2021 NFL - Some Fans Allowed?

Capt Bryan helmed it last year after I retired from it, but I don’t think he’s doing it this year.

I'm heartbroken I won't be able to use my usual season pass to see the bears. Haven't seen home games from home in years!

Black dudes always have to be seen as hard, that's the problem.

Black dudes always have to be seen as hard, that's the problem.
I haven't seen the whole thing, but in that clip I was waiting for him to say, "but Brett Favre played Monday night football after his dad died."

**** Skip Bayless:

For the most part, I tend to like Skip's more serious takes about things that are connected to a sport, but not really about the sport directly like this topic here as opposed to his regular spew about Tom Brady, Lebron James or Michael Jordan.

That being said, I don't agree with his overall take here at all. It's this sort of opinion that creates the stigma around mental health that forces many to keep it bottled up, particularly athletes in what you'd consider very 'manly' sports.

I think, despite the fact he pre-empts the audience that what he's about to say might not be what everyone wants to hear, he chose his overall words poorly on what he was trying to say. I don't believe he was intentionally being quite as dismissive of the issue as he comes across.

The crowd didn't phase me at all. It's nothing compared to watching a pro wrestling event on TV without fans. I kind of find fans irrelevant to the actual television broadcast.

Obviously the ticket sales are important as well as crowd noise for homefield advantage, but honestly it doesn't affect the broadcast much. Sports fans don't elevate the viewing experience. You barely see or hear them anyway. Well basketball you kinda do.

Skip Bayless made it bet... no he didn't.

Part of the crowd booing the stand against racism... yeah, maybe we don't need crowds at all.
I didn't notice that when watching. I thought it was a nice moment though.

As for Bayless, I'm not entirely surprised by the comments. It's worse but hardly that much different than the garbage Dion Sanders was spewing months ago about players opting out.

Acting like we need a bunch of mostly old white businessmen, who if the league folded tomorrow would be fine, are worth more than than the players. They're the only people who could possibly learn NFL rules and stand around blowing whistles. Oh wow so much more important than people that move merchandise and ticket sales.

Last edited:
Skip Bayless made it bet... no he didn't.

Don't really get the point of his response at all, he spoke for roughly a minute but didn't really say anything.. at least if that's all he said about it in the whole show.

Don't really get the point of his response at all, he spoke for roughly a minute but didn't really say anything.. at least if that's all he said about it in the whole show.
The point was to blame everyone else for his horribly backwards views. When your argument is, "I wasn't talking about that depression but the other depression and thus it's okay when I tell someone to man up, it's everyone else's fault for not understanding that".

Anyways, the game wasn't all that good, but watching Mahomes work was a treat. If the Chiefs go for it on 4th and short all season, they might go 19-0.

Reactions: B
It might not be nice to Texans fans, but Watson would have been better off not hitching his wagon to the organization. At least use your clout to see if you can get rid of Bill O'Brian as GM and Head Coach next season. Maybe talk to the owner about Eric Bieniemy.

I was (obviously) pulling for the Texans last night. Needless to say, disappointing. Not sure if the Chiefs are that great, or the Texans just that bad.

Also, the guy I was playing in Fantasy had Mahomes, Watkins, & the rookie RB.... got a huge chunk of points just off the three of them.

The season in not some lost cause for them but Watson is that dude and I hope gets what he needs to get over the hump. Obviously it would be nice if a real class organization had him like my Steelers....but let's not talk about self-serving pipe dreams.

The Colts obviously could use a guy who could set them up on long term but it's all moot anyway.

Josh Jacobs with the Hat Trick against Carolina #BASED

Ruggs looks like he's going to be special. Sucks he got a little banged up before the half. Jacobs is a beast. Defense.... oh boy, here we go again. Raiders play the Saints next week. It's gonna be rough.

Should have not started OBJ in fantasy. D.K. Metcalf sitting on my bench with 15 points...

The Raiders looked very good Sunday and Carr actually played very well. Although I am not surprised by Carr's playing considering his replacement is right there on the sidelines ready to go in at a moments notices. But our secondary actually looked pretty good. Hope we can keep it up for next week. Although it will be sad I was supposed to be at this game.

On a side note the Lions always try and find a way to make Trubisky look like an Pro-Bowl player.

The Raiders looked very good Sunday and Carr actually played very well. Although I am not surprised by Carr's playing considering his replacement is right there on the sidelines ready to go in at a moments notices. But our secondary actually looked pretty good. Hope we can keep it up for next week. Although it will be sad I was supposed to be at this game.

On a side note the Lions always try and find a way to make Trubisky look like an Pro-Bowl player.

When Swift dropped that game winning pass for the Lions... man I felt that.

Yeah, Carr played good. I think Ruggs is going to be a huge part of the passing game, from the looks of the first half. Mariota is hurt and going to be out for a few weeks. Also his training camp apparently was bad. Trust me, I'm harsh on Carr, even though I'm sporting his avatar lol. But if he can play as good as he did last week, I got no complaints. But if he starts to suck, let's see what Mariota can do when he's healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"