8.11 - Legion - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just about every character from Smallville ripped from the comics has a similar if not almost exact origin. Having Doomsday who is essentially older than the Kryptonians, thousands of generations old built on death and destruction, be a bartender in any way shape or form makes absolutely no sense.

Is is still that difficult, after all these years, for you to grasp the concept of this show? Really?

How about watching the actual episodes before you declare that the character makes no sense. In your personal concept of Doomsday, it might not make sense, but in the context of this show and the storyline it's presenting, it will.

daymn man he is NOT i mean NOT bartender

he is paramedic and we still don't know much about his backstory on the show so just WAIT for a while

after years of many fans begging for the TAS legion episode to be adapted for Smallville, THEY BETTER F'N GET IT RIGHT!!!!

To make it clear, since it obviously isnt; I'm awarehe's a paramedic, not a bartender. However, there should be pretty much no difference between the two. In fact, I'm a little more off about him being someone who saves lives and such, instead of a bartender who spends their life selling people poison that kills them.

But hey, keep saying over and over "you dont know what its going to be like " and"hes a paramedic not a bartender!!!!" over and over, and I'll keep giving myself the benifit of the doubt. They've screwed up enough things in this show, I can't wait for the Legion to come and one of them falls in love wiht Lois and makes it turn into a love triangle between him her and Clark. It would go along perfectly with the Jimmy Chloe Doomsday triangle.

^^ He's trolling by repeating the same crap just to piss people off. I guess people that whine about a show "screwing" so many things but keep watching it after 7 years have too much time available.

Yeah, cause one hour of my week is "too much time available"

I cant wait for the episode, i really hope they pick cosmic boy, lighting lad, saturn girl, and brainiac 5 to be the characters appearing.

How bout everyone just kind of push this "Doomsday" to the side and focus on the fact that we are getting a Legion of Superheroes episode written by Geoff f***in' JOHNS!!!

^^^ 100% agree

and souless seems more like a troll who is sounding like broken record already

dude u made your point now MOVE ON topic is about Legion of superheroes not about doomsday

anyway i m curious that if in this episode LOS will call clark superman ????

Yea i have high hopes for this epsiode and it should be good with having geoff johns writing the episode. As for legion members in the episode i would love for it to be saturn girl, lighting lad, brainiac 5, and cosmic boy. Man i sure hope cw shells out some extra cash for the episode and would be sweet if it was a 2 hr episode.

just make it a feature film already...although knowing the trend. legion in smallville now, WB will commission a script for a film in december ;)

How bout everyone just kind of push this "Doomsday" to the side and focus on the fact that we are getting a Legion of Superheroes episode written by Geoff f***in' JOHNS!!!

EXACTLY!

Anyone still hung up on the Doomsday thing should take it to the appropriate thread. The GREAT thing about this is Johns pitched the episode to the Smallville people b/c he WANTED to do it. Its not like this was the SV people's idea and they asked him. This is one of the best comic writers in the past 2 decades asking to do an episode of the show and them working it out so he can. Very exciting stuff, cant wait to see what they do with it. I'm guessing Episode 9 will likely be the last one before Xmas break, if you go by last year's schedule

interesting thought, although I doubt they will. It would sort of ruin his evolution into Superman if he knows ahead of time thats what people will call him. Would be cool though if they have one of them almost slip and call him that, and Clark does a "What?" or something

i could see one member start to call him superman but then another stops him.

i had doubts about this season, but i'll watch for this episode

interesting thought, although I doubt they will. It would sort of ruin his evolution into Superman if he knows ahead of time thats what people will call him. Would be cool though if they have one of them almost slip and call him that, and Clark does a "What?" or something

They could say something like: 'you will be really super, Clark'..... :woot:

I doubt they're going to go as far as the Legion episode from The Animated Series, showing Clark (and the audience) peeks at the 30th Century, Clark in the costume, and referring to the name "Superman."

i would totally love if they free kara and she goes to the future.

Yea true but it would be a good way to have her return and then a logical reason for where she is for the rest of the series.

Yea it would be a prime thing to have them come rescue kara she gets attrached to B5(if he appears) and then she decides to go with them to the future were she would be better suited then living in current time and all that.

'twould make a lot of sense and wrap her story up nicely. Plus, she'd get to hang out with some peers.

Maybe they'll give him a flight ring so he can finally fly.

Or maybe they'll pretend to but will give him a dud. He'll fly. Placebo effect. No more mental block.

I can not wait for this episode I think it will be great. Although I still think that SV could have done a whole season with him and the Legion and gotten away with it.

It seems like they are looking for "spin offs" because if they end Smallville this Season with Clark becoming Superman & then have the Legion come back for Clarks help once again & voila

I think the Legion should work better then the Justice League because this was who Clark Kent was hanging around at this time of his life and with Johns writing this episode I don't see how they could go wrong. IMO this is how the season should have started and where Clark could have gotten the proper training to becoming Superman much like how he did in Legion of Super-Heroes.

I wonder if Oliver is going to get jealous that Clark is going to start hanging around with a new group of super friends & not the Justice League :woot:

i could see one member start to call him superman but then another stops him.

Yeah I was thinking along those lines as well. Curious to see what the Legions super hero outfits will look like along with Clark's reaction to them.

Really looking forward to this episode.

^^^ 100% agree

and souless seems more like a troll who is sounding like broken record already

dude u made your point now MOVE ON topic is about Legion of superheroes not about doomsday

I could see it happening where the whole group, including Clark is talking, and maybe someone (B5?) says something like, "Listen up, Supes.." and immediately getting "shut the hell up" looks from the other members. I think that'd be a funny, little nod. o

Yea it will be neat if we do see them in costumes when they first arrive in the past and then rest of the episode wear 21st century earth cloths. But if they really dont want to blow their budget with getting costumes which will more then likely be simular in style to the justice league's outfits i could see them opting to just be in normal wear and then we see them with the legion flight rings and maybe some shots of legion belt buckles.

I could see it happening where the whole group, including Clark is talking, and maybe someone (B5?) says something like, "Listen up, Supes.." and immediately getting "shut the hell up" looks from the other members. I think that'd be a funny, little nod. o

That would be good, very funny.

They have to be in awe of him because of what they have been taught and read about in their history lessons. It will be very cool to see how they deal with that when they actually meet him in person. And Clark's reactions are going to be good as well.

This episode has a lot of potential..hope it goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"