• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5x010 "Past Life" Discussion Thread

It would probably be May that would become the new head of Coulson's team or maybe they could get Cobie Smulders back as Maria Hill.

I would hope so but they already try to force Daisy down everyone's throats + Coulson telling her "I taught you to lead"

I don't think it was obvious, but they laid proper groundwork so we could figure it out ourselves. It was certainly my main theory, but only because it was the most dramatically interesting theory.

How could there have been more than one Yo Yo anyways? If they plucked Yo Yo from one timeline wouldn't that have eliminated her from all timelines then?

How could there have been more than one Yo Yo anyways? If they plucked Yo Yo from one timeline wouldn't that have eliminated her from all timelines then?

It's the same timeline. She went back in time at the end of this episode. When they fail to stop the Earth from shattering, she ends up on the Lighthouse. She then tries to attack Kassius and fails and is occasionally resurrected by him when he needs to know something from the past.

It's the same timeline. She went back in time at the end of this episode. When they fail to stop the Earth from shattering, she ends up on the Lighthouse. She then tries to attack Kassius and fails and is occasionally resurrected by him when he needs to know something from the past.

Yo Yo is not just resurrected for information. She is the source of Kassius's inhumans. She is resurrected when Kassius needs more inhumans breed. It is Kassius's money maker and way to hopefully improve his social status.

I did not like the Mack beat down. It felt staged. Yo Yo should have been in the fight. She has super speed and left the other Elena before the Kree arrived.

That's not really how her powers work though. She snaps back to her original point after moving at super speed. Her power wouldn't have helped her get there any quicker.

So if they do "let" Coulson die, and they get a 6th season, are they going to shoehorn Daisy in as the head of SHIELD then? :(

If Coulson dies than fans will be unhappy. And not watch the show anymore. If season 5 is the last season like some suspect. Than have Coulson live, retire somewhere with May, while Daisy is put in charge of SHIELD.

Yo Yo could've just told Yo Yo what causes everything.....

Last edited:
Coulson has been trying to step down since last season. If not longer. Last season he mentioned to Daisy that he wanted her as Director, and who better to be the new face of SHIELD than an Inhuman. Then we got Mace. With Mace gone, he's back to relying on Daisy as his successor.

Him dying will be full circle to a series end. It was likely the plan all along. With the series almost not getting renewed for this season, I'm sure they decided to really get that ball in motion when writing began for season 5. Believing season 5 would be it's last.

Kill off Phil. Daisy is tasked with SHIELD's leadership, but instead forms and leads the Secret Warriors. Mack and Yo Yo adopt a child. Mack retires to homemaker. Yo Yo goes with Daisy for her day job. Fitz-Simmons tie the knot and spawns one of Deke's parents. Close curtains.

Problem being is this season's ratings are giving likelihood that S6 very well could happen now. And what's the show without Coulson? It could potentially turn Phil's (final) death into a "jumping the shark" scenario if the show goes on without him, instead of that being the series conclusion.

Coulson has been trying to step down since last season. If not longer. Last season he mentioned to Daisy that he wanted her as Director, and who better to be the new face of SHIELD than an Inhuman. Then we got Mace. With Mace gone, he's back to relying on Daisy as his successor.

Him dying will be full circle to a series end. It was likely the plan all along. With the series almost not getting renewed for this season, I'm sure they decided to really get that ball in motion when writing began for season 5. Believing season 5 would be it's last.

Kill off Phil. Daisy is tasked with SHIELD's leadership, but instead forms and leads the Secret Warriors. Mack and Yo Yo adopt a child. Mack retires to homemaker. Yo Yo goes with Daisy for her day job. Fitz-Simmons tie the knot and spawns one of Deke's parents. Close curtains.

Problem being is this season's ratings are giving likelihood that S6 very well could happen now. And what's the show without Coulson? It could potentially turn Phil's (final) death into a "jumping the shark" scenario if the show goes on without him, instead of that being the series conclusion.

As I said fans of the show might stop watching if Coulson dies at the end of season 5 and the show gets a sixth season, as some fans want Coulson to appear in the films again so the Avengers can finally learn he is alive and well. If they had him die before that could happen. people would ticked and that would the moment the show jumps the shark.

Or they may just let him die because the Avengers already think he's dead, and everything is tied up.

It would probably be May that would become the new head of Coulson's team or maybe they could get Cobie Smulders back as Maria Hill.

Or they'll just find another random white guy to be the new Director in favor of all the people it should be instead.

Haven't seen anyone talking about the Ghost Rider/deal with the devil Coulson made last season. It will for sure play part in his coming "death", pretty sure it will be used in some way to save him/let him live on.

Haven't seen anyone talking about the Ghost Rider/deal with the devil Coulson made last season. It will for sure play part in his coming "death", pretty sure it will be used in some way to save him/let him live on.

It was the first thing I thought about when they said Coulson was dying, but I couldn't think of what the deal entailed.

Well that would just tick off fans if that was done.

I don't believe it would if it wasn't handled well, at least not a significant amount. In fact honestly I really believe Coulson should die to tie everything up. It would be a fitting end to the series.

I don't believe it would if it wasn't handled well, at least not a significant amount. In fact honestly I really believe Coulson should die to tie everything up. It would be a fitting end to the series.

I disagree, plus fans on social media have said if Coulson dies they'll stop watching the show.

Best way to end the series for Coulson would be him retiring and going away somewhere, maybe to meet an old friend, implying he's going to see the Avengers, letting them know he's alive and Coulson getting together with May as well.

The show wouldn't jump the shark if Coulson died. It would jump the shark if they showed he was dead all along and that the whole series was his dying imagination after being stabbed by Loki. Maybe he's still on that operating table getting his brain operated on and saying "no, let me die". The time jumps or the Framework could just be his way of piecing things together as he slips in and out of consciousness.

I don't think it would jump the shark if it was all a Coulson dream (as that term is actually defined), but it would effectively end and would be a poor decision.

I don't think it would jump the shark if it was all a Coulson dream (as that term is actually defined), but it would effectively end and would be a poor decision.

It is bad enough that we might be on an alternate timeline path which could be used to totally cut an AoS new timeline from the movies, Hulu and NetFlix shared universe and going towards the DC extended universe path.

As a finale would following Dallas and instead of wiping out a season, wiping out the series like St Elsewhere would trump Enterprise using Star Trek TNG as the story narrator for worst genre finale

The show wouldn't jump the shark if Coulson died. It would jump the shark if they showed he was dead all along and that the whole series was his dying imagination after being stabbed by Loki. Maybe he's still on that operating table getting his brain operated on and saying "no, let me die". The time jumps or the Framework could just be his way of piecing things together as he slips in and out of consciousness.

They can't use the Coulson died and it's a dream thing b/c the show still tied to the movies indirectly after Avengers. Fury got the helicarrier for AoU from Coulson, and Fury got the intel on Hydra for AoU from SHIELD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"