The Official Euro 2008 Thread

Greece lost the match to Spain,I seriously thought they would win. But they were defeated,Russia defeating Sweden surprised me a bit.

Russia looked pretty sharp tonight, Congrats to them, bad luck Sweden but that side is getting very old, they need to start grooming the next generation.

Yeah, we had the oldest team in this tournament. It's definitely time to give younger players the chance to play.

The Dutch received a hard blow today. The daughter of defender Khalid Bouhlarouz has died. She was born waaaay to early!

My condolances towards Khalid, his wife and their entire family!

The Dutch received a hard blow today. The daughter of defender Khalid Bouhlarouz has died. She was born waaaay to early!

My condolances towards Khalid, his wife and their entire family!

So sorry to hear that, Must hard on the family. RIP.:csad::csad:

Congrats Italia! :woot: Glad they got through but Toni is gonna have to get his act together, i couldn't believe how many chances he missed, it became like a running gag from a comedy movie by the end
Toni reminds me of... GILA!!! :eek: :eek: :mad: :down:

The Dutch are a juggernaut, they must be favourites right now, 9 changes and they still beat Romania comfortably.
I hope the Dutch continues on their 1st Round momentum. They're the best and most fun side to watch, imo.

France didn't have much luck tonight especially with the Ribery injury, but the team is to old and Henry is a spent force, Benzema and Ribery are the future and i am sure we'll see more of them leading a new French line up at WC 2010.
Was Italy's second goal ruled an OG? Henry helped, I think.

@ LadyVader
Romania failed to impress me yesterday. I dont like the 11 players-on-their-own-half type of play
I agree with you on that statement.

Ahem, I think Sweden will be somewhat of a suprise The only dangerous player is Ibrahimovich... he's so f'n deadly!
Sweden lost in the game of Russian Roulette. The Russians we impressive and I was happy to see them win and make it to the Quarter Finals. Ibra deadly? Not in that game, he wasnt. I'm still holding a grudge on him for leaving Juve when the team was releagated. :mad: :ninja:

Btw, Congrats to Germany for making it to the Semi-Finals!! In spite of having C. Ronaldo on their side, for some reason, I didn't think Portugal can win this tournament.

Some were holding out that Portugal would at least make it a tie,but Germany came back and beat them. There were plenty of disappointed Portuguese in the audience.

Holy.....:wow:

Turkey won?????

How the **** did that happen?....

Oh yeah the nref gave an extra 1 minute and 4 seconds on the end of extra time.

And now, for the first time in my life, i'm rooting for a German whitewash

God.... they've only had the lead in ALL their matches so far for a grand total of 2 minutes and they're in the Semi-finals:wow:

Only 4 seconds?

Strange.... the BBC TV commentators said it was 1:04 at least twice

*Scratches head in confusion*

That will explain why the Croatians relaxed so much as the Turkish had the free kick...

Why did the Ref add on the 4 seconds?

Ugh, the semis have not went well for me so far, I loathe Ballack and want to see Germany lose and they get through, then the 2nd most boring team in the competition get through in a shocker of an ending, it sucks that Holland, Spain and Italy are all in the same side of the draw so the final will definitely feature either Germany or Turkey. :csad:

I think ( but certainly not hope ) that the Dutch will probaly get eliminated in the semi-finals. If Italy beats Spain they'll be so bloody motivated :(

Turkey won, still cant believe that. Fricking ref...

I admit i've been rooting for the Dutch since the start, so i hope they go through...

and i really hope the Germans are good at stuffing turkey (Bad pun intended, Soz)

Spain for me :up:

I invested 40 Euro in this tournament.

I have already picked up on my Group Winners bet (20 on Spain, Holland, Croatia and Portugal to finish top) and I hope my other 20 has been well invested on Spain! I'm sure HR will know why I support Spain!:woot:

Anyway, I am devastated that Croatia went out. Arguably the best performers of the group stages, only second to Holland. So disappointed for Slavan Bilic. I am however perplexed at how Bilic continued with one up front when he had 3 solid strikers (Klasnic, Klacinic and Oilic). He should have gone for it from the get-go, Bilic's cautiousness has cost him dearly.

Yes, we've been avenged!

Well, besides the fact that the Netherlands kicked our butt... there's also the fact that I always root for the underdog. I was glad when Turkey won last night and I'm glad now. Glad, glad, GLAD. :)

Well...right now I have finally decided on which team to support...RUSSIA!!!

WTF?????

Russia?????

Damn.... The final will still be a Germany- Spain/Italy final though.... If either Turkey or Russia get into the final or, GOD FORBID, actually win i'll stop bothering watching the Euro championships

Russia were easily the better team tonight, Arsharvin owned the Dutch defense, i have no problem with them winning the whole thing. The Dutch just flat out choked.

WTF?????

Russia?????

Damn.... The final will still be a Germany- Spain/Italy final though.... If either Turkey or Russia get into the final or, GOD FORBID, actually win i'll stop bothering watching the Euro championships

Why ? Turkey i can understand, they are a very negative team, but Russia has played better football than Italy or Germany in the competition, and Arshavin is way more exciting than anyone playing on those 2 sides.

holland threw it away, they just didn't seem to care from what i saw of the match

Extremely random and possibly stupid question to post here, but I've really been enjoying watching these soccer games the past few days, and anyway...

What does it mean when a player scores a point and they run past the crowd with their finger pressed against their lips? Are they trying to shut the crowd up or something?

Extremely random and possibly stupid question to post here, but I've really been enjoying watching these soccer games the past few days, and anyway...

What does it mean when a player scores a point and they run past the crowd with their finger pressed against their lips? Are they trying to shut the crowd up or something?

Nope, football players are known for creating weird and unique football celebration...like doing a robot dance and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"