Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now we know what character arc Coulson will be dealing with on this show, when the facade slowly gets stripped away.

You mean that damn robot ?

By the way, I think the timing of Age of Ultron SDCC teaser leak is no coincidence

Ultron looks badass by the way

I don't know, as some are saying him being a LMD is too obvious. One theory is that [
]he was a guinea pig for one of the super soldier serum variations.[
]

wow Terry interesting

In that Marvel One Shot, " a funny thing happend on blablabla " he kinda does super stuff

Did anyone notice in Skye's Van there was a newspaper article that said "Hero kid saves family" or something like that? If that was an old article it could be Quicksilver.

Couple of observations:

1. The way Coulson kind of sarcastically said the name "Skye" during her interrogation and her reference to having "done this before" with regard to hacking the I.D. database makes me think that she has a secret identity, perhaps one with connections to the MCU.

2. The hints of May's mysterious past and her obvious martial arts skills make me wonder if she has any ties to the Red Room Project and Black Widow. Just a thought, but maybe she is a version of the Ultimate Universe's Monica Chang, the new Black Widow. My theory is that they didn't use the name because they didn't want to spoil the twist.

Couple of observations:

1. The way Coulson kind of sarcastically said the name "Skye" during her interrogation and her reference to having "done this before" with regard to hacking the I.D. database makes me think that she has a secret identity, perhaps one with connections to the MCU.

Well, Stark did hack into SHIELD secure files

And helicarrier was in the sky :o

Did anyone notice in Skye's Van there was a newspaper article that said "Hero kid saves family" or something like that? If that was an old article it could be Quicksilver.

Yup saw that

Im sure it was a good Easter Egg

Great visual effects, references and easter eggs.
I'm still not that into the generic procedural stuff, but looks interesting enough.

Pretty good pilot. But with Sleepy Hollow being awesome, Beware the Batman being amazing and Arrow starting up again plus all my other shows, I think ill wait for blu ray for this.

I loved the pilot. It was better than a lot of other pilots. It's great to have another superhero show to watch every week. While I do love Arrow it tends to feel less like a superhero show sometimes.

Loved all the references.

I think the season long villain will be AIM. It'd be good to see them fleshed out and doing the things they do in the comics.

I think what may have happened to Coulson is they used the Infinity Formula on him just like they did on Mockingbird in New Avengers.

I think this is going to be a great weekly show and I think what'll set it apart is the craziness that ensues when dealing with the MCU.

What's cool is that they can bring in a lot of side characters as Arrow is doing and Smallville did before, but it will also be connected to the movies.

Now that Marvel has the rights back to some of these characters from other studios, while they may not be right for doing feature films, they would make for great TV show fodder. Wouldn't be cool to see Coulson teaming up with Blade?

What's cool is that they can bring in a lot of side characters as Arrow is doing and Smallville did before, but it will also be connected to the movies.

Now that Marvel has the rights back to some of these characters from other studios, while they may not be right for doing feature films, they would make for great TV show fodder. Wouldn't be cool to see Coulson teaming up with Blade?

If they cast a relatively known actor/actress and he/she plays a significant MCU character, we may see them in the movies.

Or some of the SHIELD characters crossing over into an episode of Daredevil? Gah, the possibilities.

Loving all the Twitter reactions!

And I don't care about Maria Hill's hair in the slightest. Just glad to see she's in it. But that news about Lola made me the happiest. :D
Agreed! So what!

So with A.I.M. being the likely season arching villains, may we see Killian again?

I don't think AIM is the real villain, I think HYDRA is.

Didn't he die in IM3?

[blackout]Yeah, he apparently does. The thing that caught me off guard is that you'd think after Iron Man 3, A.I.M. was done and wouldn't be stretched out into this show.[/blackout] I don't know. I'm a little blindsided by it, actually.

I don't think AIM is the real villain, I think HYDRA is.

I'd prefer that, actually.

:up:

Still surprise no one caught the Haiti & Brother Voodoo connection.

[blackout]Yeah, he apparently does. The thing that caught me off guard is that you'd think after Iron Man 3, A.I.M. was done and wouldn't be stretched out into this show.[/blackout] I don't know. I'm a little blindsided by it, actually.

I'd prefer that, actually.

:up:
At the same time I don't think AIM is done in the MCU at all. They're a classic Marvel villain organization that was just introduced in IM3, we barely even found out anything about their overall goals or structure...Extremis was just one of their projects. I'm sure we'll see more of them in future movies and even this show...but I still think HYDRA is the root of all evil.

At the same time I don't think AIM is done in the MCU at all. They're a classic Marvel villain organization that was just introduced in IM3, we barely even found out anything about their overall goals or structure...Extremis was just one of their projects. I'm sure we'll see more of them in future movies and even this show...but I still think HYDRA is the root of all evil.

AIM could be involved with turning Franklin Hall into Graviton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"