8.11 - Legion - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have gifs of this episode? A wallpaper too either would be great, I loved this ep!

^^ They seem to love having Lana and Chloe playing a bigger part than they should in Clark becoming Superman, maybe it has something to do with keeping the actresses' egos satisfied, maybe is just for more drama, who knows what goes behind the scenes.

Which is pissing me off, the key players in Superman development in the mythology are

Jor-EL & Lara - they sent Kal-EL to Earth on a mission to bring hope and inspiration .

Jonathan & Martha Kent - They the moral compass to Superman's character

Lois Lane - She introduced the world to Superman , and during the course of her relationship with both Clark & Superman (Pre-secret revealed) she was his lighting rod (Secret revealed/Marriage) she became his inner strength .

Lana has no place in Clark becoming The Man Of Steel , And Chole shouldn't either .

Jonathan & Martha Kent - They the moral compass to Superman's character.

I do think killing Johnathon was a huge mistake for the show, that being said they started making his character less important in Season 4(another mistake). I much rather they use him as Clark's moral compass then Chloe(like they did Season 5-7). There is a huge difference of a guy who is in his 40's telling Clark how to life is then a girl who is the exact same age as Clark who really hasn't experienced life to the degree of Johnathon

Lana has no place in Clark becoming The Man Of Steel , And Chole shouldn't either .

What Lana always represented, and what she has kind of stopped representing, is the life Clark could have had, had he been normal. That should never change. And that's how she should end up... basically the next generation's Martha Kent. The stand up wife of a noble farmer.

Chloe's alright, just as long as she's dealt with before the first true super outing, and isn't left as some dangling loose thread at the end.

^^ They seem to love having Lana and Chloe playing a bigger part than they should in Clark becoming Superman, maybe it has something to do with keeping the actresses' egos satisfied, maybe is just for more drama, who knows what goes behind the scenes.

Seriously, yes. I can barely deal with Lana's 'importance' let alone some non existent character Chloe.

This has to be one of my all-time favorite episodes. I've been staying away from spoilers this season and was blown away when the Legion showed up. It felt like the writers were ribbin' on Miles/Gough w/ some of the dialoge which made me LOL. This is shaping up as the best season ever IMHO. I'll definitely will be picking this season up on BlueRay when it's released. :)

I wonder if they will release there other seasons in blue ray, I don't have it just wonder.

Except they both do - on this show at least.

The truth is sometimes painful, but it's still the truth.

Except they both do - on this show at least.

The truth is sometimes painful, but it's still the truth.

I would agree (sadly) that Chloe does have stuff to deal with Clark becoming Superman, she was his sidekick/mentor all wrapped into one from Seasons 5-7.

Lana on the other hand did nothing but make Clark whiney and depressed

I'm very surprised how the season is holding up without Lex. I think they have done a miraculous job.

I'm very surprised how the season is holding up without Lex. I think they have done a miraculous job.

To be honest, other then flashes here and there, the Lex character was misused Seasons 6+7.

And yet.. he loved her deeply. I'll stick with Clark on this one - I respect his instincts.

Considering how Clark has been written at times on this show, I question his judgements at times.

Last edited:
To be honest, other then flashes here and there, the Lex character was misused Seasons 6+7.

:confused:

I would disagree, for the most part. 6 and 7 took Lex off the fence of woobiness and revealed to the audience his without-a-doubt true capacity for treachery and manipulation - not to mention... murder.

Before Michael left the series as a regular, I'm glad they went there and gave us that more definitive side to Lex.

I love to watch him strut. :D

ll331em9.gif

(thanks to KalKai).

Considering how Clark has been written at times on this show, I question his judgements at times.

Well, everyone's entitled to an opinion on what actually happens on the screen, but that doesn't change it.

I may not care for Chloe, or a lot of how she's been utilized on this show, but I don't try to pretend that she isn't Clark's BFF who would likely lay down her life for him. And as much as I'm a fan of Lana, I don't try to fool myself into thinking that Clark isn't developing real feelings for Lois (who I also like).

I think Lex's character arc was done impressively. Watching him grow up gaining power was something I enjoyed in the series. Then watching him kill his own father really set the bar of how evil he had become.

yea lex had a great run during the series, many highlights a few fumbles here and there. But his journy to darkness was great. I do hope michael does return for series finale like he has stated in recent interview that is the only way he will return plus to wear bald cape. As for bluray i thought the series has started being released on bluray, i could have swore i seen pics of bluray covers.

I would disagree, for the most part. 6 and 7 took Lex off the fence of woobiness and revealed to the audience his without-a-doubt true capacity for treachery and manipulation - not to mention... murder.

Lexana, then the beginning arc of Lexara in Season 7 made him look like a lovesick puppy.

Fantastic episode, sooooooo good to have this show back on the air!

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Lana needs to croak.

yea lex had a great run during the series, many highlights a few fumbles here and there. But his journy to darkness was great. I do hope michael does return for series finale like he has stated in recent interview that is the only way he will return plus to wear bald cape. As for bluray i thought the series has started being released on bluray, i could have swore i seen pics of bluray covers.

Season 7 has been released on Blu-Ray and I'm still on the fence if I want to shell out 80 bucks for it. However, regardless of the price I'll definitely get Season 8 when it's released.:woot:

I've loved the series so far, but this episode was a big disappointment for me.

Aside from the appearance of the Legion and the incredibly plain fan service, this episode offered nothing that we hadn't seen before.

Chloe had Brainiac removed for a second time, (but no this time is for good!!!) retconning all the good work done in the last few episodes and making them pointless.

Chloe has her memory back (why lose it in the first place then?) and we get some vague hints about legacies (sp) and destiny which we've had from Dur'El since season 4.

As for the cheap fanboy pops. Well they're as lazy as the old wrestling technique of praising or debasing the town you're wrestling in. A good episode they do not make.

Everytime Clark meets up with actual superheroes, I'm reminded of what a huge wuss he is at this point of his "career".

Everytime Clark meets up with actual superheroes, I'm reminded of what a huge wuss he is at this point of his "career".

kind of also shows what huge wusses the other heroes are too(MM being the only real stand up hero I've seen on the show, JL hasn't really cut it so far, and the Legion is a single serving), makes clark look twice as bad.

I just have no idea what more needs to happen to him before he decides that the whole world is worthy of his assistance; not just Kansas :whatever:

Clark was better than the Legionnaires on making the right call, not giving up hope.... another thing is not flying or using "tights", but that will happen once he becomes Superman, which is by the end of the series unfortunately. That's why I think it should end this season, but it seems there's going to be a S9, so one more year for Clark to be Supes. :whatever:

Producers might even toss out the famous credo of "Smallville" - "no tights, no flights."

"It's a possibility," Peterson says, "we may bend that rule."

Still, don't expect a wholesale makeover. "Once you break that rule you're in Superman territory, and that's not what the show is about. It's about a boy deciding to become a hero."

He may become a hero fairly soon, however. Peterson isn't sure whether this is the last season of "Smallville" or not, and hints that decision may determine how far down the comic-book path the show goes.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01112009/tv/smallville_grows_up_149424.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"