• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...now that you put it that way...I guess...but still...it bothers me that Hill let one slips by her undetected... :(

She let a lot of them slip by her. You think she never encountered Garrett, or Sitwell? Same goes for Fury, letting Hydra infiltrate the entire organization to such a degree. There's nothing special about Ward that makes his infiltration any special.

Well...now that you put it that way...I guess...but still...it bothers me that Hill let one slips by her undetected... :(

Yeah, every SHIELD agent let tons of HYDRA slip by them undetected. Hill didn't do anything that Coulson and Fury didn't do a bajillion times. Coulson and Fury were worse, imho. Coulson was buddies with the Clairvoyant for years, but he just slipped on by. Coulson actually worked with Ward, day and day out, and he slipped on by. So who's stupider? Coulson who hangs out with HYDRA all the time, or Maria, who had one conversation with Ward and really just stamped Fury and Melinda May's recommendations.

Last edited:
I love how you guys are acting as if they're dumb for not seeing that it was hydra and letting people "slip by". They infiltrated them for years, gaining trust. Not that hard to believe. Almost compare it to something in real life for example. That next door neighbor that you've known for years. Seems like a great guy, never given you any indication over all the years that he isn't a good guy. Until you see him on the news for murdering his family.

And when they interview you, what do you say. Like these people always say when it happens. "He was just a great guy, never suspected him to do anything like this". People slip by others undetected for what they truly are all the time. Bottom line.

Whiskey what the hell is the name of the guy in your avatar again? I know he died recently and I remember him from the Seinfeld finale.

For approx 70 years of a go inside SHIELD, Hydra should really be ashamed of themselves for not accomplishing more. Focus first on controlling HR, Payroll and the coffee shop and you're half way to dominating the world.

So is Captain America a fugitive as well? I mean if SHIELD is being hunted down by the military, then wouldn't that make CA a fugitive on their list as well due to his past/recent affiliation with the group?

So is Captain America a fugitive as well? I mean if SHIELD is being hunted down by the military, then wouldn't that make CA a fugitive on their list as well due to his past/recent affiliation with the group?

Probably not, because remember in CA:TWS when Black Widow testified in front of the US Govt (Congress, Military, Intelligence) committee and then just got up and left unopposed after saying that they won't arrest any of them (Avengers/loyal SHIELD). I have to assume that scene was intended to be weeks, if not months, after the Hydra Uprising events though.

Some remaining events in AOS probably will occur prior to that, but that is just an assumption.

Probably not, because remember in CA:TWS when Black Widow testified in front of the US Govt (Congress, Military, Intelligence) committee and then just got up and left unopposed after saying that they won't arrest any of them (Avengers/loyal SHIELD). I have to assume that scene was intended to be weeks, if not months, after the Hydra Uprising events though.

Some remaining events in AOS probably will occur prior to that, but that is just an assumption.

Yeah that news clip near the start of the episode says something like 'reports says that an investigative hearing is being called for to look into the events' which is obviously what BW is at. And it's stuff like that that makes the MCU so awesome :yay:

Yeah that news clip near the start of the episode says something like 'reports says that an investigative hearing is being called for to look into the events' which is obviously what BW is at. And it's stuff like that that makes the MCU so awesome :yay:

Cool !!! ... I work nights and haven't seen Ep 18 yet.

I rest my case then... Don't worry, we all make mistakes...I still love you, Maria Hill. :hrt:

But Widow was told of it, which is why she released all of SHIELD's secrets. I know you can't turn off SHIELD overnight, but the movie was clear that SHIELD wasn't worth saving.

True, but wouldn't they just interpret that as HYDRA releasing all of SHIELD's secrets?

I do think it's weird that the show is living in a different moral universe, so to speak, where SHIELD is a good thing. That's weak. But it's not actually a plot hole, is it?

Think of the logic -- Coulson, Hand, etc. all gave their lives for SHIELD. They are going to naturally see the good in what they did, and work towards a pure SHIELD. Steve doesn't have that same loyalty to SHIELD. He was an SSR guy, but he's only been with SHIELD for a couple years. Any sense of wrong, and he's going to want to wipe it out -- that's who he is.

I still believe that they entire plan is for small pockets of agents and so on. Maybe we'll have SHIELD one day again in it's glory, but these AGents will work towards that, and it will take a LONG time.

I love how you guys are acting as if they're dumb for not seeing that it was hydra and letting people "slip by". They infiltrated them for years, gaining trust. Not that hard to believe. Almost compare it to something in real life for example. That next door neighbor that you've known for years. Seems like a great guy, never given you any indication over all the years that he isn't a good guy. Until you see him on the news for murdering his family.

And when they interview you, what do you say. Like these people always say when it happens. "He was just a great guy, never suspected him to do anything like this". People slip by others undetected for what they truly are all the time. Bottom line.

This is a great analogy!:applaud

First off, what I wanted to know is why did Agent Hill hire Agent Ward to be on the team to begin with without knowing he is with Hydra? This question has been bothering me since Sunday and I am sorry, as much as I love Maria Hill, how could she be that stupid? That stupid to trust him? Which leads me to thinking that what if she really did know? What if she is in some way part of hydra but that doesn't make any sense because of her role in TWS...she helped cover up Fury's death...she helped Cap and Falcon take down the Hellicarriers... I don't see how she could be part of Hydra...and now with her working at Starks Industries... I dunno... Something just doesn't add up because Agent Hill is supposed to be smart...and how Agent Ward could slip by her undetected as a Hydra Agent...who the hell knows...maybe she just didn't see it coming.

there were so many hydra agents in shield... the infiltration was hard to detect since people at the top were hydra. I am sure ward's track record is fine compared to that of black widow or nick fury who have done a lot of questionable things in their past

If you plant the right guys in the personal/recruiting department without getting spotted you have pretty much an opne door to bring in as many bad apples as you like. Since Zolas infiltration began almost 70 years ago blaming it on the current director seems a little harsh.

didnt Hand say that cap is off the radar as well.. he must be housed in the bunker in Avenger's tower :yay:

The main glaring difference being that neither you nor I are the world's most advanced intelligence agency, and are not extensively trained and experienced at spotting and rooting out spies. I love the SHIELD vs. HYDRA war, don't get me wrong; but give the whole concept even the slightest scrutiny, and the only conclusion you can come to is that SHIELD come off looking like Barney Fife and the Keystone Kops. MAJOR intel fail here.

First off, what I wanted to know is why did Agent Hill hire Agent Ward to be on the team to begin with without knowing he is with Hydra? This question has been bothering me since Sunday and I am sorry, as much as I love Maria Hill, how could she be that stupid? That stupid to trust him? Which leads me to thinking that what if she really did know? What if she is in some way part of hydra but that doesn't make any sense because of her role in TWS...she helped cover up Fury's death...she helped Cap and Falcon take down the Hellicarriers... I don't see how she could be part of Hydra...and now with her working at Starks Industries... I dunno... Something just doesn't add up because Agent Hill is supposed to be smart...and how Agent Ward could slip by her undetected as a Hydra Agent...who the hell knows...maybe she just didn't see it coming.

....what? :huh:
Agent Hill never hired Ward. She didn't have a thing to do with this. *Agent May* suggested Ward for the team, and Fury then made sure that Coulson "hand-picked" him. If you want to blame anybody for not seeing through Ward, May and Coulson are the main culprits.

didnt Hand say that cap is off the radar as well.. he must be housed in the bunker in Avenger's tower :yay:

He's not off the radar; he's just going after Winter Soldier, by his own admission. Raises an interesting point, though: is he going after Bucky alone, or is he going to recruit the Avengers to help him?

She says that 'his status is unknown' - my guess is he hadn't been found along the shore of the Potomac yet (assuming that her conversation with Coulson isn't too long after all the helicarrier's are down) - and then we also don't know how long he ended up having to be in the hospital

----------

Going back to my list of on the ground SHIELD locations/facilities go, just posting an updated list (under spoilers for length) since we've had a few new facilities at least mentioned:
  • The Triskelion
    Episodes Shown In: N/A (films - CA:TWS)​
  • The Hub
    Episodes Shown In: 1x7 "The Hub", 1x16 "End of the Beginning", 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn", 1x18 "Providence"​
  • The Fridge
    Episodes Shown In: 1x3 "The Asset" (pre-credit stinger), 1x18 "Providence"​
  • The Sandbox
    Location: Classified/Unknown (desert region, some of the MCU wikis indicate Africa? - not sure where that info came from)
    Episodes Shown In: 1x6 "FZZT"​
  • The Slingshot
    Location: Classified/Unknown (also appears to be in a desert region, but something that looks more like the Southwest)
    Episodes Shown In: 1x2 "084"​
  • The Academy (at least the Sciences & Technologies division)
    Location: Unknown (we know it was a former S.S.R. facility, exterior looks like pretty much any standard college campus, so could be anywhere)
    Episodes Shown In: 1x12 "Seeds"​
  • The Treehouse
    Episodes Shown In: None - mentioned in 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn"​
  • East African Headquarters
    Location: Unknown (other than it's probably in Eastern Africa ;))
  • The Cube
    Episodes Shown In: None - mentioned in 1x18 "Providence"​
  • Unnamed Zurich Medical Facility
    Episodes Shown In: 1x14 "T.A.H.I.T.I."​
  • Unnamed New York Facility
    Episodes Shown In: N/A (films: CA:TFA)​
  • Unnamed Training Facility (possibly Operations division of the Academy?)
    Episodes Shown In: 1x10 "The Bridge", possibly mentioned 1x12 "Seeds" (if it's the Operations division)​
  • Providence
    Episodes Shown In: 1x18 "Providence"​

Last edited:
He has the falcon for company in tracing Bucky.
I meant off the radar in a way that he cant be reached, he is probably hiding in a dark corner watching bucky ;)

She says that 'his status is unknown' - my guess is he hadn't been found along the shore of the Potomac yet (assuming that her conversation with Coulson isn't too long after all the helicarrier's are down) - and then we also don't know how long he ended up having to be in the hospital

----------

Going back to my list of on the ground SHIELD locations/facilities go, just posting an updated list (under spoilers for length) since we've had a few new facilities at least mentioned:
  • The Triskelion
    Episodes Shown In: N/A (films - CA:TWS)​
  • The Hub
    Episodes Shown In: 1x7 "The Hub", 1x16 "End of the Beginning", 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn", 1x18 "Providence"​
  • The Fridge
    Episodes Shown In: 1x3 "The Asset" (pre-credit stinger), 1x18 "Providence"​
  • The Sandbox
    Location: Classified/Unknown (desert region, some of the MCU wikis indicate Africa? - not sure where that info came from)
    Episodes Shown In: 1x6 "FZZT"​
  • The Slingshot
    Location: Classified/Unknown (also appears to be in a desert region, but something that looks more like the Southwest)
    Episodes Shown In: 1x2 "084"​
  • The Academy (at least the Sciences & Technologies division)
    Location: Unknown (we know it was a former S.S.R. facility, exterior looks like pretty much any standard college campus, so could be anywhere)
    Episodes Shown In: 1x12 "Seeds"​
  • The Treehouse
  • East African Headquarters
    Location: Unknown (other than it's probably in Eastern Africa ;))
  • The Cube
    Episodes Shown In: None - mentioned in 1x18 "Providence"​
  • Unnamed Zurich Medical Facility
    Episodes Shown In: 1x14 "T.A.H.I.T.I."​
  • Unnamed New York Facility
    Episodes Shown In: N/A (films: CA:TFA)​
  • Unnamed Training Facility (possibly Operations division of the Academy?)
    Episodes Shown In: None - mentioned in 1x12 "Seeds"​
  • Providence
    Episodes Shown In: 1x18 "Providence"​

Great work Silvermoon!!
there was a mention of an Icebox.. is that the same as the Fridge?

Great work Silvermoon!!
there was a mention of an Icebox.. is that the same as the Fridge?
I can't remember when an Icebox was mentioned (do you have an episode number?). If I had to take a guess, I would say that it's probably a certain security level within the Fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"