2022 World Cup Qatar

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
Draw:

6b24pk.jpg

Edit: for final three
6jsufz.jpg

Netherlands have a breeze out of their group.
England should too. US actually have a chance out of that same group.
Spain Germany in the same group is brutal.

Last edited:
I agree. I am usually "Go USA!", but our team is a mess. England should easily advance.

I agree. I am usually "Go USA!", but our team is a mess. England should easily advance.

US should advance too, but as a second place finisher. Then they'll get killed in the subsequent rounds.

US should advance too, but as a second place finisher. Then they'll get killed in the subsequent rounds.

Depends who wins that playoff place between Wales v Scotland/Ukraine. Wales or Ukraine would fancy their chances as well as Scotland, could be an interesting group and quite tight for second place.

espn- Qatar world-cup-director-warns....

So, just to paraphrase:
According to Major General Abdulaziz Abdullah Al Ansari director of the Department of International Cooperation and chairman of the National Counterterrorism Committee at the Ministry of Interior and senior leader overseeing security for the tournament at Qatar:

LGBTQ+ are all welcomed and accepted in Qatar, ...but it is illegal, and if you show support, or that you are LGBTQ+, you might just get arrested or murdered, and there's nothing he can do about that.

Last edited:
Still feels crazy that there is going to be a World Cup there.

Its a brutal draw for Japan.
Realistically, it is hard for us to get past Germany and Spain.

As long as we give them a good fight and not an easy one, it will be good enough for me

I'm hoping Canada can go 1-1-1, but they need to score a goal

Its a brutal draw for Japan.
Realistically, it is hard for us to get past Germany and Spain.

As long as we give them a good fight and not an easy one, it will be good enough for me
That’s the closest to a group of death with most groups not looking tough at all with the expanded number of teams (and also the likes of Italy not even there). Bad luck landing in that group, but putting up good performances against Germany and Spain regardless of result and winning the other game would be a good World Cup. Also neither Germany or Spain are at their best.

That’s the closest to a group of death with most groups not looking tough at all with the expanded number of teams (and also the likes of Italy not even there). Bad luck landing in that group, but putting up good performances against Germany and Spain regardless of result and winning the other game would be a good World Cup. Also neither Germany or Spain are at their best.

Yeah as long as we show a good performance like we did 4 years ago then it will more than enough. Considering this year squad is almost relatively new and young compared to the 2018 squad.

It still pains me that 4 years ago we almost had Belgium...if not for that last minute goal.

Speaking of the pain of last minute goal...

In 2006 we also lost to Australia in same fashion.
I remember at the time we really hate that Australia squad. Especially Tim Cahill ...whenever he scored a goal...he always made a provocative move by punching fist through the air. I really hate him at the time. Haha.

Thats the start of our rivalry with Australia. Especially after they moved to AFC so that we faced each other numerious times over the years. Including finally defeated them in 2011 AFC Asian Cup Finals.

Last edited:
Last minute goals are the worst, especially when you’ve been waiting for that tournament for 4 years.

Feels crazier that it will take place in November.
Yeah, only 6 months left! The European championships still feels really recent.

pretty pumped that US are playing England day after TG! national holiday. will never happen again unless we play them on july 4th or something.

Three spots still left:
  • Australia vs. UAE, vs. Peru)
  • Costa Rica (vs. New Zealand)
  • Peru (vs. Australia or UAE)
  • Scotland (vs. Ukraine, vs. Wales)
  • Ukraine (vs. Scotland, vs. Wales)
  • United Arab Emirates (vs. Australia, vs. Peru)
  • Wales (vs. Scotland or Ukraine)

Scotland vs. Ukraine - Football Match Summary - June 1, 2022 - ESPN
Scotland1--3Ukraine

Sun, Jun 5
  • Wales vs Ukraine
Tue, June 7
  • Australia vs UAE

June 13 /14
  • Costa Rica vs New Zealand
  • Peru vs winner of Round 4 AFC match
  • New Zealand vs Costa Rica

-----
Yesterday also kicked off several Amistosos leading towards Nov - International Friendly Scores and Fixtures - ESPN

Thr-Fri, June 2 -3

Japan
i
4 - 1
i
Paraguay FT Sapporo Dome, Sapporo, Japan N/A
South Korea
i
1 - 5
i
Brazil FT Seoul World Cup Stadium, Seoul, South Korea N/A
Cambodia
i
2 - 1
i
Timor-Leste FT N/A
Ecuador
i
1 - 0
i
Nigeria FT Red Bull Arena, Harrison N/A
Mexico
i
0 - 3
i
Uruguay

Sunday, June 5

Peru
i
1- 0
i
New Zealand 11:30 AM
Saudi Arabia
i
0 -1
i
Colombia 1:00 PM
Argentina
i
5 - 0
i
Estonia 2:00 PM
United States
i
0 - 0
i
Uruguay 5:00 PM FOX
Canada
i
v
i
Panama 7:00 PM

Mexico
i
0- 0
i
Ecuador 7:30 PM

Monday, June 6

Japan
i
0-1
i
Brazil 6:20 AM
South Korea
i
2-0
i
Chile 7:00 AM

Edited to add Sun scores :
Re: Edit to add Mon scores:

Last edited:
Still can't believe Canada is in.

A little awkward being the ones to have to take out Ukraine right now, yet Wales earn the spot into group B, just took 64 years to get back!

Last edited:
A little awkward being the ones to have to take out Ukraine right now, yet Wales earn the spot into group B, just took 64 years to get back!

Would have been great for Ukraine to get in with all their current problems, but if not then great to see Wales too after all this time. Especially will be good to see if Bale can bring his best on the world stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"