2020 NHL Thread: Puck off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With St. Louis out, they're definitely the favorites out of the West. I think dynasties (3 cups in 4 years by my definition) are virtually impossible now though because of the salary cap.

Offense:
Mikko Rantanen is signed through 2025
Nathan MacKinnon is signed through 2023
Gabriel Landeskog is signed through 2021
Nazem Kadri is signed through 2022
Joonas Donskoi is signed through 2023
JT Compher is signed through 2023
Andre Burokovski will be an RFA after this year

Defense:
Samuel Girard is signed through 2026
Erik Johnson is signed through 2023
Cale Makar will be an RFA in 2022
Ryan Graves will be an RFA after this year
Nikita Zadorov will be an RFA after this year

Bowers, Byram, and Kaut will probably be with the big league club next year and all are expected to be high level players.

They will have to pay Landeskog but they are in pretty good shape as far as the cap goes. They were 5.5 million under the cap this year with almost 5 million dollars in dead retained salary from trading Barrie and Orpik coming off and about 15 million in expiring contracts for expendable veterans.

Islanders shut out Flyers in Game One.

Logan Couture really reinforces the dumb hockey player stereotype.

Islanders rally but lose in OT to the Flyers. Series even 1-1.

With St. Louis out, they're definitely the favorites out of the West. I think dynasties (3 cups in 4 years by my definition) are virtually impossible now though because of the salary cap.

I dunno... Vegas looks really good.

A Vegas/Colorado west final will be the Stanley cup

Islanders win OT. Keep their season alive for another game.

I feel so indifferent about the Finals now that the Islanders run has ended. On one hand, maybe it's best to have lost to the eventual Champs. On the other, I've grown to have a seething dislike of the Lightning over 6 games, so F them.

I'm happy for Stamkos, though I was indifferent on who won...
Though I'm okay that the Bolts won their first Stanley Cup
(2004 was given to them, not earned)

130+ games in 65 days...
Hard on the players, but awesome
for us fans

McDavid has COVID-19

So,I hear rumors of the new season starting in Jan. of 2021. Does anyone know if this is a possibility.or do you think we won't get hockey again until October?

they're not going to miss a whole season, they'll be back in late January or February based on all indicators assuming they can get some of the business items squared away.

I now hear they want to start on Jan 13th,with training camp starting sometime after X-mas.

Looks like McDavid spent his holidays with both Draisaitl and his girlfriend and his own family (4 different households).

Entitled pricks. Everyone else follows the rules except for the rich.

Finally...training camp gets under way. Weird having such a shortened season. For those of you who were old enough,it reminds me of the lockout 1995 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"