2007 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Ottawa is snapping the streak by winning the Cup!

*Ottawa will snap the streak if they win the Cup!

Congratulations, slinger. You just jinxed your team.

I'd rather root for the Ducks to win it... I like Giguere, and I almost always root for the team that beats mine.

I think I took part in jinxing the Wings by saying Game 7 was inevitable, so good one, slinger.

NYS, at least get a new logo...

nhl_ducks_vertlogo_46641.gif

Yeah. Looks a lot better than that s****y Mighty Ducks logo.

*Ottawa will snap the streak if they win the Cup!

Congratulations, slinger. You just jinxed your team.

I'd rather root for the Ducks to win it... I like Giguere, and I almost always root for the team that beats mine.

I always want the team that eliminates my team to lose in the next round. You grow to hate them and all of a sudden you're rooting for them?

They had Governor Arnold on CBC with Don Cherry, quite the site to see.

I only hate Pronger.

I just don't get why California teams have a hockey team... do they ever see snow? :huh:

Part of me wants the Ducks to win.

Part of me wants the Sens to win.

Go Ducks! Go Sens! End this season in 4 games!

I'm really a Flyers fan. I really live in Pennsylvania but only root for one Pennsylvanian team. I guess i'm a mystery.:huh: :csad:

I only hate Pronger.

I just don't get why California teams have a hockey team... do they ever see snow? :huh:

Northern California does. Then there's Big Bear mountain.

Btw, I'm the only one in the world who loved The Mighty Ducks :up: I hate the name change. Bring back the quack attack! :cmad:

Just 523,000 households in U.S. watch Stanley Cup final opener

NEW YORK (AP) - Anaheim's 3-2 victory over Ottawa in the opener of the Stanley Cup final got a 0.72 cable rating on Versus and was watched in just 523,000 households in the United States.

The rating was down 18 per cent from Carolina's 5-4 victory over Edmonton in last year's opener, which received a 0.88 cable rating (611,000 homes) on OLN, as the same network was known then.

This year's game had a 1.7 cable rating in Los Angeles (95,000 households), Versus' best NHL rating in that market. The game had a 0.7 cable rating in Chicago, 0.6 in Boston and 0.3 in New York, but had a 3.9 in Buffalo, 2.2 in Denver and 2.0 in Pittsburgh.

Game 1 averaged 2,608,000 viewers on CBC, down 14 per cent from last year.

Versus, which is available to 72 million homes, also was slated to televise Game 2 Wednesday night, with the remainder of the series on NBC.
Posted May 30, 2007 at 7:23 PM ET

Do whatever it takes to get the NHL back on ESPN, ESPN 2 or even ESPN Classic (more people would watch it on that.)

Oh and the Sens packed it in after the first.
Emery played one of his best games ever and they didn't get the lucky bounces or decent chances. Terrible play by everyone.

Of the 266 teams that have been down 0-2 in an NHL playoff series, only 37 have come back to win.

I agree, we need ESPN back. Seriously.

I want NHL on ESPN back because I miss Gary Thorne's beautiful voice calling the play. :csad:

ESPN will cover a freakin spelling bee, but not the Stanley Cup? :whatever:

ESPN will cover a freakin spelling bee, but not the Stanley Cup? :whatever:

Gary Bettman felt insulted by the deal ESPN offered after the lockout and went to a slightly better deal which promised him more games and pre/post game coverage. OLN or Versus was supposed to grow and it hasn't, so all you hear are how American fans can't watch a playoff game.

But the rest will be on NBC but heaven forbid if the game goes into OT.

Man, won't be able to watch that or my Pistons. :csad:

Senators rebound to beat Ducks in Game 3
Canadian Press

6/2/2007 11:33:20 PM

OTTAWA (CP) - A disputed goal by Daniel Alfredsson and a gift for Dean McAmmond in a 2:20 span of the second period gave the Ottawa Senators new life in the Stanley Cup final with a 5-3 victory over the Anaheim Ducks in Game 3 Saturday night.

Anaheim leads the best-of-seven series 2-1 with Game 4 set for Monday night at Scotiabank Place.

Alfredsson's goal stood up after a long video review after he reached back with a skate to redirect Wade Redden's point shot past Jean-Sebastien Giguere to tie the game 3-3 at 16:14. The goal was initially waved off, but replay officials saw otherwise.

"I felt it was a goal all along," said Alfredsson, who hadn't recorded a point since Game 5 of the Eastern Conference final against Buffalo. "To me, it felt like I never kicked the puck. I never lifted my foot.

"I was confident it was going to be goal. At the same time you never know, but it felt like a goal."

Ducks head coach Randy Carlyle wasn't so sure.

"Obviously the league felt it wasn't kicked in," said Carlyle. "Simple as that. Sometimes those things go for you. That one went against us.

"We felt there was a kicking motion from our point of view. But I haven't really reviewed the replay from a bunch of different angles. They make the call and you have to live with it."

McAmmond then saw his centring pass accidentally knocked into the net by an errant Pronger clearing as the sell-out crowd of 20,500 went wild.

The goals highlighted a gripping match in which the two teams traded momentum in each period, with Anaheim dominating early in each of the first two period and Ottawa clawing back late.

After being held to two goals in the first two games in the series, the Senators showed more life than the Ducks, especially on the forecheck.

"The first two game we didn't have our legs," Senators forward Chris Kelly told CBC. "For us to be successful we need to get in the forecheck and in the their zone, and I thought we did better job tonight."

Anton Volchenkov's goal 8:22 into the final period after some dogged work by Ottawa's checking line made it 5-3 and sealed the victory.

A nasty third period saw McAmmond dazed by a Chris Pronger forearm shiver and a melee broke out after Ryan Getzlaf cross-checked Ottawa's Chris Neil.

Senators coach Bryan Murray said he wasn't told why Pronger wasn't penalized on the hit that knocked McAmmond out of the game with a head injury.

"They told me to go stand behind the bench," said Murray. "That was the explanation, pretty much.

"I guess I've been around too long, nobody listens to me anymore. I didn't get any explanation."

Mike Fisher also scored and Neil celebrated the birth of his daughter on Friday with his first goal since the opening game of the first round against Pittsburgh.

"He came in this morning, we knew he didn't get a lot of sleep," Kelly told CBC. "He was on cloud nine, his first girl. For him to score that first goal was definitely big."

Andy McDonald scored in the first, while linemates Getzlaf and Corey Perry had goals in the second for Anaheim. The Perry-Getzlaf-Dustin Penner line now has 35 points in 19 playoff games.

The first Stanley Cup final game in Ottawa in 80 years saw the Senators skate out to their loudest crowd of the playoffs thus far.

There was plenty of energy, but also a case of nerves as Ray Emery needed to make a big glove save off Penner from the low slot only two minutes into the game.

McDonald scored on a power play goal at 5:39 when he was set up alone in front by Teemu Selanne to beat Emery, who had lost his stick, with a wrist shot inside the right post.

It was the first power-play goal allowed by Ottawa in nine attempts in the series.

Ottawa stepped up the pressure late in the period and Neil was on the doorstep to bang Chris Kelly's pass just over the line to tie it at 16:10.

Perry came out from behind the net to slide one between Emery's pads 5:20 into the second period, but Fisher got it back 27 seconds later when he deflected Volchenkov's point shot.

Getzlaf pounded a big rebound from the slot past Emery at 12:22 for a 3-2 lead.

McAmmond did not return after the Pronger hit 2:03 into the third period. The team said he had a head injury. Pronger was suspended for Game 4 of the Western Conference final for ramming Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom's head into the glass.

Notes: With Chris Kunitz's return after missing seven games with a broken finger, Drew Miller sat out for Anaheim. Kunitz only lasted until the second period before leaving with a lower body injury. .. Ottawa made no changes from its Game 2 lineup. .. Surviving members of the Montreal Canadiens team that won five straight Cups from 1956 to 1960 received a nice ovation when introduced on the scoreboard in the first period. They were honoured by the NHL at a dinner Friday night. Art Ross trophy winner Sidney Crosby, Rocket Richard winner Vincent Lacavalier and Jennings winners Manny Fernandez and Niklas Backstrom sat with them. .. Russell Williams, a 99-year-old fan who watched the Senators win the Cup in 1927, was given a standing ovation when introduced in the second period.

I'm guessing the Canadian media will pressure the NHL to suspend Pronger one game, again :whatever: .

Great game, Ottawa fights to get back into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"