Official 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy Crap, way to be Pens. Great game.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!! SON OF A :cmad::angry::bomb::mad: . I can't believe it. The Red Wings should've won that game .

This is one tight OT...please Lord, don't let my stupid NBC affiliate cut the broadcast for something else like they did that one time.

I watched on CBC but my NBC affiliate is in Minnesota so I didn't expect them to cut it off for news or Leno. I'm sure in some states they cut the game.

Detroit.... what happened? Mere seconds away from celebrating and then they lose.

NHL Playoff Pool Standings:

1. Themanofbat - 110 Points
2. Showtime - 102 Points
... NewYorkspider - 102 Points
4. QueerMike - 100 Points
5. Fran - 90 Points
6. Victor Creed - 87 Points
7. slinger - 82 Points
....Immortalfire - 82 Points
9. Psycho Symbiote - 78 Points
10. Poeman - 73 Points

detroit_redwings.gif
vs
pittsburg_penguins.gif

NewYorkSpider - 1. Red Wings 2. Penguins 3. Penguins 4. Red Wings 5. Red Wings 6. Penguins 7. Red Wings
Psycho Symbiote - 1. Penguins 2. Penguins 3. Red Wings 4. Red Wings 5. Penguins 6. Red Wings 7. Penguins
Fran - 1. Red Wings 2. Red Wings 3. Penguins 4. Penguins 5. Red Wings 6. Penguins 7. Red wings
Themanofbat - 1. Penguins 2. Red Wings 3. Penguins 4. Penguins 5. Red Wings 6. Penguins
slinger - 1. Red Wings 2. Penguins 3. Red Wings 4. Penguins 5. Red Wings 6.Penguins 7. Red Wings
QueerMike - 1. Penguins 2. Red Wings 3. Red Wings 4. Red Wings 5. Red Wings
Immortalfire - 1. Penguins 2. Red Wings 3. Red Wings 4. Penguins 5. Penguins 6. Penguins
Showtime - 1. Red Wings 2. Penguins 3. Penguins 4. Red Wings 5. Red Wings 6. Red Wings

Well, looks like I "might" need a game 7 to take this...

What happens in the event of a tie?

Wait. Showtime would only recieve 6 points for the Red Wings game 6 victory. He would have recieved 8 points if he picked every game correctly. I'm pretty sure no one can catch Themanofbat.

A Red Wings victory tommorow would give Showtime 108 points. 2 points for picking game 6 and another 4 for picking the Red Wings in 6.

I'm a Pens fan but when it's all said and done the Pens owe that win to Fluery.

Damn those pens..damn them...well the wings just gotta win it at the igloo then..go wings go

Wait. Showtime would only recieve 6 points for the Red Wings game 6 victory. He would have recieved 8 points if he picked every game correctly. I'm pretty sure no one can catch Themanofbat.

A Red Wings victory tommorow would give Showtime 108 points. 2 points for picking game 6 and another 4 for picking the Red Wings in 6.

Yeah my math was bad. I guess I just wanted my fellow Canadian Themanofbat to lose. Well congrats.

What a fantastic game. Fleury deserves the Vezina based on the playoffs alone. He stood on his head and then some last night.

That was an awesome game yesterday. Penguins stole it. :)

Well, while I was just wanting the series to be over with... I hope the Pens can take it to 7 now...

:yay:

I'm a Pens fan but when it's all said and done the Pens owe that win to Fluery.

Fluery played the game of his career last night/this morning. If he plays like that in game 6 I say the series is going to a game 7. And if it goes 7 games my money is on the Pens to win the cup.

What about Sykora calling his shot? Way to step up a notch Petr!

Well, while I was just wanting the series to be over with... I hope the Pens can take it to 7 now...

Well i'm still going with the redwings although i know Penguins have a very good chance still. :whatever:

Honestly, I'd like the kids to win the Cup, but I expected them to get blown away by a more veteran team, very much like the 1983 Oilers got schooled by the Islanders...

Every minute this Final goes further and further will only strengthen this Penguin club... I can see a few greedy players leaving in a few years, but the smart ones will take less money over long term (akin to Calgary's Iginla, Kipprusoff, Phaneuf & Regher) and win more Cups. Crosby, Staal, Fleury & Dupuis can make this team very good for many years, and if Hossa & Malkin can take less money to stay, then they'll just be that much better.

The Tampa Bay Lightning announced Tuesday John Tortorella will not return next season as the team's head coach.

The decision comes after the Lightning finished last in the Southeast Division at 31-42-9, missing the postseason for the first time in five years. Tampa Bay recorded just 71 points, tied with Los Angeles for the lowest total in the NHL.

"This has been a very difficult decision because of everything that John Tortorella has meant to and done for this organization," general manager Jay Feaster said in a statement. "Torts came to Tampa and not only built the foundation under our club but he also changed the culture and raised the expectations, eventually leading us to the Stanley Cup in 2004. What he accomplished during his tenure in Tampa was nothing short of remarkable and our organization will always owe him our thanks, gratitude and deep respect."

Tortorella, who had one year remaining on his contract, coached eight seasons with the Lightning, leading the team to its first Stanley Cup championship in 2004.

Voted winner of the 2004 Jack Adams Award as the National Hockey League's top coach, he established franchise records that season with 46 wins and 106 points. A 16-year coaching veteran, he became the team's fourth head coach in 2001, replacing Steve Ludzik.

Former Los Angeles Kings coach turned ESPN broadcaster Barry Melrose has long been rumoured to be a candidate for the position.

Tortorella had a 239-222-36-38 record during his eight years with the Lightning.

:whatever: If it is Melrose then they've gone back to the Circus franchise they once were in the 1990s.

Well, if gives the Leafs options now with either Wilson or Torts...

I'd think Tortorella would be a better fit in TO...

Fluery played the game of his career last night/this morning. If he plays like that in game 6 I say the series is going to a game 7. And if it goes 7 games my money is on the Pens to win the cup.

What about Sykora calling his shot? Way to step up a notch Petr!

tonight is the decision. I hope Fluery continues to dominate the net. Initially I figured this contest would come down to most shots on goal, and Fluery has made it seem like the Pens still have a shot.

Yeah DVE was all over Sykora. I cant believe he made it happen.

Well, if gives the Leafs options now with either Wilson or Torts...

I'd think Tortorella would be a better fit in TO...

He would destroy the "Toronna" media.

Torts or Pat Burns for Ottawa.

Maybe Wilson got a text saying Tampa was open and that's why he left Toronto without signing the contract. I'd rather go to Tampa then Toronto.

I thought Wilson was already a done deal in Toronto? Thats what ESPN said..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"