Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E3 "Making Friends and Influencing People"

She could have worked. She's shorter than Jeremy Renner, whereas Adrianne Palicki would tower over him and a few others in the Avengers cast. Of course, I can't see Lotz wanting to play a very similar character again. Green Arrow and Black Canary are very similar to Hawkeye and Mockingbird.
Why on earth is it a problem the Palicki is taller than him? I'm assuming you're not trying to be sexist but that's how your comment comes off...

Why on earth is it a problem the Palicki is taller than him? I'm assuming you're not trying to be sexist but that's how your comment comes off...

It's not sexist (unless men can be sexist against men?).It means that the male hero looks like a short arse. Nothing to do with tall women but all to do with short men. Why do you think short men in powerful positions wear long heel shoes (Sarkozy being an example)?

People on these boards are very easy to sling around racist/sexist accusations I've noticed. When none is intended.

Jeremy Renner, is 5-10 whereas Adrianne Palicki is 5-11
I mean no one is towering over anyone

Jeremy Renner, is 5-10 whereas Adrianne Palicki is 5-11
I mean no one is towering over anyone

Didn't know their heights and didn't really care anyway. Even if there was a lot of difference they can use tricks to make him look bigger or more macho. Tom Cruise has turned it into an art form.

People on these boards are very easy to sling around racist/sexist accusations I've noticed. When none is intended.

It's Political Correctness Disease eating our nation like a plague from within. The Ebola of the Soul. Free speech? What's that? You people don't need that. Everyone call in sick and listen to all six sides of Zappa's Joe's Garage immediately. Frank was 100% sarcastic but 100% dead on and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for being so predictable. Amazing that he was such a liberal and yet still so patriotic.

I saw it comin a mile away when it got ta where ya can't even slap a waitress on the azz for pourin a strong cup 'o Joe with out gettin funny looks. :dry:

It's not sexist (unless men can be sexist against men?).It means that the male hero looks like a short arse. Nothing to do with tall women but all to do with short men. Why do you think short men in powerful positions wear long heel shoes (Sarkozy being an example)?

That's why I specifically didn't accuse them of it. I still don't understand why men have to be tall to be powerful/impressive. When I was a freshman in high school, my physics teacher had a terrifying presence and demeanor (and grading his grades were terrifying too...:oldrazz:). If you're a good actor you shouldn't need to be tall to be heroic.

It was an okay episode. Not as good as the premiere. Glad to see Simmons back for real this time. I wonder if she will be brainwashed. I do hope to see Donny Gill actually in a Blizzard costume next time round, otherwise he'll start feeling like these Smallville freaks of the week.

Who is Agent 33 supposed to be? Anyone significant? I wonder if Bobbi Morse was brainwashed, or is she also undercover?

There's an Agent 33 in the comics, but she's one of those characters that appears in an arc or two of one book and that's it.

And for all we know the writers just made up a character and gave her a random number because SHIELD agents have numbers sometimes.

Which is kind of odd since we haven't seen any agents go by "Agent [Number]" so far. I wonder if she's supposed to be someone important.

^Captain America: TWS had an "Agent [Number]". They're following suit.

That's just the one character, though. A minor one at that.

Every agent aside from her has been called by their name, including the ones introduced this season; Hartley and Mackenzie.

So I wonder why 33, and 13 for that matter, are different. Are they hiding her identity? Were they in some division of SHIELD that demanded they use numbers?

Last edited:
From comic vine

Agent 33 is a researcher and historian who has a special interest in classical mythology. She had studied the career of Greek Demigod Hercules, and was instrumental by Nick Fury, in recruiting him to aid S.H.I.E.L.D. against Ares and his Warhawks. During Hercules' final battle with the Warhawks, Agent 33 discovered that Agent DePaul was a traitor working for Ares. DePaul attempted to kill Agent 33, but instead died himself. Agent 33's current activities are unknown, but she is presumably still with S.H.I.E.L.D.

There's an Agent 33 in the comics, but she's one of those characters that appears in an arc or two of one book and that's it.

And for all we know the writers just made up a character and gave her a random number because SHIELD agents have numbers sometimes.

I'm sure it's a reference to the character for the comics (it would be a hell of a coincidence if it came out the same random number through luck). Now it's very possible that they don't plan on having any similarities besides the name, though.

That's just the one character, though. A minor one at that.

Every agent aside from her has been called by their name, including the ones introduced this season; Hartley and Mackenzie.

So I wonder why 33, and 13 for that matter, are different. Are they hiding her identity? Were they in some division of SHIELD that demanded they use numbers?

Don't quote me on this, but in the comics, and I think this is from when Sharon was introduced, Cap himself ponders the numerical code name and while SHIELD was a wide ranging organization back then it was nowhere near what it was to become and I think it was intimated that there actually was a small group of top SHIELD field agents (this was before Widow was an agent I think as well as Bobbi, and quite a few others that are known modern SHIELD members). I suppose they just eventually dropped that when SHIELD was expanded into what it later became in the Marvel U.

Why insult people people like that ?
So they watch a show that you don't, why be mean about it ?

Why insult people people like that ?
So they watch a show that you don't, why be mean about it ?

No. The funny line would have been to call me out on watching Arrow myself...

(it was a cool shocker though, with the drop off the roof into the dumpster with three shafts to the gut. Hard way to go.)

Well who's reading this thread to you? Or are you sounding out the big words all by yourself now Hitman? :cwink:

See? That would have been much better, especially with the wink. And then you would have only needed to say it once :cwink:

Sometimes you gotta read further down the thread for a punchline before your knee jerks and you accidentally go all Nanny on us.
(It's more a comedy troupe than stand up in here IMO I set em up you knock em down kinda thang :oldrazz:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"