• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looking forward to this....Whether it is good or bad, it's amazing just how far Marvel has come in the last decade...

We never thought we'd get an actual Marvel tv show that wasn't animated. DC did have them beat on that front.

We never thought we'd get an actual Marvel tv show that wasn't animated. DC did have them beat on that front.
This. Hopefully this leads to live-action shows about higher profile heroes (Daredevil).

I think they may start giving some of their C and D listers shows if this does well. Characters that don't have to have massive budgets.

If Marvel can make a successful TV show with no superheroes as the leads, then I think they can really pat themselves on the back. For AOS to succeed, it will need to have compelling characters, engaging plots, and enough cliff-hangers to lure viewers back week after week. It is a far more difficult task than having Dr. Banner hulking out every week or Clark Kent showing off his Superman powers.

And Marvel has a show on a network that actually matters. I love DC but the majority of people don't take The CW seriously.

Don't downplay their accomplishments. They've gotten live actions shows on the air, and up until now, Marvel hasn't.

And lets not forget that the guy who is running this thing hit it big with a show on The CW's predecessor.

Already name dropping and coulsons death faked. Love it so far

Edit: ooo yay it's more complicated than faked death! Haha

Last edited:
Already name dropping and coulsons death faked. Love it so far

Edit: ooo yay it's more complicated than faked death! Haha

that line was actually confirmed a while ago. Back when info for the pilot leaked

Who are these people? Produce them so we can point and laugh. :lmao:

You have a peculiar crowd of friends, then. Only Michael Bay and his immediate family enjoyed Transformers 3. Avengers is pretty universally well-liked.

Films like Transformers 3 don't make that much money with nobody liking it, now that's delusional of the kind i only find on the internet. About the delusion that lead most i know prefer those films, well, in my country superhero movies aren't exactly the most popular ones:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/intl/portugal/yearly/?yr=2012&p=.htm

The Avengers still made a lot of money, that's true, but as you can see there were many that did more, Fast 6 was even more popular than The Avengers here. I guess we don't that big of a "geek" crowd.

I love how Thor was referred to as a god and Chloe Bennet is quite cute

I wonder if that black guy will turn out to be Luke Cage

that line was actually confirmed a while ago. Back when info for the pilot leaked

Haven't been keeping up on anything Marvel anymore. Spoiler free for me! Just came around to chat about the show haha

Don't downplay their accomplishments. They've gotten live actions shows on the air, and up until now, Marvel hasn't.

And lets not forget that the guy who is running this thing hit it big with a show on The CW's predecessor.

True but it seems that WB/CW is TV's whipping boy. I've head a lot of people say they won't watch CW shows. To be fair, DC did have Lois and Clark on ABC.

Whoa and a Thor trailer/tv spot with a bunch of footage I hadn't seen! Sweet!

So Peterson is a baddie. Interesting.

Ok, guess not.

Last edited:
Coulson can never know. Hmmmmm

He did die and they synthetized him

But he doesnt know

Vision I saayyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"