2021 NFL - Some Fans Allowed?

Immortalfire

The Vectorman
Staff member
Reaction score
A few years ago we thought a lockout season was going to be weird, but this one is even weirder. Most teams aren't going to let fans in for early season games, if at all.

What are the questions that the 2020 football season brings us?

Time to win that third Super Bowl ring! I don't care if it's an empty stadium!

eJImNK1.gif

We need to see if it's even gonna last long. There were doubts before but if the other sports are still going we'll see.

Had tickets to the very first Las Vegas Raiders game... it's a bummer not to go, but maybe next year. It will be weird, but after watching the NBA without fans for a few games. I've kinda already adjusted to it. It especially helps with the fake crowd noise and music still playing.

When WWE first came back, they didn't have any fake crowd noise or anything, and now that was very awkward and weird.

If you don’t have fans, you really don’t have anything.

Reactions: B
Had tickets to the very first Las Vegas Raiders game... it's a bummer not to go, but maybe next year. It will be weird, but after watching the NBA without fans for a few games. I've kinda already adjusted to it. It especially helps with the fake crowd noise and music still playing.

When WWE first came back, they didn't have any fake crowd noise or anything, and now that was very awkward and weird.
That sucks. Hope you are able to make it tot he first game next season. And yeah, the noise basically makes it all work imo. When soccer came back in Europe, the first league that came back didn't have crowd noise. As it went on, the other leagues added it, and it just felt like watching a normal game after a while. Just you know, without the distracting crowd shots. :hehe:

That sucks. Hope you are able to make it tot he first game next season. And yeah, the noise basically makes it all work imo. When soccer came back in Europe, the first league that came back didn't have crowd noise. As it went on, the other leagues added it, and it just felt like watching a normal game after a while. Just you know, without the distracting crowd shots. :hehe:

I hope I am too man. Me and my wife planned it all out, already booked the flight/hotel/took off for work. But it is what it is! I'll just be happy watching a full season of the NFL at this point. I got the Sunday ticket this year, so I'll at least hopefully get to watch all the Raiders games.

Do you guys think the Bucs are getting over hyped, similar to the Browns last year? Or is it justified hype?

I hope I am too man. Me and my wife planned it all out, already booked the flight/hotel/took off for work. But it is what it is! I'll just be happy watching a full season of the NFL at this point. I got the Sunday ticket this year, so I'll at least hopefully get to watch all the Raiders games.

Do you guys think the Bucs are getting over hyped, similar to the Browns last year? Or is it justified hype?
A whole trip? Ah, that's worse then I realize. I hope it all works out, and I am glad you are excited about there being a season at all. :up:

I think the Bucs will be good. Do I think they are going to win the Super Bowl? No. I think they will probably make the playoffs, but I think they lose before Championship weekend.

are the nfl players/staffs doing the "bubble" like other sports? i haven't been following much of late

Was watching college games last night nobody in the stands had on masks.

are the nfl players/staffs doing the "bubble" like other sports? i haven't been following much of late
No, they are not. It sounds mostly like the baseball honor system.

That's... insane. It's going to be a long fall.

Certain NFL stadiums will have low capacity. I think the Cowboys & Falcons are doing that. I was watching a college game last night that had limited capacity. They said towards the end of the season they may allow more and open more stadiums, if all goes well.

Certain NFL stadiums will have low capacity. I think the Cowboys & Falcons are doing that. I was watching a college game last night that had limited capacity. They said towards the end of the season they may allow more and open more stadiums, if all goes well.
I just think this is a bad idea. Especially with the fall coming up. I guess we will see.

I'll be right there with you next season.

I'll be right there with you next season.

Yeah, if everything still permits next season, I'll be at the first game, for sure! But this season I'll just enjoy it from home. I'm really hoping Carr pulls it together this year... he has everything in his arsenal at this point. Plus hearing Mariota was not doing well in training camp... we really gotta hope he does something this year lol.

Do you guys think the people boycotting the NFL because of "political reasons" will actually damage their ratings that badly? I know the NBA has struggled here recently, but they may be bouncing back with the Rockets vs Lakers. I can't help but notice on many articles, tons and tons of people seem to be saying they are done with the NFL until it is just about football again. I guess they could be trolls/bots, but it seems they are on a decent amount if articles i read. Not trying to get into the political stuff... more about the ratings if anything.

Yeah, if everything still permits next season, I'll be at the first game, for sure! But this season I'll just enjoy it from home. I'm really hoping Carr pulls it together this year... he has everything in his arsenal at this point. Plus hearing Mariota was not doing well in training camp... we really gotta hope he does something this year lol.

Do you guys think the people boycotting the NFL because of "political reasons" will actually damage their ratings that badly? I know the NBA has struggled here recently, but they may be bouncing back with the Rockets vs Lakers. I can't help but notice on many articles, tons and tons of people seem to be saying they are done with the NFL until it is just about football again. I guess they could be trolls/bots, but it seems they are on a decent amount if articles i read. Not trying to get into the political stuff... more about the ratings if anything.
I'll be at the first game next season. Can't wait to go to the Death Star.

As far as the boycotting goes I don't think it will damage ratings too much if at all. In the short run it may hurt them but in the long run I think the NFL will be fine regardless what the players do.

Any drop in ratings can be attritbuted to more people switching online and watching Redzone. But yeah those who cry the most, are many of those who watch the most. They ain't going nowhere.

Can't believe the season starts this week.

Any predictions on the division winners and potential wildcard teams? Also this is the first season with 14 playoff teams, right?

20200907_210306.png My guesses. Probably way off. But I had fun thinking about it.

Green is Divisional winners, Red Wild Card.

Here's a blank if anyone wants to scribble on one. 1ef3e413fecad41ea25f60884fa0c3ba.png

The Steelers could perhaps makes some noise this year and be a Super Bowl contender, but it's this year or bust in my mind. Personally, I'm preparing myself for bad years coming up soon.

Nice with the visual aid Karelia. :D

AFC
1. Chiefs
2. Colts
3. Ravens
4. Patriots

5. Steelers
6. Titans
7. Raiders

NFC
1. Cowboys
2. Packers