.

Man of Steel is a masterpiece, the GA just weren't ready for an interpretation of Superman that wasn't all Donnerverse style. But over 2014/15 people began to realise how good that movie was and that was the basis for the excitement going in to BvS. Frankly, there was nothing to correct only to build on.

So a bit of an adjustment off BvS which went too far into Watchmen tone and move back to MoS tone and we're all sweet.

Except they don't seem to I know what they're doing and failed to make the course corrections last time, so...

Not necessarily. There are movies that have done great in the box office that weren't so good and there are movies that are actually good that bombed. Just because of a bad result doesn't mean that it was wrong, it just means you have people that don't agree with you. People, for a long time, have been divided over Superman and always will be. No matter what you do to his character, someone will always find a flaw in it.

Enough people seem to disagree to show that it was wrong wth

Why are we supposed to dismiss that interview just because it's from 2008? Has he given any since to show he's changed his view? Plus he started working on MOS in 2010, just two years later. That line of thinking could easily have influenced how he viewed these characters would behave in a realistc setting.

I mean that's the exact mindset of a person that would turn up for work one day and say "wouldn't it be funny if we shot Jimmy olsen in the head just after introducing him?"

Hypothetically speaking if they were to replace Snyder right now which available Director should replace him?

It doesn't need to be a name.

Just someone with a decent vision who actually likes (all of) the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"