• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2017/2018 NHL thread: Capital WON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rooting for Vegas to win the cup now. Let the NHL's humiliation be complete.

Why would it be humiliation? Do you know how much money and viewership they're going to be getting out of this?

This is like Leicester City all over again, only somehow more improbable.

I wouldn't call it a "humiliation" per say, but a new team should get kicked around the League (in any league for that matter) for a year or two before starting to make splashes...

No real reason for that aside from my stuck in my ways old man-isms...

Having said that, Go Vegas...

:yay:

Going to be a Party Y'all, Monday Night, outside the T-Mobile.

The Capitals of Washington vs the Knights of Vegas.

2018 Stanley Cup Finals.

I'm hoping for a sweep & I will tell you why.

This has been a season of records, obviously by the Knights of Vegas. Every win creates a new first. The sweep itself would be a 1st obviously, for an inaugural franchise; but, it would help the Knights eclipse a record held by the Oilers of Edmonton.

The Oilers is the only team to win the Cup in 20 games...since the advent of 7-games series in all rounds. Currently, the Knights stand at 15 games played, going into the Finals Monday night. A sweep would certify the record of number of games played(19) in winning the Cup.

Why not enjoy seeing another record set, in a year of records, by a 1st year team. Vegas Strong Baby!

I'm hoping for a sweep & I will tell you why.

This has been a season of records, obviously by the Knights of Vegas. Every win creates a new first. The sweep itself would be a 1st obviously, for an inaugural franchise; but, it would help the Knights eclipse a record held by the Oilers of Edmonton.

The Oilers is the only team to win the Cup in 20 games...since the advent of 7-games series in all rounds. Currently, the Knights stand at 15 games played, going into the Finals Monday night. A sweep would certify the record of number of games played(19) in winning the Cup.

Why not enjoy seeing another record set, in a year of records, by a 1st year team. Vegas Strong Baby!

That's not accurate. The '88 Oilers only played 18 playoff games (!) to win the Cup. They beat Winnipeg in 5, Calgary in 4, Detroit in 5, and Boston in 4 to go 16-2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_Stanley_Cup_playoffs

The best Vegas can do is 19 games since they currently stand 12-3. They'd then become only the 2nd to ever win the Cup in the modern era in less than 20 games but wouldnt set the record for fewest game to win it all.

Pierre Macguire gets confused a lot on these broadcasts.

Insane save by Holtby. May have changed the momentum in the series. I can't imagine how Tuch doesn't lift the puck there though? Only way it was getting stopped was if it was low on the ice like that.

I wondered why he didn't lift it as well. Holtby could have still saved it by pure luck alone, but it likely would have gone in.

I have been at the past two games out here in DC. It has been crazy here.

That Holtby save was a series changer...

Yes it did. It's going to be crazy here tomorrow if the Caps win. But in the same I am not holding my breath we all know our history and how the Caps have trouble closing out series. Although this year does look like our year.

"If the Capitals win, happy fans will be looting and turning over cars in our nation's capital tonight."

"If the Capitals win, happy fans will be looting and turning over cars in our nation's capital tonight."

If the Caps win we unlike some fans (Eagles and the Cubs) will handle our victory with grace and order. There will be no looting or climbing street poles.

It will be just like this:
[YT]xiAND6739kM[/YT]

Last edited:
If the Caps win we unlike some fans (Eagles and the Cubs) will handle our victory with grace and order. There will be no looting or climbing street poles.

It will be just like this:
[YT]xiAND6739kM[/YT]

If I see a large group of Caps fans doing the Carleton dance in unison, I will immediately switch my allegiance from the Vancouver Canucks.

Well you do know Mia Khalifa is a big Caps fan and she is from his area so I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up out here if they win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"