Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since AOS is set in MCU and is connected to not only all the Marvel Studios movies but also future TV series that ABC or other networks may churn out, I think the sky is the limit for expanding the mythology of this series. If Marvel is thinking big, this show could get huge in the future. Maybe they can even get someone like RDJ to cameo in the show?

At the same time I don't think AIM is done in the MCU at all. They're a classic Marvel villain organization that was just introduced in IM3, we barely even found out anything about their overall goals or structure...Extremis was just one of their projects. I'm sure we'll see more of them in future movies and even this show...but I still think HYDRA is the root of all evil.

You have a point. It's just kinda weird that Killian builds this company and isn't there as it takes on SHIELD. But I agree with HYDRA.

You have a point. It's just kinda weird that Killian builds this company and isn't there as it takes on SHIELD. But I agree with HYDRA.

Again, I don't think it would be a huge stretch to say he survived the end of Iron Man 3 and regenerated. Especially since the explosion he went out in was a lot smaller than all of the other Extremis explosions.

Really enjoyed the show, looking forward to seeing every episode

Again, I don't think it would be a huge stretch to say he survived the end of Iron Man 3 and regenerated. Especially since the explosion he went out in was a lot smaller than all of the other Extremis explosions.

That is very true. Unlikely that it'd actually happen it seems, but if it were the case, I'd love it.

Via Nathan Fillion's twitter:

BU8sezRCcAA7sGU.jpg:large

Since AOS is set in MCU and is connected to not only all the Marvel Studios movies but also future TV series that ABC or other networks may churn out, I think the sky is the limit for expanding the mythology of this series. If Marvel is thinking big, this show could get huge in the future. Maybe they can even get someone like RDJ to cameo in the show?

It's a big if, but if the show can ride the Avengers thunder and become a rating juggernaut, it's likely that he'd appear. We all know it's a given that Samuel L. Jackson may show up in the season finale. I'd like to see Barton honestly since we won't see him until Summer 2015.

...or had his mind uploaded into an android body and became MODOK. :oldrazz:

It's a big if, but if the show can ride the Avengers thunder and become a rating juggernaut, it's likely that he'd appear. We all know it's a given that Samuel L. Jackson may show up in the season finale. I'd like to see Barton honestly since we won't see him until Summer 2015.

Yeah, having Hawkeye on the show would be fantastic (and perhaps they can go head-to-head against Arrow?). I don't know if Jeremy Renner can accomodate his busy schedule to make a guest-appearance, though. If Whedon made good on his promise that Avengers 2 will give Barton more screentime, then perhaps Renner will be enticed to show up.

Me think Ultron is the result of Extremis experiment on a robot gone wrong

Or the Extremis virus imprinting itself on Jarvis when Stark exploded Killian in his armor suit

...or had his mind uploaded into an android body and became MODOK. :oldrazz:

Yeah, I'm sure AIM's still alive and kicking, and there's a lot of potential (new) leaders to choose from in the comics --- MODOK, Super-Adaptoid, Monica Rappaccini, Graviton, Taskmaster....sky's the limit. (No pun intended there, Skye.) Plus, there's always the potential for other groups that acquired Extremis tech to try to control and manipulate it for themselves now that Killian is out of the way.

New "this season" trailer

reuses a lot of footage but there's a lot of new content too, even more than the trailer from yesterday.

If the show starts casting bigger, well known actors for recurring roles, we can safely assume we'll be seeing those actors in the MCU films.

I got a prediction for Ruth Negga:

She's the leader of the organization that infected J August Richards with Extremis.

New "this season" trailer

reuses a lot of footage but there's a lot of new content too, even more than the trailer from yesterday.

Good gawd. I could watch Chloe Bennet bounce in that bra-less wet pink dress all day long. They're not being too subtle at all about using Skye for T & A, especially in the commercials. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :hrt:

Honestly, considering the events of "The Winter Soldier" will unfold next year, I would think that Hydra would be one of, if not, THE biggest adversary that this show will be first tackling this season.

Also, is it true that the show takes place after the events of "Iron Man 3"? I was hoping that it would actually take place during or even just a little before it since I would have loved seeing a reason as to why SHIELD didn't respond to the Mandarin's attack on Stark.

Honestly, considering the events of "The Winter Soldier" will unfold next year, I would think that Hydra would be one of, if not, THE biggest adversary that this show will be first tackling this season.

Also, is it true that the show takes place after the events of "Iron Man 3"? I was hoping that it would actually take place during or even just a little before it since I would have loved seeing a reason as to why SHIELD didn't respond to the Mandarin's attack on Stark.

I think it's been implied that CATWS will answer that question, which would likely place CATWS at roughly the same time as IM3.

I think it's been implied that CATWS will answer that question, which would likely place CATWS at roughly the same time as IM3.

If that's the case, then that would mean that the events taking place in "Agents of Shield" occur AFTER both of those films, which I have a hard time believing since given on how SHIELD's internal infrastructure is supposed to be shaken to its core by the events of TWS, they seemed to be doing pretty alright in this film.

If that's the case, then that would mean that the events taking place in "Agents of Shield" occur AFTER both of those films, which I have a hard time believing since given on how SHIELD's internal infrastructure is supposed to be shaken to its core by the events of TWS, they seemed to be doing pretty alright in this film.

Yep. Although
If Fury is replaced as director by Maria Hill, I don't think that'll affect anything on this show.

They have two Asian women in the cast in Ming Na and Chloe Bennett.

I think its more a matter that the age of the all the actors a long with the clothing an hair choices makes them all look pretty much the same.

I think its more a matter that the age of the all the actors a long with the clothing an hair choices makes them all look pretty much the same.

Both Greg and Ming Na are in their 40s-50s. The other four are in their 20s-30s. I think they have a good balance between veterans and youngsters.

I'm pretty sure they said this takes place right after the Battle of New York...so it takes place about 6 months before IM3 and Cap 2 if it occurs simultaneously or shortly before IM3.

I'm pretty sure they said this takes place right after the Battle of New York...so it takes place about 6 months before IM3 and Cap 2 if it occurs simultaneously or shortly before IM3.

:huh: I'm pretty sure it takes place after IM3 if they knew about Extremis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"