Across the Spider-Verse Across The Spider-Verse Spoiler Discussion

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
Go at it web-slingers! Spoil to your hearts desire.

One thing that didnt make full sense is...if breaking the 'canon' causes an Earth to collapse....wouldn't Miles being bit by the spider AND being the cause of his Earths Spiderman to die...REALLY cause his Earth to collapse?

One thing that didnt make full sense is...if breaking the 'canon' causes an Earth to collapse....wouldn't Miles being bit by the spider AND being the cause of his Earths Spiderman to die...REALLY cause his Earth to collapse?
Same with Earth-42 where the spider came from and Miles is Prowler.

After the Donald Glover cameo I'm hoping there's a chance we see Tobey, Andrew and Tom in Beyond the Spider-Verse. Hell, throw Tom Hardy in there too since Spot paid a visit to his universe.

Great movie but I didn't like the cliffhanger ending. Would have been great if Ben Reilly had a bigger role and they should give him his own indroduction. It was fun to see references to many things. I didn't expect to see the Uncle Ben dying scene from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 game.

All I could think about the entire third act was Rio Morales is about to be back on the market in 2 days. Never rooted harder against the protagonists heading into the grand finale than at the end let me tell you. :hilarious:

my main question there was... wasn't him losing his uncle already his "canon" event? (and vice-versa with with 42's Mile's and his father?)

and since when do Spider-men work under Highlander rules "there can only be one..." there was a good chance that Peter Parker was going to die either way... it wasn't because someone else gained spider-powers in that same universe

Hobie and Gwen make sense.

Here's something I've been thinking:

So every Spider-Man has to go through these canon events. If they don't, their universe collapses.

Well, there was already A Spider-Man in Miles' earth. I'm assuming he already went through these canons before he died, or else his earth would've been doomed. And if he did, then why Miles breaking these canons would matter? According to Miguel, he wasn't even supposed to be a Spider-Man in the first place. So why would the canon events affect him?

Same with Earth-42 where the spider came from and Miles is Prowler.

After the Donald Glover cameo I'm hoping there's a chance we see Tobey, Andrew and Tom in Beyond the Spider-Verse. Hell, throw Tom Hardy in there too since Spot paid a visit to his universe.
That would be huge!! After the success of NWH they should (obviously not exactly a straightforward thing to arrange).

That would be huge!! After the success of NWH they should (obviously not exactly a straightforward thing to arrange).
For all we know they could have already shot stuff with them at the same time as NWH. It's simple really since it's all greenscreen, all they need are the suits.

For all we know they could have already shot stuff with them at the same time as NWH. It's simple really since it's all greenscreen, all they need are the suits.
Would be great if they were all up for it and signed on then and there. I imagine they would all be interested in supporting it.

Nice little thing I liked was Miles got a B+ in Spanish for skipping classes and Gwen got a B+ in English also for skipping classes.

Would be great if they were all up for it and signed on then and there. I imagine they would all be interested in supporting it.
I think they'd be up for it especially with how much they were enjoying the reception they got in NWH. Plus it would be an easy paycheck.

I think they'd be up for it especially with how much they were enjoying the reception they got in NWH. Plus it would be an easy paycheck.
Yep, also they all seem quite chilled out, pleasant chaps unlike some Hollywood egos, as well as being proud of being associated with the Spider-Man world. Whatever I thought of the individual films, I loved all 3 live action Spider-Men we got.

Yep, also they all seem quite chilled out, pleasant chaps unlike some Hollywood egos, as well as being proud of being associated with the Spider-Man world. Whatever I thought of the individual films, I loved all 3 live action Spider-Men we got.
Andrew and Tom are basically human puppy dogs but I've read some not so nice stories about Tobey, hopefully he's changed since then.

Andrew and Tom are basically human puppy dogs but I've read some not so nice stories about Tobey, hopefully he's changed since then.
Oh hadn't heard that, shame if so. The youth pastor version we got in NWH seemed like he wouldn't/couldn't hurt a fly.

I really hope they address in the third one that Spider-Man, no matter what universe it is, would not let someone die if they can help it. That’s not who the character is

All I could think about the entire third act was Rio Morales is about to be back on the market in 2 days. Never rooted harder against the protagonists heading into the grand finale than at the end let me tell you. :hilarious:
Lmao haha…. Rio got it going on.

They mentioned being able to repair the damage done even though they're not always successful. So presumably, they were able to fix Miles' universe and Earth 42.

The action, art and animation is great, but I'm finding that the number one thing I keep going back to are the Miles/Rio and Gwen/Cpt Stacy scenes.

I mean this is when you know you got a damn good movie, when these scenes are working. Rio admitting her difficulty in letting go of her boy is something any parent or heck kid can understand. And Gwen and Captain Stacy, damn. On one hand anyone who's read the Spider-Gwen comics should be thrilled at how well they adapted this. It's incredible. The fact they put in the "mask is my badge" line was just chef's kiss. Plus if you're a dad of a girl, there's just something so poignant about their relationship that hell I can't help but want to have relationship like that with my daughter.

Just a marvelous movie.

The action, art and animation is great, but I'm finding that the number one thing I keep going back to are the Miles/Rio and Gwen/Cpt Stacy scenes.

I mean this is when you know you got a damn good movie, when these scenes are working. Rio admitting her difficulty in letting go of her boy is something any parent or heck kid can understand. And Gwen and Captain Stacy, damn. On one hand anyone who's read the Spider-Gwen comics should be thrilled at how well they adapted this. It's incredible. The fact they put in the "mask is my badge" line was just chef's kiss. Plus if you're a dad of a girl, there's just something so poignant about their relationship that hell I can't help but want to have relationship like that with my daughter.

Just a marvelous movie.
Those relationships were so well handled and add to the stakes for the final film. I just want a happy ending for them all. :waa:

Is anyone else listening to Daniel Pemberton's score? Lawd this score is absolutely FANTASTIC. Best movie score of the year thus far.

Duude. Daniel Pemberton outdid himself with this one. I'm a sucker for synth, so the heavy usage of it for this film is right up my alley. The returning cues all sound great and all the new themes are kickass, particularly 2099's. But my absolute favorite is Gwen's theme. It's so good that I feel like it HAS to be part of her movie if it's true she's getting one.

Exceptional work.

Duude. Daniel Pemberton outdid himself with this one. I'm a sucker for synth, so the heavy usage of it for this film is right up my alley. The returning cues all sound great and all the new themes are kickass, particularly 2099's. But my absolute favorite is Gwen's theme. It's so good that I feel like it HAS to be part of her movie if it's true she's getting one.

Exceptional work.
Are there rumours of her getting her own film?! Wow, that would be amazing! So many great characters in these films but she's my favourite.

It was well done, I had forgot they planned on splitting the story. Great cliffhanger end, I did have a feeling he was tossed in the wrong universe. The him being Prowler was an easy guess but it was well done with music and intensity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"